Thread: Desperate Measures

Desperate Measures

Unlike the majority on this board, I still think our NY Jets can make the playoffs this season.

To do so, drastic changes need to be made.

First & foremost, the offense. You can't win if you can't score points, therefore we need to acquire a playmaker on offense during the bye week. Tanny needs to make a move before the trade deadline to acquire either Steven Jackson (Rams) or DeAngelo Williams (Panthers) to help out the running game & take some of the pressure off Sanchez. We need a stud RB & it's not Shonn Greene.

Go out & sign Terrell Owens. That's right, I said it, sign TO. He's cheap & available and he can catch the ball. Stephen Hill just isn't ready. He can still get reps, just not as the no.1 WR. Owens will command some respect from opposing defenses and can still produce.

These two acquisitions will drastically improve the ground game & the passing game.

Next, trade Tim Tebow. We're killing drives & momentum by inserting him in for a 2yd. draw play every now & then. Enough already. Make McElroy the backup.

On defense, Rex needs to call for more blitzes. Blitz, blitz, and blitz some more. Blitz the Safety. Blitz the CB. Blitz like we did in '09 & '10. The defense has got to stop playing soft & start wreaking havoc! Get Bart Scott & Bryan Thomas off the field. They're done. Davis should be named the starter. Maybin should do nothing but rush the passer, or just chase down the ball. Play the younger, FASTER LB's and put some pressure on the opposing offense.

I'm tired of seeing MY Jets either come up short or just plain beat-up. The division is weak & ripe for the picking. It would be nice to see this team of ours get it's **** together and make a run at the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSET47 View Post
    Unlike the majority on this board, I still think our NY Jets can make the playoffs this season.

First & foremost, the offense. You can't win if you can't score points, therefore we need to acquire a playmaker on offense during the bye week. Tanny needs to make a move before the trade deadline to acquire either Steven Jackson (Rams) or DeAngelo Williams (Panthers) to help out the running game & take some of the pressure off Sanchez. We need a stud RB & it's not Shonn Greene.

Go out & sign Terrell Owens. That's right, I said it, sign TO. He's cheap & available and he can catch the ball. Stephen Hill just isn't ready. He can still get reps, just not as the no.1 WR. Owens will command some respect from opposing defenses and can still produce.

These two acquisitions will drastically improve the ground game & the passing game.

Next, trade Tim Tebow. We're killing drives & momentum by inserting him in for a 2yd. draw play every now & then. Enough already. Make McElroy the backup.

On defense, Rex needs to call for more blitzes. Blitz, blitz, and blitz some more. Blitz the Safety. Blitz the CB. Blitz like we did in '09 & '10. The defense has got to stop playing soft & start wreaking havoc! Get Bart Scott & Bryan Thomas off the field. They're done. Davis should be named the starter. Maybin should do nothing but rush the passer, or just chase down the ball. Play the younger, FASTER LB's and put some pressure on the opposing offense.

I'm tired of seeing MY Jets either come up short or just plain beat-up. The division is weak & ripe for the picking. It would be nice to see this team of ours get it's **** together and make a run at the playoffs.
    Liquorr stores must still be open near you.........

SOOTH put you up to this in order to generate posts?

Practice Squad

Stay thirsty my friend.

Any better ideas

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is the thread where the entire board must post their shart stories. Who's first?

It's very conceivable that the Jets will chase after Jackson or Williams but I think it would be a mistake unless they came frightfully cheap. TO would make no difference at all on this team.

HAHAHAA! GOOD ONE!

Too bad Tannenbaum and his "Talent" Evaluators are a JOKE and have NO clue what they are doing...

Too bad NOBODY WANTS TEBOW.... Because they aren't STUPID...

Too bad it doesn't even MATTER if we have a top 5 pick with these FOOLS in the FO.

Just send the team to London and be done with it.

Hall Of Fame
    Mike Tannembaum needs to have his trading privileges revoked immediately by Woody Johnson. The temptation to try and patch up the present situation by robbing from the future will be too strong for him to resist.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ray Ray has been lurking in this thread for 15 minutes. Here comes a long, drawn out, bullsh!t, homer and narrow minded post.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Ray Ray has been lurking in this thread for 15 minutes. Here comes a long, drawn out, bullsh!t, homer and narrow minded post.
    LOL