Thread: I've had it with this team - Move it to Los Angeles and rename them

I've had it with this team - Move it to Los Angeles and rename them

I've been a Jets fan for 30 years (since I was 7 years old) and today was the first time I literally turned off a game and went and did something else. I got up at 17-0 and went to the Mall to buy some Hurricane Supplies. I've never done that before. Even in the 1-15 season.

At this point, I hope someone buys this team off of Woody and moves it to L.A. and the team is renamed something else. This way we can be rid of this cursed and wretched and woebegone franchise and we can all become Giants fans - because, let's face it - they are a much better managed organization.

The decades go by, the players change, the coaches change, owners change - but we just can NEVER get it right.

I'm a Mets fan as well and living in the shadow of a prouder, more successful team in one sport is ENOUGH FOR ME.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by PutKlecko&GastineauinHOF View Post
    I've been a Jets fan for 30 years (since I was 7 years old) and today was the first time I literally turned off a game and went and did something else. I got up at 17-0 and went to the Mall to buy some Hurricane Supplies. I've never done that before. Even in the 1-15 season.

At this point, I hope someone buys this team off of Woody and moves it to L.A. and the team is renamed something else. This way we can be rid of this cursed and wretched and woebegone franchise and we can all become Giants fans - because, let's face it - they are a much better managed organization.

The decades go by, the players change, the coaches change, owners change - but we just can NEVER get it right.

I'm a Mets fan as well and living in the shadow of a prouder, more successful team in one sport is ENOUGH FOR ME.
    Yes please. Go away. PLEASE!!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend

First off, welcome aboard.

Secondly, the Jets have just completed the best 15 year run in their history where (with a healthy starting quarterback) we've had 106 regular season wins in 11 campaigns, averaging a 10-6 record in that span, didn't have a losing record, won 7 of 14 playoff games. There are about 20 NFL teams that can't say they had that type of competitive streak, ever.

I'm not saying we should be satisfied, I'm not saying we should be happy. What I'm saying is that we had the better part of 15 years to make a move, 15 years where we weren't pathetic, and we simply couldn't get it done.

So while I'm not ready to send a big box with a "thank you" to the team, I realize that we had a lot of chances and now we go back to the dark ages until the next shot comes up. It sucks, but its how it goes. It's not like we had a 2 year spurt and blew it. We had a relatively long, long run by NFL standards and couldn't break through.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-29-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Try being a Browns fan.

Woody Johnson is as bad as Leon Hess, just in a different way. The JETS are a well orchestrated circus in WWF style with Rex as its leader. Just the way the owner wants it.........

Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post

Try being a Browns fan.
    Would you post this pathetic image more?

You haven't SPAMMED THE ENTIRE FUKIN' BOARD ENOUGH!

Veteran
    Dump this thread. Dump. Dump. Dump.

Better yet, why don't you move to LA and leave the team, here?

Jets Insider VIP
    Ban

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Ban me

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Ban

Homers and Kool Aid posters have been reduced to one sentence and one word posts. Its telling........

Good thing Rex and his defense's comments about putting hot sauce on Reggie Bush "didn't" fire up Mami, would have hate to see the beat down on our JETS if it did.....
    Last edited by copernicus; 10-29-2012 at 07:31 AM.

Hmmm... wonder what happens to PSLs in a case where the team moves?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I'm sure Woody would refund all the loyal fans being that he is all about winning and could care less about the business end of it...........

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    They get the approximate value refunded in the form of Tebow jerseys.

All Pro
    To the dump, to the dump, to the dump, dump, dump.

11 words right 'chere

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post

Try being a Browns fan.
    Try being a Generals fan...