Thread: Jet fans should just boycott remaining games

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jet fans should just boycott remaining games

That will get Woody's attention since he only cares about filling seats anyway. Posting something like this is something i never do but after being a fan since 1970 i'm not even in my right mind anymore pulling for this team....lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    unfortunately it wouldn`t matter to Woody. PSL fans are still mandated to making their payments and most of them have already paid for their tickets this season. When a fan can buy a ticket on stubhub and elsewhere for 1/3face value, they`ll go for the hell of it. Thats the problem with football season. It`s at a time where the weather isn`t what most people want as far as doing outdoor activities go, so there isn`t much else to do. People want something to do on a weekend and football is the only thing really. I guess you can go to the malls with your wives/GF`s. I`ve been boycotting Jets games for 3 years now. I rarely watch much of the games on tv and I don`t spend any money on anything Jets anymore. It`s pretty easy to do. If I can, anyone can. Just don`t give Woody any money and eventually he`ll be looking to move the team out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are going to be so many empty seats, it will be noticable by the end of the year.

December 23, vs a non-playoff SD team, when we have nothing to play for....expect about 10K for that game.

Sadly HC of the jets, with sanchez and his pouting demeanor and $17 million due in 2013, is probably the least desirable job in the NFL.

Lets hope that Tanny/Rex dont try something drastic before the trade deadline to further handicap us in future drafts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is when PSLs really rear they're ugly head.
    When fans pay real money to just buy the seat & witness that mess like they did yesterday, fan angst becomes real anger super fueled by alcohol.
    Can't believe that some crappy jag (schillens)who's already cost the jets a win vs the pats with his lousy hands & routes comments about the fans after getting their azzes at home vs one of their most hated rivals!
    Another extension of Rex & his big mouth! All of the talking again before this game & they lay a massive egg!
    It is really tough to be a fan of this team, the highs are so few & the lows have always been almost devastating.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    This is when PSLs really rear they're ugly head.
    When fans pay real money to just buy the seat & witness that mess like they did yesterday, fan angst becomes real anger super fueled by alcohol.
    Can't believe that some crappy jag (schillens)who's already cost the jets a win vs the pats with his lousy hands & routes comments about the fans after getting their azzes at home vs one of their most hated rivals!
    Another extension of Rex & his big mouth! All of the talking again before this game & they lay a massive egg!
    It is really tough to be a fan of this team, the highs are so few & the lows have always been almost devastating.
    Jetster, you are spot on. This franchise is a mess. Starting with Woody! Your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm moving on.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Well... uhm... as long as Romney will be the next president of the USA... the Jets can go to hell. I don't care." - Woody Johnson

Can't wait until he'll finally admits it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post
    That will get Woody's attention since he only cares about filling seats anyway. Posting something like this is something i never do but after being a fan since 1970 i'm not even in my right mind anymore pulling for this team....lol
    What a revolutionary idea, probably nobody's ever thought of that in the history of professional sports!

Unfortunately, the tickets are already sold to the games, so if you think that 400 people that decide to "boycott" the game are going to make some kind of difference on how the operation is run, maybe you should think again. Nobody in the Jets cares about you or your idea to get a couple dozen people to boycott the games, and they wouldn't care if a couple thousand people did either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I'm moving on.
    Teams?

How many years you been in? I ask, because I too, would like to move on, but dont know how?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    What a revolutionary idea, probably nobody's ever thought of that in the history of professional sports!

Unfortunately, the tickets are already sold to the games, so if you think that 400 people that decide to "boycott" the game are going to make some kind of difference on how the operation is run, maybe you should think again. Nobody in the Jets cares about you or your idea to get a couple dozen people to boycott the games, and they wouldn't care if a couple thousand people did either.
    Like i said jetfan16, i'm not in my right mind anymore...lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its too early bc jets hav 8 gms to play still. Something is going to happen in the 2nd half of the yr.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are all of the avatars of different NFL teams some kind of new trend or something?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    Are all of the avatars of different NFL teams some kind of new trend or something?
    No, we're just trolling.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman in indy View Post

Empty seats will sure get Woodys attention. It might be time to break out the Browns bags masks and wear them to the game LOL. I remember the signs from back in the day "WHY US LEON" lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Teams?

How many years you been in? I ask, because I too, would like to move on, but dont know how?
    I'm in 30 years ... I don't think it's possible for me to move on ...