Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 10/29

All Pro
    Rex is planning to go down with the sinking ship that is Sanchez I don't agree with it.. But I respect it

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez will finally admit that bringing in Tebow damaged his psyche and ability--as well as had him dealing with the pressure of always looking over his shoulder--to play the QB position this season.
    Yes, we would be 6-2 and Mark would be in the running for mvp if tebow wasnt here. Oh god why did we bring tebow in? WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan says the Jets took "a big step back" by losing to the Dolphins yesterday. #nyj

Rex on if Tebow is frustrated with his role: "Any competitor wants to get on the field... it wouldn't be shocking if that's how he felt."

Rex: "I think Mark gives us the best chance to win.... In my opinion, Mark gives my football team the best chance to win." #nyj

Rex: "At times, Mark looked pretty good. when he had time to set feet, he was fairly accurate with the football.... I think Mark's our guy"

Rex Ryan: I think we have enough talent." Doesn't know why sharp practices aren't translating to gamedays. #nyj

Rex Ryan: "Offensively, the problems aren't one man." #nyj
    Lather, Rinse, Repeat!

I'm tired of hearing the same excuses every week. The Jets have lost 4 out of their last 5 games and 8 out of their last 11. At least bench Sanchez for a game and make him think about losing his job. Rex's loyalty to his players is going to cost him his job. He doesn't see an inept quarterback and a slow and aging defense like everyone else does. Enough is Enough!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I understand that. You know that Tebow's agent could have let Woody/Tanny know that he would not play for the Jets, especially since Sanchez was the franchise's "anointed one".

IMO, Just as he did with Orton, Tebow jumped at the opportunity here so he could pull another move to usurp the starter and make a bigger name for himself. What he failed to realize was the power of the nearly-half-century-long SOJ curse. Now, Tebow-Mania is a sputtering joke, for which I am glad.
    and make no mistake...MARK my words. History will be re-written that the JETS ruined Tebow. NOT his "below average skill set. THE JETS ruined this Heisman winner.

I feel bad for Tebow but when know one wants you.... you go to the dance with the fat, ugly chick.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    Lather, Rinse, Repeat!

I'm tired of hearing the same excuses every week. The Jets have lost 4 out of their last 5 games and 8 out of their last 11. At least bench Sanchez for a game and make him think about losing his job. Rex's loyalty to his players is going to cost him his job. He doesn't see an inept quarterback and a slow and aging defense like everyone else does. Enough is Enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Rex is planning to go down with the sinking ship that is Sanchez I don't agree with it.. But I respect it
    ****ing Zulu

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    There's something to be said for loyalty, but I think what you have here is a stubborn man who refuses to see the error in his ways and/or is incapable of lateral thinking.

Rex is the kind of guy who is convinced to win football games his way. The game today needs coaches who can bring innovation but also recognize when the path is the wrong one. Look how many times the Pats have changed their approach to football (on offense and defense) during the Brady era. That comes from the top down.

Here in NY, it's been the same approach for the past four seasons. And Rex's un-ending faith in Sanchez is a perfect example of why things will not get better with him at the helm.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSJets
    Rex Ryan said he will listen to all ideas. "Is it a little change? Is it a radical change? Iím up for anything. We have to get better."

Rex Ryan looking for input from all coaches: "Is it a little change? Is it a radical change? I'm up for any suggestion."

I thought he did this after the 49ers game???? He's clueless as a HC
    Time for Rex to go. No doubt about it. He's completely lost the ability to lead.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex said they will look at making changes among the starters.

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Rex Ryan said the #Jets will consider making changes among starting lineup. Sanchez, however, remains starting QB.
    Deck chairs. Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Time for Rex to go. No doubt about it. He's completely lost the ability to lead.
    +1000

Lets demote Rex to DC, hire Chad Pennington to coach the offense, and hire the Tuna to coach for 2 years!

Tebow

Come on folks, let's attempt to be fair in an unfair situation.

