Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Conor Orr: Mangold & Pouha Speak to Reporters Today

  1. #1

    Conor Orr: Mangold & Pouha Speak to Reporters Today

    Nick Mangold and Sione Po'uha joined writers for a conference call this morning to kick off the bye week. Po'uha had already seen the game film and Mangold had it cued up and ready to watch once he got his storm preparation squared away.

    They were still hazy on the game details, but one thing they were sure of was supporting Mark Sanchez, who they both watched take a chorus of boos yesterday, as well as chants for backup Tim Tebow.

    "It's kind of difficult, especially when you're dealing with an offense that hasn't been doing much at any position. You can't just plug somebody in and all of a sudden it's going to be a magic formula," Mangold said.

    He added: "I was here for the Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens thing and that whole business. It kind of comes with the territory. When you put out a performance like we did, you kind of expect it.

    Mangold said it's frustrating only because he felt the players had done a good job controlling the attention that Tebow gets to this point, but the louder the chants get, the more the players will be asked about it.

    "I don't know if it's a distraction but it gives us questions to answer," Mangold said. "We gotta play better, and I think if we play better as an offense that kind of quiets down a little bit. That's kind of the nature of having Tim around, he's got quite the following. I think that's a great thing he's got going for him but at the end of the day, we have to do better as an offense on the field."

    Po'uha said without hesitation that Sanchez still has the confidence of his players in the locker room.

    "I believe in Mark just as much as he believes in me being a nose tackle," Po'uha said of Sanchez.

    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...old_put_t.html

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Nick Mangold and Sione Po'uha joined writers for a conference call this morning to kick off the bye week. Po'uha had already seen the game film and Mangold had it cued up and ready to watch once he got his storm preparation squared away.

    They were still hazy on the game details, but one thing they were sure of was supporting Mark Sanchez, who they both watched take a chorus of boos yesterday, as well as chants for backup Tim Tebow.

    "It's kind of difficult, especially when you're dealing with an offense that hasn't been doing much at any position. You can't just plug somebody in and all of a sudden it's going to be a magic formula," Mangold said.

    He added: "I was here for the Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens thing and that whole business. It kind of comes with the territory. When you put out a performance like we did, you kind of expect it.

    Mangold said it's frustrating only because he felt the players had done a good job controlling the attention that Tebow gets to this point, but the louder the chants get, the more the players will be asked about it.

    "I don't know if it's a distraction but it gives us questions to answer," Mangold said. "We gotta play better, and I think if we play better as an offense that kind of quiets down a little bit. That's kind of the nature of having Tim around, he's got quite the following. I think that's a great thing he's got going for him but at the end of the day, we have to do better as an offense on the field."

    Po'uha said without hesitation that Sanchez still has the confidence of his players in the locker room.

    "I believe in Mark just as much as he believes in me being a nose tackle," Po'uha said of Sanchez.

    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...old_put_t.html
    What?
    Yea, I'm sure Sanchez gives a f*ck about the starting nose tackle on the defense.
    Every player should be talking about WHAT THEY CAN DO FOR THE JETS!
    Not WHAT THE JETS CAN DO FOR THEM!
    JFK

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,470
    Mangold is a company man and extremely tight with Sanchez. He's the guy they trot out when they want management's talking points delivered by a player.

    He is a lot of things, but voice of the team is not one of them.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Mangold is a company man and extremely tight with Sanchez. He's the guy they trot out when they want management's talking points delivered by a player.

    He is a lot of things, but voice of the team is not one of them.
    I love Mangold, but this is true.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,171
    We have no leaders on this team. Not Mangold, not Pouha or whoever else they trot out to answer questions.

    This is all just PC garbage. If they aren't questioning Sanchez and the direction of this franchise then they are dumb.

    All that said, I applaud their discretion and trying to keep the Tebow distractions at bay. Truth is the Tebow questions do effect the team and Woody, Tanny and Rex are to blame for that.

  6. #6
    Do any of you remember yesterday? 3, onside kick, shonn geene starting the game 7 carries for 16 yards, BLOCKED PUNT 7?

    The talent around Sanchez ain't built to comeback or play behind. And I vividly remember Stephen Hill dropping another crucial pass yesterday.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Mangold is a company man and extremely tight with Sanchez. He's the guy they trot out when they want management's talking points delivered by a player.

