Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Rex was a Super Nova, now he's a sparkler

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,699
    Post Thanks / Like

    Rex was a Super Nova, now he's a sparkler

    That's it folks!
    He lost the team last year & admitted to not even realizing it.
    We all wondered, "why would Ozzie Newsome who is one of the bright minds in this league pass up a guy right under his nose for a special teams coach from another organization?
    He's shot his load all over this Jets organization with his stupid proclamations & now that his defense can't deliver he's standing alone looking like a big mouthed doofus, & don't think for one second his players have his back.
    There's no crying in football & this guy has used up his crying quota already.
    Woody better cut the cord.
    The young players on this team need to see someone take the leadership role & right this sinking ship.
    Polian has one more resurrection project in him & he's a bastard.
    That's what this team needs again. No ones job should be safe on this team
    No one!

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    That's it folks!
    He lost the team last year & admitted to not even realizing it.
    We all wondered, "why would Ozzie Newsome who is one of the bright minds in this league pass up a guy right under his nose for a special teams coach from another organization?
    He's shot his load all over this Jets organization with his stupid proclamations & now that his defense can't deliver he's standing alone looking like a big mouthed doofus, & don't think for one second his players have his back.
    There's no crying in football & this guy has used up his crying quota already.
    Woody better cut the cord.
    The young players on this team need to see someone take the leadership role & right this sinking ship.
    Polian has one more resurrection project in him & he's a bastard.
    That's what this team needs again. No ones job should be safe on this team
    No one!
    This is not a defense of Rex, but for those of you clamoring for Cowher, check is seasonal record, he has similar seasons to this before winning a Super Bowl in his 14th season as coach.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    That's it folks!
    He lost the team last year & admitted to not even realizing it.
    We all wondered, "why would Ozzie Newsome who is one of the bright minds in this league pass up a guy right under his nose for a special teams coach from another organization?
    He's shot his load all over this Jets organization with his stupid proclamations & now that his defense can't deliver he's standing alone looking like a big mouthed doofus, & don't think for one second his players have his back.
    There's no crying in football & this guy has used up his crying quota already.
    Woody better cut the cord.
    The young players on this team need to see someone take the leadership role & right this sinking ship.
    Polian has one more resurrection project in him & he's a bastard.
    That's what this team needs again. No ones job should be safe on this team
    No one!
    Hard to argue any of your points except that I dont believe Woody will fire Rex. He brings a circus like WWF atmosphere that Woody's PR department absolutely welcomes. Polian? Great choice, real footbal guy, but not Woody's type. Woody loves the big brash splash and Polian is too much of a professional to get involved with a HC that acts like that. Yes my fellow JETS fans, we are in for a long future with Woody pulling the strings......

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    878
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Hard to argue any of your points except that I dont believe Woody will fire Rex. He brings a circus like WWF atmosphere that Woody's PR department absolutely welcomes. Polian? Great choice, real footbal guy, but not Woody's type. Woody loves the big brash splash and Polian is too much of a professional to get involved with a HC that acts like that. Yes my fellow JETS fans, we are in for a long future with Woody pulling the strings......
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on this one. I do think that there will be several more embarrassing performances this year and one wonders if it might force Woody to do something. Ticket/PSL sales will plummet for sure.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody who knows about stars knows that the ones that are burning the brightest are the nearest to burning out.

    Rex could not sustain that level of stardom. It is impossible.

    And the point about Ozzie Newsome is spot on. Rex wasn't ready then and he has proven Newsome right. Rex has shown little growth as a coach. The team has gotten worse every year. And the biggest sin of all if what has happened to this offense under his and Tanny's watch.

    Rex was a good DC who benefited from having a HoF talent at every level of the Raven's defense (Ngata, Lewis, Reed). Makes things easy when you have those players on your roster.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    This is not a defense of Rex, but for those of you clamoring for Cowher, check is seasonal record, he has similar seasons to this before winning a Super Bowl in his 14th season as coach.
    There was some sort of consistency with Bill Cowher. You could say he didn't win the Super Bowl until he found a franchise QB. I don't want to wait around another 14 years. I've been waiting for 30 + now.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,030
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to focus in on the GM, because I know that when he goes, the new guy will change coaches. Our coaching is one problem, but it all starts at the top with Tannenbaum.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    There was some sort of consistency with Bill Cowher. You could say he didn't win the Super Bowl until he found a franchise QB. I don't want to wait around another 14 years. I've been waiting for 30 + now.
    I hear ya, I've been a fan since '68.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,913
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny and Rex will be gone shortly and if Sanchez is uncuttable, he will be stuck to the bench in 13.

    Its going to get better folks, just not this year.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,074
    Post Thanks / Like

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on this one. I do think that there will be several more embarrassing performances this year and one wonders if it might force Woody to do something. Ticket/PSL sales will plummet for sure.
    This is the ONLY way fans can control a team they are passionate about. If ticket sales and PSL sales plummet, an owner will take stock.

    People keep clammering for the Maple Leafs to do SOMETHING that will get them a Cup...why should they? The games sell out whether the Leafs are first or last in the league. If they were to actually WIN a cup, expectations would be either high for more, or interest would wain.

    Fans need to stop going to games and rid themselves of PSL's, its the only way. Otherwise, as an owner, what do you care what product you put out as long as someone buys it?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    This is the ONLY way fans can control a team they are passionate about. If ticket sales and PSL sales plummet, an owner will take stock.

    People keep clammering for the Maple Leafs to do SOMETHING that will get them a Cup...why should they? The games sell out whether the Leafs are first or last in the league. If they were to actually WIN a cup, expectations would be either high for more, or interest would wain.

    Fans need to stop going to games and rid themselves of PSL's, its the only way. Otherwise, as an owner, what do you care what product you put out as long as someone buys it?
    I agree, the problem is that THIS owner will make moves that will generate attention and not necessarily moves that will make the team better. We see that the Tebow move was purely a PR move that did little to make this team better, and I have little faith if faced with more empty seats that this regime will do the right thing and rebuild the right way, but rather seek moves that keep them relevant in the media.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,646
    Post Thanks / Like
    That title is funny, seriously, really it is no joke. Come back in two years.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    ... Flaming pooping trio !!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us