Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez cap #

Sanchez cap #

Not looking for debates, just numbers. What is Sanchez' cap # for next year? How much do the Jets have to pay/does he count against the cap him if he's on the bench in 2013?

How much do the Jets have to pay him/does he count against the cap if they cut/trade him before 2013?

Again, just curious to know the exact numbers. I know it's a lot.

I believe its $17 million

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Man I wish I could get 17 million for being the worst at what I do.

Jets Insider VIP
    you are

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    12.85 million if on the roster

17 million in dead money if cut and a hit of 4.5 million to the actual cap.

I could be wrong here, but when he redid his contract didn't the Jets have an out right cut clause that they could use to dump him for a flat 4 million?

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    I could be wrong here, but when he redid his contract didn't the Jets have an out right cut clause that they could use to dump him for a flat 4 million?
    Last edited by Dunnie; 10-29-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Because they stupidly redid his deal this year he is $12,853,125 next year. To cut him is $17,153,125. Trading him is the only way we actually save money. He could be a BU for some team but they would have to take his base salary which is like 8.25 mil. That is fully guaranteed it seems. If we can somehow move that we'd be OK. Sadly that will not be easy but it has been done.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    That is in 2014. They would save 8.5 million in cap space, but have to pay him 4 million in dead money.

Jets Insider VIP
    There was no need to extend him, but tanny goes ahead and does it. Can anyone give an explaination after how after he sucked down the stretch last year, its was necessary to extend him.

and do not give me the "his feelings were hurt becasue of the peyton manning" crap. That cant be the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    There was no need to extend him, but tanny goes ahead and does it. Can anyone give an explaination after how after he sucked down the stretch last year, its was necessary to extend him.

and do not give me the "his feelings were hurt becasue of the peyton manning" crap. That cant be the answer.
    They saved money on last year's cap. Typical Tanny credit card move.

I still think they just bite the bullet and bench him and play someone else. It shouldn't be about some stupid waiting game. It should be about finding out our future. Play McElroy and see what he's got.

Let Sanchez sit until it's the best time to cut him outright. Right now, he's killing the team and there is an overwhelming feeling of disgust toward Sanchez amongst Jets fans.

I honestly think, benching Sanchez would addition by subtraction. We'd be better off with ANY QB other than Sanchez. At least that would give the fans hope. Something to root for. Right now, they are waiting and expecting bad things because Sanchez is the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    They saved money on last year's cap. Typical Tanny credit card move.
    He saved like 5 mil in space this year with the extension. Sadly that will be out carry over. So all he did was make it harder to cut Mark next year. Had he just cut Smith and Hunter to start the year there would have been no need to restructure Mark. I just don't get it those seemed like logical GM moves. Heck even cutting Devito would have been a more logical option to save money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Because they stupidly redid his deal this year he is $12,853,125 next year. To cut him is $17,153,125. Trading him is the only way we actually save money. He could be a BU for some team but they would have to take his base salary which is like 8.25 mil. That is fully guaranteed it seems. If we can somehow move that we'd be OK. Sadly that will not be easy but it has been done.
    Thanks. Didn't realize he's actually cheaper to keep than to cut. Do you have any links to explain the cap situation for his extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfootballguy View Post
    Thanks. Didn't realize he's actually cheaper to keep than to cut. Do you have any links to explain the cap situation for his extension?
    http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html

Our cap page works good IMO. There is no easy answers to some contracts though

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Whoever wins the election next week ought to name Sanchez's agent as the new budget director. To be able to construct a contract like that is nothing short of genius. Wow

Hall Of Fame
    Just another reason why Tanny needs to be fired.

I don't blame him for the Holmes contract. We needed to sign Holmes. Maybe we overpaid but that happens in FA.

BUT.

Brick - bad contract, and he restructured him after a year of regression.
    Harris - Now looking like atrocious contract. He was a good player but in no way deserved to be the highest paid at his position.
    Scott - the restructuring was an awful decision. Chasing Aso.
    Sanchez - Contract is mostly fluff but we committed to a regressing QB for 2 more yrs (2012 and 2013).

The restructured contracts basically robbed Peter to pay Paul. Mortgaged the future. The future is now.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 10-29-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I still think they just bite the bullet and bench him and play someone else. It shouldn't be about some stupid waiting game. It should be about finding out our future. Play McElroy and see what he's got.

Let Sanchez sit until it's the best time to cut him outright. Right now, he's killing the team and there is an overwhelming feeling of disgust toward Sanchez amongst Jets fans.

I honestly think, benching Sanchez would addition by subtraction. We'd be better off with ANY QB other than Sanchez. At least that would give the fans hope. Something to root for. Right now, they are waiting and expecting bad things because Sanchez is the QB.
    Here lies the problem. The Jets are financially vested in Sanchez for another season. Getting rid of him prior to 2014 is pretty much impossible, as I dont think the Jets would take that kind of financial hit. Finding a trading partner that would take on his salary is virtually impossible as well.

So what are the Jets options? Tebow or McElroy? We know the owner is going to go for the move that keeps the Jets relevant in the media and with hopes to fill seats. Seeing that Sanchez is still going to be on this team next year, I think it will be hard for Rex to move on. Rex hasnt really shown that he moves on from players that are not performing up to standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post

That was the answer, just like how the Dolphins gave Sparano a 2 year deal after going after other coaching candidates. The Jets have bent over ass backwards and coddled their Qb from day one.