    He is a lot of things, but voice of the team is not one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    I love Mangold, but this is true.
    Mangold is starting to look slower and older.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Do any of you remember yesterday? 3, onside kick, shonn geene starting the game 7 carries for 16 yards, BLOCKED PUNT 7?

    The talent around Sanchez ain't built to comeback or play behind. And I vividly remember Stephen Hill dropping another crucial pass yesterday.
    Here we go again with the delusional apologist crap.

    Admitting Sanchez sucks is not putting all the blame on him. Yes Greene runs like he is stuck in quick sand, Yes ST cost us 7 points and Yes Hill has stone hands but what about all of Sanchez inaccurate throws?

    Why do you apologists keep defending poor decision making and terrible accuracy? Three years in and he hasn't learned a damn thing. He is still eyeballing his hot read, has horrible pocket presence and can't hit a receiver in stride more than 5 yards down field to save his life. He can't even complete a screen pass man...a screen pass...
    Last edited by nyctomjetsfan; 10-29-2012 at 02:31 PM.

  9. #9
    Personally, any one on the Jets who continues to spout the company line of " Mark gives us our best chance to win" needs to have there asses on the bus to someone else team at the end of the season. An I hate to say this because I really like the guy and thought we finally had our answer at HC, but Rex can pack his bags as well. Just wish the man was allow to have some balls and bench this guy. I know a pig when
    I see one, I have been watching pigs for over 45 years, ****ers need to stop trying to convince me Mark is a swan!!!!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Mangold said it's frustrating only because he felt the players had done a good job controlling the attention that Tebow gets to this point, but the louder the chants get, the more the players will be asked about it.

    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...old_put_t.html
    The players are getting undercut by their own FO then. Who do you think puts these Teblow highlights on the Jets site every week?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    The players are getting undercut by their own FO then. Who do you think puts these Teblow highlights on the Jets site every week?
    Thatís utterly discusting, this franchise is a joke.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Thatís utterly discusting, this franchise is a joke.
    A bad joke at that .... If he actually was playing enough to have highlights I would not mind ... But this is rediculous.

  13. #13
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Long Island-Florida
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Mangold is starting to look slower and older.
    I agree. Lets cut him, and Sione.
    Cut them all, and let the Waiver wire sort them out.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    I agree. Lets cut him, and Sione.
    Cut them all, and let the Waiver wire sort them out.
    Not saying cut Mangold. Just noticed that his invincibility armor has a chink.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Not saying cut Mangold. Just noticed that his invincibility armor has a chink.
    Thats the sad part...we had pro bowlers on this team. As recent as 4 years ago we had 3 OL pro bowlers. For what? To end up like this?

    Mangold, Brick, Revis will ALL end their careers as non SB winning JETS.

    Ring of honor honorable mention here they come.

    THANK YOU NY JEST. (no typo)

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Personally, any one on the Jets who continues to spout the company line of " Mark gives us our best chance to win" needs to have there asses on the bus to someone else team at the end of the season. An I hate to say this because I really like the guy and thought we finally had our answer at HC, but Rex can pack his bags as well. Just wish the man was allow to have some balls and bench this guy. I know a pig when
    I see one, I have been watching pigs for over 45 years, ****ers need to stop trying to convince me Mark is a swan!!!!
    I agree with most of this...
    But I think Rex should be given a REAL chance, instead of having to try to polish all of the turds given to him by a completely inept "GM"

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Thats the sad part...we had pro bowlers on this team. As recent as 4 years ago we had 3 OL pro bowlers. For what? To end up like this?

    Mangold, Brick, Revis will ALL end their careers as non SB winning JETS.

    Ring of honor honorable mention here they come.

    THANK YOU NY JEST. (no typo)
    Totally agree. Once retired, they can commiserate with Klecko, Lyons, Walker, Toon, Freeman, Curtis and many other former Jet greats at the annual We Never Won Jack Squat Pancake Breakfast.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Totally agree. Once retired, they can commiserate with Klecko, Lyons, Walker, Toon, Freeman, Curtis and many other former Jet greats at the annual We Never Won Jack Squat Pancake Breakfast.
    THAT SIR..is sig material.

    Jet greats at the annual We Never Won Jack Squat Pancake Breakfast.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzfzsKENCbU

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    The players are getting undercut by their own FO then. Who do you think puts these Teblow highlights on the Jets site every week?
    Wow! All Woody! Does the highlights show Tebow whiffing on the block resulting in the blocked punt TD...

  20. #20
    It's tough being a Jets fan...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us