Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 10/29

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Tweets & Info 10/29

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan says the Jets took "a big step back" by losing to the Dolphins yesterday. #nyj

Rex on if Tebow is frustrated with his role: "Any competitor wants to get on the field... it wouldn't be shocking if that's how he felt."

Rex: "I think Mark gives us the best chance to win.... In my opinion, Mark gives my football team the best chance to win." #nyj

Rex: "At times, Mark looked pretty good. when he had time to set feet, he was fairly accurate with the football.... I think Mark's our guy"

Rex Ryan: I think we have enough talent." Doesn't know why sharp practices aren't translating to gamedays. #nyj

Rex Ryan: "Offensively, the problems aren't one man." #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Ryan: "We have no wiggle room. We have to play a ton better. If we don't play better, you can forget about everything." #nyj

Rex on Tebow: "We'll take a hard look at how we're using him." ... and look if they can't use him better/more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex on looking at using Tebow more during bye week: "I think we'll take a hard look at how we're using (Tebow)."

I thought the knew how to use him...That's the BS they have been spewing to us since trading for him..........

Tebow was ALL Woody. Period!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    Rex Ryan said he will listen to all ideas. "Is it a little change? Is it a radical change? Iím up for anything. We have to get better."

Rex Ryan looking for input from all coaches: "Is it a little change? Is it a radical change? I'm up for any suggestion."

I thought he did this after the 49ers game???? He's clueless as a HC

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rex: "I think Mark gives us the best chance to win.... In my opinion, Mark gives my football team the best chance to win." #nyj

Rex: "At times, Mark looked pretty good. when he had time to set feet, he was fairly accurate with the football.... I think Mark's our guy"

Rex on Tebow: "We'll take a hard look at how we're using him." ... and look if they can't use him better/more.
    I can't hear it anymore. That's what Rex and Tony are saying after EVERY game => Find something out. Looking how to use Tebow better. Mark's our guy. bla bla ada yada

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex on the defense: "I think we're getting better."

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    Rex on #Jets defense: "I think we're getting better. It's not where we want to be."

With 8 1st round picks, a 2nd and 3 3rds you should have the best D in the league.......
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

... This is why you fail ... - yoda

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex on looking at using Tebow more during bye week: "I think we'll take a hard look at how we're using (Tebow)."

I thought the knew how to use him...That's the BS they have been spewing to us since trading for him..........

Tebow was ALL Woody. Period!
    Exactly. But here's a bit of poetic justice for both Woody and Tebow: Neither saw that the Jet ineptitude (SOJ curse?) would, essentially, kill "Tebow-Mania". (Only the Jets, folks. Right?) Hiring an under-qualified dunce like Sparano to design/effect the offense has rendered Tebow as an ineffectual bit role player. The talk/buzz about Tebow is virtually non-existent, and I'm sure Tebow gear isn't moving off the shelves.

Good. Let both Woody and Tebow suffer for their vanity and greed. Hey, Woody, you choked...again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex said by the time the team gets back from Seattle, Eric Smith, Bart Scott, Powell and Kenrick Ellis should be healthy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex said they will look at making changes among the starters.

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Rex Ryan said the #Jets will consider making changes among starting lineup. Sanchez, however, remains starting QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Exactly. But here's a bit of poetic justice for both Woody and Tebow: Neither saw that the Jet ineptitude (SOJ curse?) would, essentially, kill "Tebow-Mania". (Only the Jets, folks. Right?) Hiring an under-qualified dunce like Sparano to design/effect the offense has rendered Tebow as an ineffectual bit role player. The talk/buzz about Tebow is virtually non-existent, and I'm sure Tebow gear isn't moving off the shelves.

Good. Let both Woody and Tebow suffer for their vanity and greed. Hey, Woody, you choked...again.
    I agree with this post except for the part about any of this being Tebow's FAULT ... The guy is just trying to play the game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I agree with this post except for the part about any of this being Tebow's FAULT ... The guy is just trying to play the game.
    I fault Tebow for taking the gig here because of the media exposure and ability to sell his "brand" in the NY Metro Area. He could have worked out a deal with a smaller market team, which would have guaranteed him a greater amount of playing time.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fault Tebow for taking the gig here because of the media exposure and ability to sell his "brand" in the NY Metro Area. He could have worked out a deal with a smaller market team, which would have guaranteed him a greater amount of playing time.
    Dude ... He was traded.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude ... He was traded.
    I understand that. You know that Tebow's agent could have let Woody/Tanny know that he would not play for the Jets, especially since Sanchez was the franchise's "anointed one".

IMO, Just as he did with Orton, Tebow jumped at the opportunity here so he could pull another move to usurp the starter and make a bigger name for himself. What he failed to realize was the power of the nearly-half-century-long SOJ curse. Now, Tebow-Mania is a sputtering joke, for which I am glad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that. You know that Tebow's agent could have let Woody/Tanny know that he would not play for the Jets, especially since Sanchez was the franchise's "anointed one".

IMO, Just as he did with Orton, Tebow jumped at the opportunity here so he could pull another move to usurp the starter and make a bigger name for himself. What he failed to realize was the power of the nearly-half-century-long SOJ curse. Now, Tebow-Mania is a sputtering joke, for which I am glad.
    We'll ...I can't blame a guy for looking for a place to become a starter .. I can however, sympathize with your sentiment.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll ...I can't blame a guy for looking for a place to become a starter .. I can however, sympathize with your sentiment.
    Me, too. I respect you and your opinion.

I just think the entire Tebow signing was misguided by all sides: Woody, Tebow, Tebow's agent. Some day, Sanchez will finally admit that bringing in Tebow damaged his psyche and ability--as well as had him dealing with the pressure of always looking over his shoulder--to play the QB position this season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me, too. I respect you and your opinion.

I just think the entire Tebow signing was misguided by all sides: Woody, Tebow, Tebow's agent. Some day, Sanchez will finally admit that bringing in Tebow damaged his psyche and ability--as well as had him dealing with the pressure of always looking over his shoulder--to play the QB position this season.
    I agree ... But bringing in Matt Flynn would have had the same exact effect on Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree ... But bringing in Matt Flynn would have had the same exact effect on Sanchez.
    No doubt. We have now come to know that Sanchez is easily damaged emotionally. In the old days, we might have referred to Mark as a "Candy A$$". Instead of elevating his playing level, Sanchez sulks and goes into the tank.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark Sanchez gives us the best chance to lose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Bravo my friend, great post