Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don't the homers owe us an apology?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Let me get this straight... you believe you are OWED an apology... from strangers on the Internet... because they were right and you were wrong... about a football team.

I don't say this lightly, but you need a life. You'll get nothing and like it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Jesus Christ, don't event let me get started on you.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I told the Blind Homer Cult we're not forgetting what they did to us all summer. There's a list. It's not going away.

SAR I
    There is absolutely no "I told you so" going on here.

No one is more sorry to be "right" than the Realists are. We'd rather be 8-0 and being tarred-and-feathered by Blind Homer abuse right now, trust us.

That being said, we were harassed all summer, many of us wrongly banned, because a handful of so-called "most loyal" Jets fans got their rocks off by abusing other Jets fans, telling the mods we were trolls, invading any thread that we were trying to conduct that wasn't all sunshine and roses.

An apology is warranted and would be a nice gesture. The lesson here is that we're all Jets fans and all points of view should be embraced.

SAR I
    LOL, You were the only one between you and me that ever complained to a mod about the other...I don't take this stuff that seriously to run to the mods...Once again you're lumping me in with others...Keep up the march, though, it's all we have for the next 2 weeks.

Jesus Christ, don't event let me get started on you.
    WTF?

All League
    SlickBri shall now be known as SlickWhine. Ohhhh, please apologize to me! I demand it!! I was right all along!

You should apologize to your parents for gravely disappointing them. Your father probably wanted a strapping son, and instead got... this.
    Lmfaoooo!!!!

I was one of the hope fulls and I say no. Who could see us loosing Holmes and Revis as early as we did. As much as people want to say it wasn't a big deal on both it really is. Revis whether we had good depth or not represented a 2 game swing at min. Holmes is a good WR and a vet presence we need on O. The burner has really been Marks play. Really this year has been worst case scenario. It isn't the OL, the WRs, or the OC it is him. I was saying 11-5 but but the way things have played out 8-8 7-9 seems more likely. We still play bad teams in Buff, Jax, SL, Tenn, and Seattle. NE, SD, and Zona are alll winnable games as well. We should win at least 4 more at min baring anther season ending injury. Yeah we don't make the PO but if we finish 8-8 it will still be an OK year IMO. There is a lot of good young talent on this team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I HATE being right about this. I hate it. I want glory. I want 14 win seasons. I want Rex drinking champagne in February. BUT

This team is what I thought it was. The homers told us 12-4. They told us the Niners game was a speedbump. They told us Sanchez was struggling because x, y, and z. We were promised by the homers that this week was a walk in the park. Great team that lost a tight one in overtime. We were promised a lot. I think the homers owe us, me and others who they have ridiculed, called us SOJF, called us idiots (and worse) for not believing this was an amazing team.

I think they owe us an apology
    You'll never get it.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Excellent point about the Special Teams. I never expected a breakdown there.

I personally am disappointed with Sanchez. I have always been a big supporter of his. What concerns me is his accuracy, or lack thereof. I also just don't think he is sharp in the "Football Sense." In his 4th year he is making mistakes, both mentally and physically, he should not be.
    I think a lot of the problems this year on special teams is it seems the team is churning the lower part of the roster a lot. That coupled with the injuries to our starts has hurt execution. This year is the first yr in many where we have had so many injuries.

Bingo!

Absolutely pathetic that we have members of this fanbase thumping their chests in a thread like this.

I'm not giving up, the Giants could use a few more frontrunners though! FRAUDS!
    No one is thumping any chests. It's a sad time to be a Jets fan. We feel more sorry for you because you didn't see it coming.

SAR I

No one is thumping any chests. It's a sad time to be a Jets fan. We feel more sorry for you because you didn't see it coming.

SAR I
    This +1

All League
    I will give you my apology at the end of the year..Still a lot of football to play.

All Pro
    So are the true Jets fans hoping for a 6-8 win season, or more losses to better draft positioning?

Thanks, sojf.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    sg3 cannot see this post since you are on his ignore list

I said 8-8 and I thought that was a stretch.

I figured it was more like 6-10...

I caught major **** from Jets fans who said I was being negative...

Then after they beat Indy they acted like they had beaten a top level team....

I've said this team was going downhill before last season. Had them at 8-8 and and that's what we got...

Bad football team... Call Kotite...

Bingo!

Absolutely pathetic that we have members of this fanbase thumping their chests in a thread like this.

I'm not giving up, the Giants could use a few more frontrunners though! FRAUDS!
    How that 12-4 guarantee looking?

SAR I
    SAR....you are so right, and it is gonna get alot worse before it gets better. The buffonery is reminiscent of the end of the Kotite era, but unfortunately I don't think that there is a Parcells to save us. Looking back, it's easy to see why Belichik was so quick to resign as the hcotnyj.

SAR I
    Stop with this nonsense...

Any knowledgable Jet fan can always see it coming, we live our lives with our fingers crossed, waiting for the other shoe to drop (knowing that it always ends up dropping) even when all is going perfect.

Hitting rock bottom is always right around the corner with this franchise, as is being amazed when they suddenly surprise us with a big victory or an unexpected playoff run. I for one can always see it coming, but unlike you, I'd rather be a glass half full guy and hope for best instead of whining on and on about it.

That's the difference with some of us

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    SAR....you are so right, and it is gonna get alot worse before it gets better. The buffonery is reminiscent of the end of the Kotite era, but unfortunately I don't think that there is a Parcells to save us. Looking back, it's easy to see why Belichik was so quick to resign as the hcotnyj.
    But was he quick to refund the money he took from Hess to coach

When Parcells had Leon Johnson throw away the '97 season all I could think of was what a savior he was!

All Pro

SAR I
    In which post did you predict the injuries to Holmes and Revis. I cant find it

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    How that 12-4 guarantee looking?
    Dont make me start wishing for injuries up in NE.