Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Gives Them 7 Days Off

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Question for you :

Is Mangini a head coach in this league at the moment? No he isn't.

So don't act like it was some big loss, because it wasn't.

Rex, Mangina, Herm....THEY ALL SUCK DONG.
    Mangini is not coaching at all because of spygate and will never coach again.
    How Cleveland hired him is a mystery for the ages. His coaching credentials are great., But every team has skeletons and no one will ever take him on.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    HEy, don't get me wrong, I don't think Mangini was the next coming without criticism, but we will never truly know, he was not a disaster and his philosophy was hard to question (hard work, keep your mouth shut, no nonsense, etc).

I also believe that Mangini is not a HC, in part, by choice. I am sure that Mangini could have taken a job somewhere in the NFL as a position or defensive coordinator possibly beginning the process of moving up the ladder to NFL HC again. He didn't, took a commentator job so we will never really know. I also believe that some organizations are holding spy gate against him.

None the less, Mangini was railroaded be Woody who saw dollar signs in the eyes of Brett Favre indirectly throwing his HC under the bus, knowing that an aging HOF QB, who wore out his welcome in the NFL is no recipe for success with a relatively new HC...........
    Mangini was a young coach who deserved a chance to learn from his mistakes. Maybe he couldn't fix those problems on the job and ultimately would have been fired anyway. But Mangini was assassinated by Woody/Tanny, he wanted no part of Favre and they pulled the rug out from under him.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Mangini is not coaching at all because of spygate and will never coach again.
    How Cleveland hired him is a mystery for the ages. His coaching credentials are great., But every team has skeletons and no one will ever take him on.
    This.........+1

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mangini was a young coach who deserved a chance to learn from his mistakes. Maybe he couldn't fix those problems on the job and ultimately would have been fired anyway. But Mangini was assassinated by Woody/Tanny, he wanted no part of Favre and they pulled the rug out from under him.
    No doubt DD, just adds to the sad story of this organization. Easy to look back now on it. Frighting that people are still defending, Woody, Rex, and the circus they bring.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    You know as much as I believe you are correct, a small part of me hopes that the same Woody Johnson that lost patience with Mangini during a season that was light years better than this current season, shows back up and makes the right call.

While our two biggest rivals, the Pats and Giants, are the class of the league, we are a joke. We made Yahoo news for activating Hayden Smith. Smith who made zero impact but because he didnt play football in HS or college, yet is better than 4 players that we drafted, makes yahoo news.

Wow!
    We almost beat the Pats

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    We almost beat the Pats
    LOL, many would argue that we lost MOSTLY because of our coaching!

What's the point. They couldn't go on the road and beat Seattle if they prepared for 14 days or 14 minutes.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    The sad part is that we forget that Woody is the actual cause of all of this. He LOVES Rex and the circus that it brings. Jets off for 7 days? Good, there will be article after article written about it keeping this 3-5 team relevant. Dont miss the next insane thing the JETS might do!
    Alright, I'm going to complain when you're out for the next Festivus or Islamic school holiday week off

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How do you know he wanted no part of Favre? He named his son after him so I'm not sure about that

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    :headshake:

Oh gee, from one extreme to another !!!! And that confuses you ? It's not difficult to understand. One guy is seen as a complete hard ass (think Bobby Knight), ruffles feathers, has personnel issues, etc, doesn't work out. So, what do you do ? Go for someone different. You know, more laissez faire, the opposite end of the spectrum.
    that's the way this organization works.
    herm- bbqs, player's coach etc- fired
    mangini- hard-ass, jerk-fired
    rex- loud mouth buffoon, player's coach- ?
    new coach- hardass-

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    that's the way this organization works.
    herm- bbqs, player's coach etc- fired
    mangini- hard-ass, jerk-fired
    rex- loud mouth buffoon, player's coach- ?
    new coach- hardass-
    Alot of organization in all sports work that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Alright, I'm going to complain when you're out for the next Festivus or Islamic school holiday week off
    Or hurricane........

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    How do you know he wanted no part of Favre? He named his son after him so I'm not sure about that
    Simple. It was not the first time Mangini named one of his children after a player. He did it with Belichick and Rodney Harrison. And it was their middle names. So this was not as rare a gesture as you think.

The child you were referring to was born on Brett Favre's birthday so Mangini, who is superstitious likely viewed it as a sign.

Also Mangini has since admitted that he "initially" wanted no part of Favre.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-want-favre/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Rex gives 'em seven days off: EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The slumping Jets need work. But they're not going t... http://t.co/ecvtZhp7 #nyj
    But I thought they took the day off on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    This is mandated in the new CBA. Please continue with the righteous indignation though.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...-bye-week-work
    LOL, it took 16 points, but finally, the one post in the thread with a clue.

I also think the hurricane had a lot to do with the decision.

But hey, let's not consider logic and common sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Common sense would dictate that Rex give them 14 days off, because this horrible group of coaches can't do anything to improve this horrible roster of little-to-no talent anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Did anyone read the article?
    They were gonna practice Monday and Tuesday, and instead of making them go to work for two days on their bye week, during the largest hurricane on record, he gave them the days off to care for their families. Additionally the cba mandates 4 consecutive days off on the bye week.
    What an idiot.

Edit: everyone beat me to the punch.

Of course not, SAR already had his anti-Rex post up bashing him for such a disgraceful decision... Read and apply logic? That doesn't apply to some around here, it's all about chest thumping and running to the message board to be the quickest one to bury the Jets in typical knee-jerk reactionary fashion, without a speckle of thought and analysis.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-29-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Common sense would dictate that Rex give them 14 days off, because this horrible group of coaches can't do anything to improve this horrible roster of little-to-no talent anyway.
    I think that is stretching it, but I'm not going to defend the team after a performance where I thought the major problem was that the team wasn't prepared for what Miami threw at them, especially on ST's.

The irony of it all, defense wasn't really the problem, offensive game plan wasn't the problem either because the game plan called for a heavy ground game and controlling the clock, but were never able to fully deploy it because of a beyond HORRIBLE ST's performance, where game planning and counter-action was probably the worst in the Westoff era, and THIS is what REALLY killed us in that game yesterday, and nobody is talking about it...

Down 17-0 nothing on two huge ST's plays, a team that was basically given a 17-0 deficit to start the game, yet, people want to blame the QB and the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post