Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't the homers owe us an apology?

Don't the homers owe us an apology?

I HATE being right about this. I hate it. I want glory. I want 14 win seasons. I want Rex drinking champagne in February. BUT

This team is what I thought it was. The homers told us 12-4. They told us the Niners game was a speedbump. They told us Sanchez was struggling because x, y, and z. We were promised by the homers that this week was a walk in the park. Great team that lost a tight one in overtime. We were promised a lot. I think the homers owe us, me and others who they have ridiculed, called us SOJF, called us idiots (and worse) for not believing this was an amazing team.

I think they owe us an apology

Bewildered Beast
    13-3 with creative accounting; I stand behind my remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I was the worst homer this preseason, I said 9-7... this team will be lucky to win 6 games. At Seattle is a given loss, but the Rams week after will probably stick it to us too. I don't really see many wins left on the schedule

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post

All League
    At least apologize to Sar I for the "EAD" thread when we beat a team that unbelievably is worse than us.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I was the worst homer this preseason, I said 9-7... this team will be lucky to win 6 games. At Seattle is a given loss, but the Rams week after will probably stick it to us too. I don't really see many wins left on the schedule
    LOL thats not being a homer.....Im sure you didnt for see Revis and Holmes out for the year at that point.....and please enough with the "its a given loss" schedule run down......ITS THE NFL! ANY GIVEN SUNDAY! Hell, even Kotite won 4 games......no one owes anyone an apology for their opinion (in my opinion LOL) its America......hop off the ledge.....its been WAAAAY worse before my friend.....trust me Im depressed as well......but gotta keep perspective and grounded

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    At least apologize to Sar I for the "EAD" thread when we beat a team that unbelievably is worse than us.
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I

SAR has thick skin and views Jets Insider as it should be viewed- as a place for two-way dialog.

The only time SAR gets upset is when others try to stop discussion by pushing their rah-rah Blind Homer agenda on the rest of us, calling everyone they disagree with a 'troll', and feeling that they can harass others because they wave the flag of optimism. These posters are named:

Ray Ray 19
    Jet Nut
    Dimitri_0515
    jetssjumets
    cant wait
    Gastineau99
    eaglenj
    Mohegangreen

SAR and many other posters would like these members watched closely and the rules enforced as thoroughly on them as they are against the rest of us. This thread is cute, I don't mind it, but when things get back to normal on Monday it's these posters that need special attention. They cause the trouble, taunt and bully until retribution is forced, and make JI virtually unusable far too often.

SAR I
    I told the Blind Homer Cult we're not forgetting what they did to us all summer. There's a list. It's not going away.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I told the Blind Homer Cult we're not forgetting what they did to us all summer. There's a list. It's not going away.

SAR I
    As I said before, you're making a list and checking it twice- you're going to find out who's been naughty and who's been nice?

All League

Hell, if we can't get satisfaction watching this team . . .

It would be nice if the pom-pom boys apologized for the way they treated anyone who spoke critically of our team.

I don't think any one owes me an apology. The big culprits are so out to lunch on this that they need not apologize. They just have the ostrich mentality of head in the sand and because we hope it will all turn out alright that surely it will. Next time the jets have any success at all or win a game they will be out in full force.

SAR I
    I find it funny that I am on your list as a homer, I would consider myself a realist that hopes for the best, more in between the SOJF's and the Koolade crew. But I guess in my posts that disagreed with your "Anyone over the age of 40 knows" posts you have lumped me in as a homer, which I am not.
    I tend to like to see how a situation plays out instead of hating on my team endlessly throughout an offseason, preseason and regular season. I, unlike you, never stated I knew what was going to happen. This being said, we are at the midpoint of the season and it still might be a little premature for you to be taking your bows for your predictions because a lot changes from week to week, obviously. Whatever, though, enjoy your soapbox, dude.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I find it funny that I am on your list as a homer, I would consider myself a realist that hopes for the best, more in between the SOJF's and the Koolade crew. But I guess in my posts that disagreed with your "Anyone over the age of 40 knows" posts you have lumped me in as a homer, which I am not.
    I tend to like to see how a situation plays out instead of hating on my team endlessly throughout an offseason, preseason and regular season. I, unlike you, never stated I knew what was going to happen. This being said, we are at the midpoint of the season and it still might be a little premature for you to be taking your bows for your predictions because a lot changes from week to week, obviously. Whatever, though, enjoy your soapbox, dude.

So we can still go 11-5?

SAR I
    It's called the Kool Aid club and you forgot Stepchild and sg on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    So we can still go 11-5?
    LOL, that wasn't what I meant by that post, this team has to be the wildest roller coaster ride in sports, so who the hell knows what's going to happen next. That was all I meant...

I was thinking of us as a .500 and over team but when you get bltchslapped at home by the Dolphins, it ain't lookin very good for us, let alone running the table. I don't have any faith in these guys, now. That was embarrassing, we'll have to see how they respond...4-4 in the second half looks tough now.

Grown men asking other grown men to apologize on an internet message board is so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I HATE being right about this. I hate it. I want glory. I want 14 win seasons. I want Rex drinking champagne in February. BUT

This team is what I thought it was. The homers told us 12-4. They told us the Niners game was a speedbump. They told us Sanchez was struggling because x, y, and z. We were promised by the homers that this week was a walk in the park. Great team that lost a tight one in overtime. We were promised a lot. I think the homers owe us, me and others who they have ridiculed, called us SOJF, called us idiots (and worse) for not believing this was an amazing team.

I think they owe us an apology
    Probably one of the dumbest threads ever. I guess nobody is allowed an opinion with out being labeled.

Besides, even someone like SAR who predicted a poor season, was wrong. The QB play is awful, yet he is a member of the Blind Sanchez Homer Cult.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    It would be nice if the pom-pom boys apologized for the way they treated anyone who spoke critically of our team.
    It would be nice if Sandy took a sharp turn to the right. It wont.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    You were very mean to us in July.

Say you're sorry and you won't do it again and all is forgiven and you will no longer be blacklisted, take your name right off there.

SAR I

You were very mean to us in July.

Say you're sorry and you won't do it again and all is forgiven and you will no longer be blacklisted, take your name right off there.

SAR I
    Sounds like an amnesty program.