Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Look at the Jets Roster

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalbarracuda View Post
    Idk... if the talent is there it can come from a number of places... it concerns me that Rex specifically worked these guys out, drafted them and meanwhile the D-line is a joke.

Granted we have nothing at OLB... but jesus I'd love to see some push on the pocket.

Yes, talent can come from anywhere. BUT, the odds are good players will come from the better schools in the better conferences. They have better competition. The dinky schools are not as good.
    Objectively, the Jets have so so (at best ) talent on the DLine. The LBs (in and out) are eh. Cromartie is good. The rest of the DBs - eh.
    The DL is not performing well because they aren't any good.
    The offense is a disaster. I am tired of hearing about Keller. He's a bottom tire TE. The WRs would all be #3 or 4 (if lucky) on most other teams.
    Sanchez is a bottom 5 in the league. RBs stink.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Thanks for understanding what I wrote..Did you even read how Ellis went to S. Carolina...

And now you are putting exceptions in your criteria....Like others have stated..I think you make this crap up as you go along...

And once again you are lumping your 43 years of frustration trying to make a point..

And please stop with the kool aid crap...I provide facts..You don't..Christ you don't even understand how the front office works...I've posted evidence a dozen times..

You make it sound like you are absolving Rex from this freaking mess.

Are you kidding me..Have you watched this team on Sundays and how unprepared, undisciplined his team is? That is coaching!

Wake up! This is Kotite part 2...He's a clown and needs to go...They all need to go!! Woody too if he could be fired

Ellis had a cup of coffee at SC. He was a backup, a virtual non entity. On a very so so SC team. They have improved recently.
    Hampton? Great schedule. You CAN get players from anywhere. The Jets DO NOT.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The evidence, regardless of how you and I look at it is, our drafting is inferior since 2008 . How or why is debatable but you blame player development. That is very fair and may be true. REX can't seem to evaluate young talent. Tanny , under REX, can't seem to draft players like he did in 2006 and 2007 .

The Jets have drafted ONE good player (great one actaully) from 2007 on - Revis. The rest are so so. Kerley is fine as a supporting WR.
    The rest take up space and salary. Terrible drafting.
    BTW, what is this new avatar? Disappointment should not lead to disgrace. LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Ellis had a cup of coffee at SC. He was a backup, a virtual non entity. On a very so so SC team. They have improved recently.
    Hampton? Great schedule. You CAN get players from anywhere. The Jets DO NOT.
    My point was he was recruited by big schools so he had talent..He didn't go to Hampton because he wasn't recruited by a big school.

Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Ellis was tabbed as the No. 12 defensive tackle in the country.[2] He was also recognized as the No. 23 player in the state of Florida.[3] After official visits to Rutgers, Tennessee and South Carolina, Ellis committed to the Gamecocks on January 30, 2006. He also received scholarship offers from Michigan, Michigan State, and North Carolina State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenrick_Ellis

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My point was he was recruited by big schools so he had talent..He didn't go to Hampton because he wasn't recruited by a big school.

Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Ellis was tabbed as the No. 12 defensive tackle in the country.[2] He was also recognized as the No. 23 player in the state of Florida.[3] After official visits to Rutgers, Tennessee and South Carolina, Ellis committed to the Gamecocks on January 30, 2006. He also received scholarship offers from Michigan, Michigan State, and North Carolina State.

C Mart u are a good guy so i'm going to give u a piece of advice. Do with it what u will.

Sometimes, read the post a few times and then decide if it's worth your time to respond. Some of these folks are aggitators.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Schools have 80+ scholarships. They need bodies. They take chances too. But with 100 man rosters they have a margin for error.
    I live in SC, I remember Spurrier dumping this guy. It takes a lot for Spurrier to get rid of someone. And NEVER if he's good. He was not good.
    He IS not good now either. Nor is Wilkerson or Coples or Devito. You can put them in but get little return. The proof of my statement is the result.
    My kids all got scholarships. They were pretty good. Not good enough for the next level.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    C Mart u are a good guy so i'm going to give u a piece of advice. Do with it what u will.

