Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't the homers owe us an apology?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's hard to admit, that SAR I was right. For sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL... turnabout is fair play I suppose. Even if it does seem a little childish.

I doubt you will hear much from the room temperature IQ club this week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They owe no one an apology ... They were just made that way ....

And I agree ... It was a tough nut to swallow (SAR being correct)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Sounds like an amnesty program.
    Realistic Jets fans shouldn't have been abused by the Blind Homers in July, the Realists don't intend to abuse Blind Homers in October.

An apology would be nice, heal old wounds at a time that we're all hurting.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nobody owes anybody anything.

We are all fans.

This is not about being right and "homers" being wrong. There is no need for "I told you so". Just be the bigger person. There is no need to keep score.

WE ARE ALL LOSERS IN THIS.

The team is the problem, not posters with opposing views.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

We are all fans.

This is not about being right and "homers" being wrong. There is no need for "I told you so". Just be the bigger person. There is no need to keep score.

You get it, my friend!! This sucks for anyone who loves the J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

We are all fans.

This is not about being right and "homers" being wrong. There is no need for "I told you so".

There is absolutely no "I told you so" going on here.

No one is more sorry to be "right" than the Realists are. We'd rather be 8-0 and being tarred-and-feathered by Blind Homer abuse right now, trust us.

That being said, we were harassed all summer, many of us wrongly banned, because a handful of so-called "most loyal" Jets fans got their rocks off by abusing other Jets fans, telling the mods we were trolls, invading any thread that we were trying to conduct that wasn't all sunshine and roses.

An apology is warranted and would be a nice gesture. The lesson here is that we're all Jets fans and all points of view should be embraced.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

No one is more sorry to be "right" than the Realists are. We'd rather be 8-0 and being tarred-and-feathered by Blind Homer abuse right now, trust us.

That being said, we were harassed all summer, many of us wrongly banned, because a handful of so-called "most loyal" Jets fans got their rocks off by abusing other Jets fans.

An apology is warranted and would be a nice gesture. The lesson here is that we're all Jets fans and all points of view should be embraced.

SAR I

You weren't right!! They may not be great, but your eval was wrong. We have no QB!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    You weren't right!! They may not be great, but your eval was wrong. We have no QB!!
    There were a lot of threads, but our basic premise all summer was this:

- The head coach lost the team.

- The defense was getting old and hanging its hopes on a bunch of raw rookies and oft-injured castoff free agents.

- The offense was completely depleted and ignored.

- Tim Tebow was useless and a distraction.

The conversation on Mark Sanchez was whether or not he would have a bounce back year, not whether or not he was going to fall to pieces. We didn't talk special teams collapses either.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

- The defense was getting old and hanging its hopes on a bunch of raw rookies and oft-injured castoff free agents.

The conversation on Mark Sanchez was whether or not he would have a bounce back year, not whether or not he was going to fall to pieces. We didn't talk special teams collapses either.

SAR I
    I agree with the previous poster .. You were right overall ... But wrong about Sanchez and fail to see that the reason Tebow has been a colossal failure is because the coaching staff does not know how to use him properly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

That being said, we were harassed all summer, many of us wrongly banned, because a handful of so-called "most loyal" Jets fans got their rocks off by abusing other Jets fans, telling the mods we were trolls, invading any thread that we were trying to conduct that wasn't all sunshine and roses.

SAR I
    SAR, I wasn't referring specifically to you.

I agree with you about nobody being happy with this. And there were some people that claimed that some fans were hoping for the team to do bad so they can be right. I think that is complete BS and said so at the time.

But honestly, I think everyone needs to grow a sack. It is the internet. And cyber-bullying does not apply to grown men. I have a hard time believing anyone really got their feelings hurt b.c of someone on the internet calling them a troll or SOJF.

Just my POV but asking for apologies is weak. I know when I am justified and that is enough for me, I do not need people to admit they were wrong to know they were wrong. I don't do that in real life and I certainly would never do that on the internet. Just move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Excellent point about the Special Teams. I never expected a breakdown there.

I personally am disappointed with Sanchez. I have always been a big supporter of his. What concerns me is his accuracy, or lack thereof. I also just don't think he is sharp in the "Football Sense." In his 4th year he is making mistakes, both mentally and physically, he should not be.
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 10-29-2012 at 10:24 AM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I HATE being right about this. I hate it. I want glory. I want 14 win seasons. I want Rex drinking champagne in February. BUT

This team is what I thought it was. The homers told us 12-4. They told us the Niners game was a speedbump. They told us Sanchez was struggling because x, y, and z. We were promised by the homers that this week was a walk in the park. Great team that lost a tight one in overtime. We were promised a lot. I think the homers owe us, me and others who they have ridiculed, called us SOJF, called us idiots (and worse) for not believing this was an amazing team.

I think they owe us an apology
    No, Sanchez owes the world an apology for his putrid play. The dude sucks.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAR, I wasn't referring specifically to you.

But honestly, I think everyone needs to grow a sack. It is the internet. And cyber-bullying does not apply to grown men. I have a hard time believing anyone really got their feelings hurt b.c of someone on the internet calling them a troll or SOJF.
    None of us cried ourselves to sleep at night because we were called names. That wasn't the issue.

The endless invasion of threads that the Blind Homers felt were negative or anti-their-agenda made Jets Insider a terrible experience, ruined it all summer. If no lesson is learned this may happen again and we owe it to the community to make sure it doesn't happen again.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    sg3 cannot see this post since you are on his ignore list

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    None of us cried ourselves to sleep at night because we were called names. That wasn't the issue.

The endless invasion of threads that the Blind Homers felt were negative or anti-their-agenda made Jets Insider a terrible experience, ruined it all summer. If no lesson is learned this may happen again and we owe it to the community to make sure it doesn't happen again.

SAR I
    Fair enough.

IMO that is a moderator issue and they will do what they think is right to correct the situation, if anything. You know the posters that did that are not going to change so to even discuss it is a waste of time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You were very mean to us in July.

Say you're sorry and you won't do it again and all is forgiven and you will no longer be blacklisted, take your name right off there.

SAR I
    LOL, you're a pisser...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I HATE being right about this. I hate it. I want glory. I want 14 win seasons. I want Rex drinking champagne in February. BUT

This team is what I thought it was. The homers told us 12-4. They told us the Niners game was a speedbump. They told us Sanchez was struggling because x, y, and z. We were promised by the homers that this week was a walk in the park. Great team that lost a tight one in overtime. We were promised a lot. I think the homers owe us, me and others who they have ridiculed, called us SOJF, called us idiots (and worse) for not believing this was an amazing team.

I think they owe us an apology

Let me get this straight... you believe you are OWED an apology... from strangers on the Internet... because they were right and you were wrong... about a football team.

I don't say this lightly, but you need a life. You'll get nothing and like it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    SlickBri shall now be known as SlickWhine. Ohhhh, please apologize to me! I demand it!! I was right all along!

You should apologize to your parents for gravely disappointing them. Your father probably wanted a strapping son, and instead got... this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    SlickBri shall now be known as SlickWhine. Ohhhh, please apologize to me! I demand it!! I was right all along!

You should apologize to your parents for gravely disappointing them. Your father probably wanted a strapping son, and instead got... this.
    Bingo!

Absolutely pathetic that we have members of this fanbase thumping their chests in a thread like this.

I'm not giving up, the Giants could use a few more frontrunners though! FRAUDS!