Obviously Rex, Sparano and team know that Tebow is not the answer at quarterback. The reps at practice and time in the film room obviously have them convinced that the guy cannot throw. Why in the world would they continue to use him as a decoy, punt protector, faux tight end, and water boy?

No matter how much Mark struggles, they refuse to put Tim in? Perhaps this is Rex digging his cleats in the ground to say that the groceries he has on this team (THANK YOU TANNENBAUM) are not enough to feed anyone. This experiement has failed miserably and cost us 7 points yesterday. Kudos to the Miami coaching staff for exposing the guy, and expect every opposing coach to study ways to continue to take advantage of a guy who should not be in those positions.

If Tim Tebow is on the field in an offensive set in any other manner than as a QB, it is a waste of a position because you know he is a DECOY!!!! He isn't even a THREAT!! It's a joke, a slap in the face of the NFL, and soft football. No other team has won anything with these garbage trick plays, and neither will we.

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 11:29 AM on Mon, Oct 29, 2012:
    Sione Po'uha says he had no structural damage in back. However, I'm told he recently got injections that required adequate time to rest/heal

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 11:35 AM on Mon, Oct 29, 2012:
    Sanchez has been far from perfect, but as 1 high level member of Jets organization told me, a lot of pieces around him are "garbage" #nyj

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 0:21 PM on Mon, Oct 29, 2012:
    Mark Sanchez has his fair share of flaws, but let's be honest: Look at the pass catching options at his disposal. Subpar, to say least #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 11:35 AM on Mon, Oct 29, 2012:
    Sanchez has been far from perfect, but as 1 high level member of Jets organization told me, a lot of pieces around him are "garbage" #nyj
    Who could that be? If anyone. Can't put making sh*t up past Manish.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Lets demote Rex to DC, hire Chad Pennington to coach the offense, and hire the Tuna to coach for 2 years!
    Although 100% unrealistic, that's not a bad idea. lol

Parcells is a true Head Coach. Rex can have a long, successful coaching career...as a Defensive Coordinator. Pennington is a walking brain with a chronically busted wing....I think he could be a good coach...somewhere....someday.

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 0:35 PM on Mon, Oct 29, 2012:
    Tebow had choice between Jags & Jets in offseason. JAX coaches didn't want him + he felt Sanchez's inconsistency gave him clearer path. #nyj

Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 0:37 PM on Mon, Oct 29, 2012:
    #jets look to avoid locker room rift amid losing skid: http://t.co/0RLjPVMH

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex on the defense: "I think we're getting better."

Rex on #Jets defense: "I think we're getting better. It's not where we want to be."

With 8 1st round picks, a 2nd and 3 3rds you should have the best D in the league.......
    Sounds exactly like the Pres on the economy.

Greg Aiello (@gregaiello) tweeted at 0:49 PM on Mon, Oct 29, 2012:
    NFL clubs were just informed trading deadline is being moved from Tues to Thurs 4 pm ET...same 4 start of waivers for vested vets. #sandy

Rex Ryan said he will listen to all ideas. "Is it a little change? Is it a radical change? Iím up for anything. We have to get better."

Rex Ryan looking for input from all coaches: "Is it a little change? Is it a radical change? I'm up for any suggestion."

I thought he did this after the 49ers game???? He's clueless as a HC

This is like something from The office. He is out of ideas and just throwing it out to his even more clueless coaches. The emperor has no clothes, time to get him out

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex on the defense: "I think we're getting better."

Rex on #Jets defense: "I think we're getting better. It's not where we want to be."

With 8 1st round picks, a 2nd and 3 3rds you should have the best D in the league.......
    People don't understand this but you do!!! Indeed the defense was closer some weeks to last than the best....

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    This is like something from The office. He is out of ideas and just throwing it out to his even more clueless coaches. The emperor has no clothes, time to get him out
    Remember when Rex was hired? After informing him of his hiring as HC of the NYJ, his father, Buddy, told him "not to screw up the job with his old team". Guess what? He did.