Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sanchez cap #

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    I know this opinion is in the minority, however I am not willing to just part with Sanchez, yet. He deserves the opportunity to continue his career as a Jet, and has demonstrated that he can get the job done. While everyone is praising Matty Ice all season, he certainly doesn't show up when it counts -- playoffs.

Surround Mark with some weapons on offense. Furthermore, since Rex clearly is not interested in managing the offense, bring in some competent offensive coaches from teams like New Orleans to help develop Mark. Sorry, nothing against Sparano but I have zero confidence in his abilities as an offensive guru.

No need to reinvent the wheel. Many of these issues can be resolved by a different approach. Ditch the ground and pound philosophy and let's begin drafting some playmakers that can stretch the field on offense. Starting with this draft, focus in on the offense. A big time wide receiver to add to Holmes, Kerly and Keller will do wonders for this offense. Add a running back in free agency (Rice or MDJ) and solidify the offensive line and the Jets are just fine. IMO, the only thing on defense that needs to be addressed is LB position.
    Sanchez has never demonstrated he could get the job done consistently for a full 16 regular season games. His stats have always paned out to be one of the worst in the league. It's one thing if his stats were average and they won games with him. No its always a 70 something QB rating, 50 something completion percentage, a 6.4 avg and then sprinkle in the common bone headed mistakes we have all come to love Mark for. He has played enough games to know what he is. A horrid QB who can mask himself as an average QB if given an all pro team around him.

SORRY NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Sanchez has never demonstrated he could get the job done consistently for a full 16 regular season games. His stats have always paned out to be one of the worst in the league. It's one thing if his stats were average and they won games with him. No its always a 70 something QB rating, 50 something completion percentage, a 6.4 avg and then sprinkle in the common bone headed mistakes we have all come to love Mark for. He has played enough games to know what he is. A horrid QB who can mask himself as an average QB if given an all pro team around him.

SORRY NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We know where you stand. The stats mean jack sh!t as far as I am concerned. the only stat that matters is W & L, especially when it matters most the playoffs.

Take your head out of the sand. Yes, at time Sanchez looks awful. However, to be fair, at times he looks damn good. Funny how you forget his regular season come-from-behind performances? Sanchez isn't working with much. I know you have a difficult time objectively evaluating his performance but that doesn;t change facts.

Now if the Jets surround him with talent on offense equivalent to top offenses just as Rex's defenses are always being retooled through the draft or free agency, and Sanchez still doesn't perform then I will agree with you that it is time to move in another direction. IMO, now is not that time given what Sanchez has to work with and the fact that he has won in this league already -- more so than Alex Smith, Matty Ice, etc.

As great as peyton manning is, if he was the Jets starter with his post season record, many on this site, including you, would be screaming for Sanchez arguing that "at least he is a big time QB when it counts unlike the greatest regular season QB in history."

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    We know where you stand. The stats mean jack sh!t as far as I am concerned. the only stat that matters is W & L, especially when it matters most the playoffs.

Take your head out of the sand. Yes, at time Sanchez looks awful. However, to be fair, at times he looks damn good. Funny how you forget his regular season come-from-behind performances? Sanchez isn't working with much. I know you have a difficult time objectively evaluating his performance but that doesn;t change facts.

Now if the Jets surround him with talent on offense equivalent to top offenses just as Rex's defenses are always being retooled through the draft or free agency, and Sanchez still doesn't perform then I will agree with you that it is time to move in another direction. IMO, now is not that time given what Sanchez has to work with and the fact that he has won in this league already -- more so than Alex Smith, Matty Ice, etc.

As great as peyton manning is, if he was the Jets starter with his post season record, many on this site, including you, would be screaming for Sanchez arguing that "at least he is a big time QB when it counts unlike the greatest regular season QB in history."
    Well lucky for you Mark will be the starter for as long as Rex is the Head coach. No matter how awful he plays there will come Rex giving the same excuses you give. Add to the fact Woody will not fire Rex I have come to the realization Mark will be my QB for a long long time......

My fellow new Mark detractors who have finally come over to the light don't yet get it but they will. They think oh Mark is playing terrible he is obviously a bad QB so we will be going in a new direction so lets now start speculating on where to go to next. No no no my fellow Mark realists if it was only that easy. I have been in your boat for a lot longer than you have and take it from someone with experience. knowing Mark is awful doesn't mean jack ****. He will be hear to haunt your Jets dreams and there is no horrific game that will change it.

So Mark Sanchez apologist no matter how illogical your diminishing breed is in the end you win and we lose. Mark is here and he is here to stay.