Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New QB

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What team are you speaking of? This jets team will not be the same team next year. There are 20 FA on this team and 12 of them are starters. If you could guess and name more than 1/2 of the top 30 players on the 2013 roster I will be very impressed.
    This is true. But a lot of that turnover will be addition by subtraction:

Pace & Scott are big contracts off the books. No loss with either.
    Slauson, Greene, Thomas, Devito, Bell - kick rocks. These guys are immediately replaceable.
    The loss of Moore is a hit in pass pro, but his run blocking has seriously deteriorated.
    Landry & Keller re-signed.

Not sure which two starters I'm missing, but I can't see how the Jets miss any of these players, with the possible exception of Moore.

Top 15 players next year are:

Revis, Cro, Mangold, D'Brick, Holmes, Kerley (or Hill), Wilk, Coples, Pouha, Harris, D. Davis, Keller*, Landry* ...plus Malone and Folk

I can't see how the Jets can't find room for a solid vet QB (provided one is available) and plug remaining holes with mid-level FAs. As long as Landry and Keller are re-signed, they aren't losing anyone who is playing above mid-level performance today. Should McKnight or Powell emerge as a potential starter over the second half of the season, the glaring holes are at QB, G and LB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holmes is less than **** ... Your retort failed with his inclusion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Holmes is less than **** ... Your retort failed with his inclusion.
    I think he's a steaming pile as a person also. But as a player, he'll do. He ate up the Dolphin secondary single-handedly in his last full game, let's not forget that. With the right QB he catches 12 passes in that game.

If Hill makes big strides in the offseason, the Jets are solid at the top-3 receiver positions. Just need somebody who can hit them when they're open.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

Slauson, Greene, Thomas, Devito, Bell - kick rocks. These guys are immediately replaceable.
    The loss of Moore is a hit in pass pro, but his run blocking has seriously deteriorated.

Not sure which two starters I'm missing, but I can't see how the Jets miss any of these players, with the possible exception of Moore.

Revis, Cro, Mangold, D'Brick, Holmes, Kerley (or Hill), Wilk, Coples, Pouha, Harris, D. Davis, Keller*, Landry* ...plus Malone and Folk

I can't see how the Jets can't find room for a solid vet QB (provided one is available) and plug remaining holes with mid-level FAs. As long as Landry and Keller are re-signed, they aren't losing anyone who is playing above mid-level performance today. Should McKnight or Powell emerge as a potential starter over the second half of the season, the glaring holes are at QB, G and LB.
    It was a mistake to trade up into the 1st round for a 1 dimentional TE.It would further compound said mistake to reup said TE with the type of contract he wants. The Jets need to learn from the David Harris, Calvin Pace Santonio Holmes and countless other mistakes they have made.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    It was a mistake to trade up into the 1st round for a 1 dimentional TE.It would further compound said mistake to reup said TE with the type of contract he wants. The Jets need to learn from the David Harris, Calvin Pace Santonio Holmes and countless other mistakes they have made.
    Understand the thinking, but you can't rule out Keller re-signing until you know what kind of $$ he's looking for. He's not a record-setter like Graham or Gronk, so he can't expect to break the bank in the same fashion.

Also, if the majority of fans are acknowledging Sanchez's short-comings as a QB, can we really discount the impact that Keller can make with the right man under center? He caught 48 passes from Favre as a rookie...and he wasn't even the starter. If he can catch 65 from Sanchez, who's to say he isn't an 80-reception guy with a legit #1?

One-dimensional or not, I don't think you can just let an 70/80-catch player walk if in the same breath you're hoping to replace the starting QB ASAP.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    my pick would be colin klein kansas state

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are so cute thinking you can get rid of Sanchez so easily. What we really should be talking about is how many years his next contract will be. I figure another 3 years 15 mill per what do you guys think?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The Jets should use 1 of their 7 picks on a qb every single year until they find the right guy.
    That was pretty much the philosophy of Bill Walsh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    No to re-up especially if Cumberland keeps developing. He has some growing pains but even his blocking has improved trememndously. Killer-Keller is trade bait if w edo re-up the guy. He has also hurt us with several drops in the red zone.

The biggest mistake we have made in TANNYBUM followed by REX and then Suckchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    With the exception of a couple of years of, i forget his name, now with the Raiders, tell ne what USC QB has been anything resembling good? Zip! Until one comes out that is successful, I never want another USC QB on this team.
    How Carson Palmer and other USC QB's have fared in the NFL is completely IRRELEVANT to our situation. It's absurd to think anything otherwise. It's not like the two are related or something.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    my pick would be colin klein kansas state
    He's not a real QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    You guys are so cute thinking you can get rid of Sanchez so easily. What we really should be talking about is how many years his next contract will be. I figure another 3 years 15 mill per what do you guys think?
    Oh STFU.

It will be 3 years 12 mill.

Seriously, I want them all gone(Rex, Tanny, Mark)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post

keller, landry and Folk are FA, and most jet fans are beliving Pouha will be cut to free up almost 4mill in cap space, So I am thinking you have to come up with 4 more.