Thread: signing bell and landry

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

signing bell and landry

I don't care what anybody thinks or cares.the bottom line is the following.both of these players were castoffs from other teams.it is obvious that ryans choices of both these players.was a big mistake.the jets cannot defend against the pass period.this season will go down the drain.if the jets do not make the needed changes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Bell hasn't done much, but Landry's been really good this year, best safety we've had a long time

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    *slaps knee* Yup, you got it!

Kyle Wilson / other CBs whiffing in coverage are all Landry's & Bell's fault

Now back to your rotisserie leagues, roto-rooter

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Bell hasn't done much, but Landry's been really good this year, best safety we've had a long time
    Actually, I noticed this last game that Bell's name rarely gets mentioned, but he sure did seem to be in on lots of stops, even ones where Landry overplayed and missed on a tackle

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bell's attempt to tackle thomas on his td run was outright pathetic. Someone get a gif up here of #37 on that play.

landry has been pretty good. Nothing great but better then we had previously.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you even watch Jets games? If you did you'd know its the rush defense thats abysmal. Jets have giving up and average of 205 yard through the air, which is ranked 6th in the NFL. Landry isnt Polamalu, but he is the best safety the Jets have had since Kerry Rhodes. Bell looks like he is just a 1 year rental while Bush/Allen are being groomed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are 6th against the pass and that with one of the worst pass rushes in the league... tells you something about our secondary...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both were good moves, it just took the front office a full two years to realize we sucked at safety. The same thing applies with OLB. They will finally realize this is a huge problem area next year, two years too late.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Both have been good signings, lets just hope Landry's confetti bones don't break.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk about misguided frustration. I don't see how you can watch this team and find the time to criticize the play at safety.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    I don't care what anybody thinks or cares.the bottom line is the following.both of these players were castoffs from other teams.it is obvious that ryans choices of both these players.was a big mistake.the jets cannot defend against the pass period.this season will go down the drain.if the jets do not make the needed changes.
    When you draft as poorly as we do, trade away picks what choice do you have?

Why just this season. What REX and TANNY have done will hurt this team for years to come. Playoffs? maybe in a year or two but we will NOT beat top teams in the league with this crew.

Oh wait.... I have a GREAT idea.

Imitate the GIANTS. Just imitate them. No flash, no emotion etc....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bell has been a jag, better than smith I guess. Landry is decent, he doesn't wrap up on his tackles though, which annoys me.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    Who do you think the Jets should have signed/drafted? There were no other options, these two were clearly the best. And Landry's been good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Who do you think the Jets should have signed/drafted? There were no other options, these two were clearly the best. And Landry's been good.
    Does it matter who they draft? They will end up being a starter with no competition and totally sucking. While guys pick up after ours will be pro bowler studs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we should plug Eric Smith and Brodney Pool back in the line up. We are obviously lacking their potency.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I think we should plug Eric Smith and Brodney Pool back in the line up. We are obviously lacking their potency.
    This made me LOL - I don't know if the original poster will get it...

This board has become unreadable - I miss the knowledgeable posters of yesteryear.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Signing a 34 y/o Yeremiah Bell wasn't a sweet move.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are 6th against the pass with 0 pass rush and the slowest LB core in the game

its the best tandem we have had in a very long time

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't care what anyone else thinks then why did you post this and why should we care what you think?