Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: The scheme in which Sanchez would thrive...

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    That why you don't give a rookie defensive minded HC a QB who only had 16 college starts and was very raw coming out of school. Sanchez is garbage, but at the same token, Rex had and still has no clue on how to develop a QB.
    Last edited by carlito1171; 10-30-2012 at 09:26 AM.

  2. #22
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Saugerties, NY
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    It all starts with the QB. Our Oline, RBs and WRs are not as bad as people make them out to be. Swap out Sanchez with a top 10 QB and we are much better.
    No. With the exception of Mangold, Keller, and maybe D'Brick, the offense is full of scrubs who would NOT be starters on another team.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geekbeatking View Post
    No. With the exception of Mangold, Keller, and maybe D'Brick, the offense is full of scrubs who would NOT be starters on another team.
    Really? So Kerley wouldn't start for any other team in the NFL? Moore would not start for any other team in the NFL? Greene would not start for any other team in the NFL? Hill would not start for any other team in the NFL? You seem like a clueless Sanchez supporter.

    Take a look at some of the #2 WRS in the league, Kerley and Hill are just as viable.

    Take a look at some of the Guards in the league, Moore is just as viable

    Take a look at some of the RBs, a dying position, in the league, Greene is just as viable

    Sanchez can only play decently against scrub defenses.

  4. #24
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Saugerties, NY
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    Really? So Kerley wouldn't start for any other team in the NFL? Moore would not start for any other team in the NFL? Greene would not start for any other team in the NFL? Hill would not start for any other team in the NFL? You seem like a clueless Sanchez supporter.

    Take a look at some of the #2 WRS in the league, Kerley and Hill are just as viable.

    Take a look at some of the Guards in the league, Moore is just as viable

    Take a look at some of the RBs, a dying position, in the league, Greene is just as viable

    Sanchez can only play decently against scrub defenses.
    Kerley is becoming a solid player and would be a #3 on another team.

    Hill is a rookie who is unproven, shown flashes, but drops balls at crucial times.

    Moore is in his twilight years and fading fast.

    Greene is garbage. If you need to get 1 yard, Greene will get two. If you need to get four yards, Greene will get two.

    So yes, my opinion is still no.

    I am not a clueless Sanchez supporter. His play is atrocious, but I'm with SAR in the belief that he has no decent tools and the defense is suspect, forcing him to throw 50 times a game while on his heels the whole time. Could he make more of his situations? A better QB would, but I think the HC, OC, GM, and especially the owner are more to blame for the current state of this team.

  5. #25
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has the physical tools necessary to succeed. He lacks everything else. As I've said before, he never has had to deal with adversity. Up until last year, he played on loaded teams where he had to do very little for the teams to win. He has never had to carry a team or deal with any personal adversity. He has led a charmed life. He is not a born leader and he has not had the kind of experiences that turns someone into a leader. He has also never been on a losing team, has no idea how to deal with losing, and it certainly seems that he does not have a burning desire to win. It is the burning desire to win that is essential to any QB's success. When you combine that desire with an effective leader, you get a franchise QB.

    QB is a unique position. You can have all the skill in the world, but unless you have a burning desire to win, you will be a loser. The true greats like Brady, Peyton, and Brees are leaders with a burning desire to win. QB's like Rivers and Cutler have the desire to win at all costs, but are somewhat lacking in the leadership area. i.e. they can be a bit of a dick to their teammates.

    In summary, Sanchez does not have a burning desire to win, therefore, he can not be a successful QB in the NFL. For those who need evidence of his lack of desire, just watch the mistakes he makes over and over again. If you really, really want to win, you stop making the stupid ass mistakes. If you are more concerned with how you look than with winning, you hold onto the ball too long trying to make a spectacular play and force the ball into coverage trying to make a spectacular play rather than simply throw the ball out of bounds or eat it and take the sack.

    I've been a Sanchez defender, but I've seen enough of his show and truly believe that he likes being and NFL QB and works hard, but once you put him on the field and things start to go wrong, he has neither the desire or leadership to make the team play better. He is simply another player on the team, and that never works for a QB.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Sanchez has the physical tools necessary to succeed. He lacks everything else. As I've said before, he never has had to deal with adversity. Up until last year, he played on loaded teams where he had to do very little for the teams to win. He has never had to carry a team or deal with any personal adversity. He has led a charmed life. He is not a born leader and he has not had the kind of experiences that turns someone into a leader. He has also never been on a losing team, has no idea how to deal with losing, and it certainly seems that he does not have a burning desire to win. It is the burning desire to win that is essential to any QB's success. When you combine that desire with an effective leader, you get a franchise QB.

    QB is a unique position. You can have all the skill in the world, but unless you have a burning desire to win, you will be a loser. The true greats like Brady, Peyton, and Brees are leaders with a burning desire to win. QB's like Rivers and Cutler have the desire to win at all costs, but are somewhat lacking in the leadership area. i.e. they can be a bit of a dick to their teammates.

    In summary, Sanchez does not have a burning desire to win, therefore, he can not be a successful QB in the NFL. For those who need evidence of his lack of desire, just watch the mistakes he makes over and over again. If you really, really want to win, you stop making the stupid ass mistakes. If you are more concerned with how you look than with winning, you hold onto the ball too long trying to make a spectacular play and force the ball into coverage trying to make a spectacular play rather than simply throw the ball out of bounds or eat it and take the sack.

    I've been a Sanchez defender, but I've seen enough of his show and truly believe that he likes being and NFL QB and works hard, but once you put him on the field and things start to go wrong, he has neither the desire or leadership to make the team play better. He is simply another player on the team, and that never works for a QB.
    I disagree about having all the tools. He is not accurate, he is not very football smart and he is afraid. These are all things that can't be taught. You either have them or you don't.

  7. #27
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    356
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    You guys talking about the lack of talent and Sanchez not being the problem have NO FRIGGIN CLUE about football.

    Is talent going to make Sanchez accurate?

    Is talent going to make him read defenses better?

    Is talent going to make him more aware in the pocket?

    If you want to talk about a lack of talent, then talk about Sanchez lacking talent. The guy is a waste. He is a nice backup QB, not a NFL starter.
    I don't know about lack of talent (he can be effective with the right team,coaching etc), but I do know know that his STATS would be better if he had more talent around him. Just take the last game he should have had at least an extra TD and there was a caption that read Jets had 5-6 drop passes. That was before the last Kerley drop of another 20 yards near the end zone. Even last week he could of had another 4th qtr comeback but Hill dropped a big one.
    The kid belongs in the NFL but the Jets are not the right fit!

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    I don't know about lack of talent (he can be effective with the right team,coaching etc), but I do know know that his STATS would be better if he had more talent around him. Just take the last game he should have had at least an extra TD and there was a caption that read Jets had 5-6 drop passes. That was before the last Kerley drop of another 20 yards near the end zone. Even last week he could of had another 4th qtr comeback but Hill dropped a big one.
    The kid belongs in the NFL but the Jets are not the right fit!
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he goes to another team(after his final season next year) and that team actually...*gasp*....develops him PROPERLY!

    Or at the very least, he'd have a better opportunity to succeed there than he has here. Whatever....

    I agree with the masses, though. He's NOT the QB the Jets are seeking.

    We need another QB in the draft. PRONTO!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us