Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At What point do I stop Watching?

At What point do I stop Watching?

I have been a Jet Fan for 45 years. I have watched every game they have played unless there was an emergency in the Family.

Have traveled for years to different Stadiums and seen numerous games on the road.

In our worst years I still watched every second of every game! Why? I sometimes ask myself that question, but I am a Jets fan All day long!!
    I never waiver and take alot of s*it because of it! Still I dont care, I love rooting my team on and being that Fanatical Jet fan.

In recent years we have had success. I am grateful for the years we had and how Sunday was an amazing day for the family as we rooted for our beloved Jets all thru the year and into the playoffs for that chance at the SuperBowl.

I am now facing a dilema that I havent faced in awhile. being out of the race for the playoffs before Thanksgiving! Maybe Im getting older but I just cant keep watching all these games when we have nothing on the line anymore!

So I ask you, when do you stop watching?
    Last edited by LA Jet Fan; 10-29-2012 at 04:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Watch w/ zero expectations....

You'll be more relaxed....

Quote Originally Posted by afesposit View Post
    I understand that but watching a game and not going all out with excitement seems like an impossible task. I just cant watch for the enjoyment of the game. I do when I watch all the other games but when the Jets suit up Im all in and its always been that way!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post
    I understand that but watching a game and not going all out with excitement seems like an impossible task. I just cant watch for the enjoyment of the game. I do when I watch all the other games but when the Jets suit up Im all in and its always been that way!
    Me too ... We're doomed.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    You're a smoker or a non smoker, a drinker or a non drinker, a Jet fan or not a Jet fan very simple. Give em 4 more years, that's what I'm gonna give em.

You never stop watching. The motives for watching just change.

At first, and for a long time, you root for them.

Then you just watch for comedic value.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    You're a smoker or a non smoker, a drinker or a non drinker, a Jet fan or not a Jet fan very simple. Give em 4 more years, that's what I'm gonna give em.
    4 more years? I dont know if i can take 4 more years of this sh*t!!

If you're realistic and understand that this team has some of the worst talent in the league, it should be pretty easy to relax... I've been a Jet fan for 30+ years and going into this season I expected them to suck... I'm not shocked at what I'm seeing.. Am I pissed off about it, yes, but when i see Sanchez getting sacked w/ fumbles, throwing the picks at the goal line, Rex ruining clock management, the inability to get a pass rush, I'm not that worked up anymore...

It is what it is....

I flew to Pitt from San Diego for the AFC title game a couple years back and this team is so far from being enjoyable that I admit I've lost interest in them...

And as long as Tannenbaum is picking players and Rex isn't holding anyone accountable, nothing will change.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    4 more years? I dont know if i can take 4 more years of this sh*t!!
    Well you could always jump on the SF bandwagon they are on the uptick. You have come this far may as well see if anything materializes, it's a young crew I like a team with an average of 6 years experience.

If you're realistic and understand that this team has some of the worst talent in the league, it should be pretty easy to relax... I've been a Jet fan for 30+ years and going into this season I expected them to suck... I'm not shocked at what I'm seeing.. Am I pissed off about it, yes, but when i see Sanchez getting sacked w/ fumbles, throwing the picks at the goal line, Rex ruining clock management, the inability to get a pass rush, I'm not that worked up anymore...

It is what it is....

I flew to Pitt from San Diego for the AFC title game a couple years back and this team is so far from being enjoyable that I admit I've lost interest in them...

And as long as Tannenbaum is picking players and Rex isn't holding anyone accountable, nothing will change.
    I get what you are saying and agree with most of it , if not all. What Im saying is that even when I expect less from a less talented organization I still go all in on game day. Cant turn off the switch !!

I get it but even when i expect less just watching them gets the juices going

Well you could always jump on the SF bandwagon they are on the uptick. You have come this far may as well see if anything materializes, it's a young crew I like a team with an average of 6 years experience.
    Never ever could jump ship!!!!!!!!!! I despise fair weather fans!!!

Bleed Jet Green thru and thru, maybe thats the problem!! lol

Waterboy
    30 + yr fan here as well. I used to really get crazy into the games, strained my many relationships with this team. Now, Im just as big of a Jets fan than ever, I still watch each and every game if Im not in town to attend live, but I have also learned with this team to not get myself all worked up just to be let down. Im relaxed, but do tend to get pissed off over dumb mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioJetsFan View Post
    30 + yr fan here as well. I used to really get crazy into the games, strained my many relationships with this team. Now, Im just as big of a Jets fan than ever, I still watch each and every game if Im not in town to attend live, but I have also learned with this team to not get myself all worked up just to be let down. Im relaxed, but do tend to get pissed off over dumb mistakes.
    I only wish I could do that !!!!! How is that done ?

The problem that I have
    Is that I have expectations, and thats why it has hurt so much all these years.
    With out expectations what do you have?

All Pro
    +1 its really exciting when you do well

Quote Originally Posted by rangers1 View Post
    The problem that I have
    Is that I have expectations, and thats why it has hurt so much all these years.
    With out expectations what do you have?
    Set them at 4-12 and every season is a success.

Veteran
    I have been a Jet Fan for 45 years. I have watched every game they have played unless there was an emergency in the Family.

Have traveled for years to different Stadiums and seen numerous games on the road.

In our worst years I still watched every second of every game! Why? I sometimes ask myself that question, but I am a Jets fan All day long!!
    I never waiver and take alot of s*it because of it! Still I dont care, I love rooting my team on and being that Fanatical Jet fan.

In recent years we have had success. I am grateful for the years we had and how Sunday was an amazing day for the family as we rooted for our beloved Jets all thru the year and into the playoffs for that chance at the SuperBowl.

I am now facing a dilema that I havent faced in awhile. being out of the race for the playoffs before Thanksgiving! Maybe Im getting older but I just cant keep watching all these games when we have nothing on the line anymore!

So I ask you, when do you stop watching?
    Never, come down to The OC and enjoy a game with the OC jet fan group at The Tap house, in HB

Waterboy
    I only wish I could do that !!!!! How is that done ?
    haha, before, it was pissed off g/f's that couldnt understand my devotion to this team, dragging them to Jets games or watching in bars. Now it's a nice woman, Sunday Ticket, a glass of wine, and a good cigar. I remember not even having an appetite before game day. We just went to see them play the Steelers in week 2, hung with a couple Jets fans at hotel, went to game, we lost but all was good. Just say F it and watch your team. I know it sucks and prob always will.

Dear God- your sig. I'm crying laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioJetsFan View Post
    haha, before, it was pissed off g/f's that couldnt understand my devotion to this team, dragging them to Jets games or watching in bars. Now it's a nice woman, Sunday Ticket, a glass of wine, and a good cigar. I remember not even having an appetite before game day. We just went to see them play the Steelers in week 2, hung with a couple Jets fans at hotel, went to game, we lost but all was good. Just say F it and watch your team. I know it sucks and prob always will.
    Good Stuff !! thx for the input, I will lastly say that understanding what you are saying and actually implementing that will be very, very, very, very, hard!
    Last edited by LA Jet Fan; 10-29-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: spelling