Sometimes, read the post a few times and then decide if it's worth your time to respond. Some of these folks are aggitators.
    Tinstar, thanks! Good point..Can you PM the list to make sure mine is completely updated

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Schools have 80+ scholarships. They need bodies. They take chances too. But with 100 man rosters they have a margin for error.
    I live in SC, I remember Spurrier dumping this guy. It takes a lot for Spurrier to get rid of someone. And NEVER if he's good. He was not good.
    He IS not good now either. Nor is Wilkerson or Coples or Devito. You can put them in but get little return. The proof of my statement is the result.
    My kids all got scholarships. They were pretty good. Not good enough for the next level.
    Ellis got dumped because he committed a terrible assault. The reason he got drafted where he was, is due to the same crime. For where he was picked- he is a solid choice.

Devito is a solid rotational guy that was a UDFA any UDFA that makes a roster and is part of a rotation is a home run. ( I would love to have Devito as the pats 8th delinman.)

Coples is being played out of position in a 3-4.

Wilkenson is solid, nothing great but certainly a contributing teammate.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Ellis got dumped because he committed a terrible assault. The reason he got drafted where he was, is due to the same crime. For where he was picked- he is a solid choice.

Devito is a solid rotational guy that was a UDFA any UDFA that makes a roster and is part of a rotation is a home run. ( I would love to have Devito as the pats 8th delinman.)

Coples is being played out of position in a 3-4.

Wilkenson is solid, nothing great but certainly a contributing teammate.
    Steven Garcia got arrested 5 times at USC. Spurrier kept him.
    Ellis's assault was at Hampton. If Ellis was good he would have been kept.
    Devito is on the team. He is a spot player. 8th - fine.
    Coples was lazy at UNC. Hasn't done much here either. Out of position? Then why was he drafted? He's a 4-3 guy.
    Wilkerson. Contributing? A 1st rounder should make an impact.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have drafted ONE good player (great one actaully) from 2007 on - Revis. The rest are so so. Kerley is fine as a supporting WR.
    The rest take up space and salary. Terrible drafting.
    BTW, what is this new avatar? Disappointment should not lead to disgrace. LOL
    Bunch of guys on the Hampur strip have done it..thought I would for a week or so. Show my disgust with the team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

You insist on referring to these "draft guides" and such. If we use the draft guides, we may as well draft like fantasy football. Whoever Mel Kiper has as next ..we take.

You are without question better at this than me BUT there has to be more to it. PROOF is in front of all of us. Teams that win SB's draft well. We dont. We trade picks away, bring in aging vets.

A TRUE winning team needs 3 things amongs others but MUST have 3 things.

Excellent GM
    Excellent HC
    Excellent QB.

We have none... but to defend our FO because their picks are rated in Rivals.com or by Mel Kiper is just naive.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tinstar, thanks! Good point..Can you PM the list to make sure mine is completely updated
    No List, you just know and even when driven to respond, u don't.

I have only 1 person on my ignore list.

Patsfantex

Even he sometimes makes good points.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You insist on referring to these "draft guides" and such. If we use the draft guides, we may as well draft like fantasy football. Whoever Mel Kiper has as next ..we take.

You are without question better at this than me BUT there has to be more to it. PROOF is in front of all of us. Teams that win SB's draft well. We dont. We trade picks away, bring in aging vets.

A TRUE winning team needs 3 things amongs others but MUST have 3 things.

Excellent GM
    Excellent HC
    Excellent QB.

We have none... but to defend our FO because their picks are rated in Rivals.com or by Mel Kiper is just naive.
    I used it to show he was recruited by a number of big schools. Like I said, he didn't go to Hampton because he didn't have offers from Div 1 majors. Sorry if you didn't understand that.

And when I use pre-draft reports I primarily use Gil Brandt, Mayock, PFW and our own Tony Pauline.

I'm not defending the FO...I have said everyone needs to go! And if Woody could be fired, he should go too!!

And I'll end with this forever with you..Drafting a player is just the beginning of a NFL players career/performance. Coaching and development takes over from there. Sorry for all those that don't understand that.

Please go back to defending Rex as a HC. Talk about naive..Enjoy the incompetence.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used it to show he was recruited by a number of big schools. Like I said, he didn't go to Hampton because he didn't have offers from Div 1 majors. Sorry if you didn't understand that.

Please go back to defending Rex as a HC. Talk about naive..Enjoy the incompetence.
    Im not referring to any ONE player, I am referring to a body of work from 2008 to present. Although, 2012 may turn out to be average which will be a positive for this team.

REX........Im off that bandwagon my friend. Rex will be a DC somewhere.... You and I , I believe are totally united that they all need to go.

Not sure how old you are but last time I remember a total house cleaning after the fans revolted...we brought in Coslett and Steinberg.

That was an awful period.