Thread: Just think about how bad things REALLY could have been .. we almost got Aso

Just think about how bad things REALLY could have been .. we almost got Aso

Thank the heavens he turned us down. Many teams didn't think he was worth all that especially Atlanta's scouting department, Steelers, & Ravens. Thankfully Cro took us back after he was our 2nd choice. Aso did us a favor ... Tanny almost threw away more money there. We could be stuck with him right now as well instead we have Cro who's playing much better than Aso and is much cheaper. Tanny and Rex would've dropped the ball on another big signing had he not turned us down.

All Pro
    Cromartie > Nnamdi

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Thank the heavens he turned us down. Many teams didn't think he was worth all that especially Atlanta's scouting department, Steelers, & Ravens. Thankfully Cro took us back after he was our 2nd choice. Aso did us a favor ... Tanny almost threw away more money there. We could be stuck with him right now as well instead we have Cro who's playing much better than Aso and is much cheaper. Tanny and Rex would've dropped the ball on another big signing had he not turned us down.
    Agreed. But I always voiced my opinion that Aso really is just not that good. Not that hard shutting out opposing team's #2 receivers week in and week out. Cromartie has shown he can shut down the #1 wideouts also.

Although it didn't happen, the attempt says all you need to know bout Tannenbaum. Will throw tons of good money at any big name, necessary or not.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Although it didn't happen, the attempt says all you need to know bout Tannenbaum. Will throw tons of good money at any big name, necessary or not.
    Let's not forget Woody for some blame!

All Pro
    Yeah and we 'almost' got Peyton Manning too.

Veteran
    Oh boy do I EVER remember this ordeal. This is when I lost all confidence in Rex. I had suspicions before but after this debacle I knew he was not competent. Let's look back on how ridiculous this was -

It would have had us spending nearly 30 million of our cap space for ONE position. Preposterous.

Our problems then were our problems now and adding another "superstar" corner wouldn't have addressed them. Secondary coverage was not our weakness and it was mind boggling to see the desire to sink so much money into something that was fine considering of all the needs we had then, and have now.

But here is the idiotic part - Rex wanted this. He wanted Aso and was calling up Adam F'n Sandler (really?) to woo him to New York. I remember calling Ryan out for this utter stupidity then and taking a beating by all the Kool-Aid drinkers then. The "derp, Rex Ryan has taken us to two championship games in a row, derp" crowd.

Part of our problem is that we have overpaid for guys that under performed and can you only imagine if this DID happen? You think things are bad now, they could have been ten times worse if Aso decided to sign with the Jets. Just the sheer fact that they put their hats in the race does confirm that this team, mainly their owner and leadership are all about press and headlines - no matter the cost.

It is a damn circus.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    This 1000000X

The thinking behind this was insane!!! And showed the Jets again to be clueless about building a team!!!

Its called NO PLAN!!!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This 1000000X

The thinking behind this was insane!!! And showed the Jets again to be clueless about building a team!!!

Its called NO PLAN!!!!!
    Even though Nnamdi is playing poorly and I prefer cromartie, he was targeted for his ability to cover TE's and less problems with small wr's.
    I think he graded higher in those areas (where Cro is limited to the outside).

I read that somewhere during the attempted signing...it seemed to be a move aligned to stopping the patriots (better matchups).

Criticizing the FO for having a plan B that was successful...a bit of a reach.

Especially considering Cro is playing just as good as anyone right now and Nnamdi doesn't have a Defensive Coordinator...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldengod View Post
    Even though Nnamdi is playing poorly and I prefer cromartie, he was targeted for his ability to cover TE's and less problems with small wr's.

I read that somewhere during the attempted signing...it seemed to be a move aligned to stopping the patriots (better matchups).

Especially considering Cro is playing just as good as anyone right now and Nnamdi doesn't have a Defensive Coordinator...
    To clarify, not siding either way...but throw stones elsewhere. Like at Santonio Holmes. If only the skins had signed him away.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldengod View Post

I simply disagree with this strategy...

No team that foregos putting pressure on the QB can relie on CB to cover indefinitely. Notice Rex wanted this approach for years with the Ravens and they said noooooo. Now we see what the results are with the Jets....

Not so good in my opinion.... This isn't fantasy football you have to have plan that makes some sense and why are the Jets the ones to always come up with an approach that NO ONE in the NFL is using why are we doing that?

Revis Island > Cro Show > All.

Deal wiff it, leeg.

Undrafted Free Agent
    If you think its bad now, wait til the Eagles cut Mike Vick after the season and he is our 2013 opening day starter...

Prepare yourselves for it because its coming...

Next big name circus clown, COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on "We're Never Right!"

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    If you think its bad now, wait til the Eagles cut Mike Vick after the season and he is our 2013 opening day starter...

Next big name circus clown, COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on "We're Never Right!"
    Oh ****.

Vick vs Tebow vs Sanchez in a Triple Threat Match for the World Heaveyweight Championship at Wrestlemania!

May have to trade Sanchez for Vick to make that happen, would be a reason to keep watching games (Tebow and Vick checking to see if the spread option can work in the NFL)

think it all gets blown up next year

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Vick vs Tebow vs Sanchez in a Triple Threat Match for the World Heaveyweight Championship at Wrestlemania!

Tebow would destroy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Tebow would destroy them.
    Tebow with a chair shot to Vick's ribs.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Tebow with a chair shot to Vick's ribs.
    Bring back the claw hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    Bring back the claw hold.
    We attitude era now.