Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rex Ryan's refusal to bench Mark Sanchez will get him fired.(Article)

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're talking benching Mark, McElroy would be the better oprion of a starting QB. If he doesn't have an arm like many say, let's see it, but from what we DO see, he apears to have the toughness and smarts to give it a good shot at least. Face it, you need a chip on your shoulder to play NFL QB... all the very good and great ones have it... Sanchez seems like he just expects to win, but he's just mildly bummed about a loss instead of rippin' pissed. To me, it looks like he has the tools, but not the attitude and accuracy. Without that you're done.

Whoever starts, TEBOW SHOULD BE IN MANY PACKAGES WHERE WE MIX IT UP AND HE'S PLAYING HB/FB/WILDCAT QB/TE/WR AND TOUCHING THE BALL ALMOST EVERY POSSESSION. ESPECIALLY WHEN WE GO 3-AND-OUT EVERY FREAKIN' POSSESSION! LIGHT A FREAKIN' SPARK! WTF... I am so pissed that we are mis-using that kid.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    How can a "great coach" be negligent regarding our players--I don't get it. Give it up.
    You name the Last Jets coach that was able to beat the likes of Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady in the playoffs while on the road. Your right, you dont get it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You name the Last Jets coach that was able to beat the likes of Phillip Rivers, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady in the playoffs while on the road. Your right, you dont get it.
    The past is the past. Jon Gruden won a super bowl and was fired a few years later. Why? Becasue he hadnt done squat lately. And rex hasnt dont squat lately.

Stop hanging your hat on something he did 2 years ago. Its over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Is that the same coach who hasnt beaten a winning team in almost 2 years, is 3 and 8 last 11 games and didnt pay attention to the offense the 1st 3 year and has one of the worst defenses in the NFL this year?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Wanna Keep Rex,fine. Live with Sanchez.

I want them all gone.

Rex
    Tanny
    Sanchez
    Holmes
    Ferguson
    Keller.

All of em are the stars of this team and are substandard at their positions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

I want them all gone.

Rex
    Tanny
    Sanchez
    Holmes
    Ferguson
    Keller.

Take Ferguson off that list. He's not playing super pro bowl level right now but he has not been garbage and LT is a huge priority spot that would have to be addressed by a 1st round pick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have to remember Mark would go to Rex's son's football games. He has not only perfected the art of the excuse he is the master of the suckup. Rex will never bench Mark Sanchez I can promise you that. Mark really should right books on how to succeed when you suck at your job.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

I want them all gone.

Rex
    Tanny
    Sanchez
    Holmes
    Ferguson
    Keller.

I do agree with you on this one! I also agree that perhaps Suckchez is a bit too short! he can not see over the onrushing Dlinmen and gets many passes tipped or intercepted. He is NOT Brees and thuis has no pocket awareness. He fumbles when hit and looks like a deer in the headlights! I am not the biggest Killer-Keller fan in the world. He kills us with inconsistency and has been known to drop passes in critical situations!

Rex has to go! He is an alleged defensive guru and a self-proclaimed best defensive coach in the NFL. Does it look that way to anyone? Without Ngata and Redd, he is less then stellar! Tannybum must go. No words to describe him! Brick is in a state of freefall. He is declining with every game and every year! We must develop a LT asap!

Pace, BT and Eric Smith MUST also go!

We are currently carrying 4 DT/NTs and 3 DEs. (DT- Muir, Po'hua, Ellis and Harrison. ) DEs- Wilkerson, De Vito and Coples. Could we use an extra DE as a passrusher and eliminate one DT? What do you guys think?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Take Ferguson off that list. He's not playing super pro bowl level right now but he has not been garbage and LT is a huge priority spot that would have to be addressed by a 1st round pick.
    What would u take in a trade for Ferguson if i told u i could get a younger better prospect with a 2013 1st round pick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    New GM worth his salt and Rex is toast... If it's just a guy happy to have a job and another Woody puppet, then Rex is safe...

But then the Jets will blow anyway....

Kotite era is upon us.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I think Rex has some perverse notion of honor ... He must have told Mark that he would live and die with him on the day he was drafted or something ... And while this type of belief/action is admirable, it is not always warranted or intelligent ... Then again Rex has never been accused of being a rocket scientist.

I particularly enjoyed Rex's comment regarding Marks play this week. Mark looked pretty accurate on some of his throws ... By definition if he was not accurate throughout the game ... HE WAS NOT ACCURATE !
    Good post. I also believe this could very well be the reason. In the end, god only knows WHY he's been so faithful to a QB that clearly does not deserve that kind of loyalty.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    We don't have a real backup, that's the problem. Should've kept Stanton....
    Well, that's because you believe that Tebow isn't a real backup QB. I agree with this.

But lets face the facts. The Jets have not utilized Tim Tebow appropriately right from the get go now. They are not sure where he belongs on the football field.

My belief is that Tim Tebow is a good enough talent that he should be on the field as an every down player. I think his size would dictate he'd be best as a FB/RB/TE. Anyone of those spots he could help this team immensely. Oh, and lets not forget when he's on the field he always carrying home run play potential. That may be the shot of adrenaline that this team needs right now.

I do not believe Tim Tebow is a QB. I think that's the one area where Tim Tebow is severely lacking. But as a wildcat QB, as time goes on, I think you'll see that Tebow becomes an asset.

As for starting QB, we all know that it's over for Sanchez. Sometimes change can be the very best thing for a team. In 2002, for no other reason than change, Vinny was benched in favor of Chad Pennington. CP provided the shot of adrenaline that the team needed at that time. The Jets went on to the playoffs that season.

I don't know that Greg McElroy can provide that kind of spark for the team. But knowing what we know about Sanchez, I think starting McElroy would at least provide some sorely needed optimism.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    You have to remember Mark would go to Rex's son's football games. He has not only perfected the art of the excuse he is the master of the suckup. Rex will never bench Mark Sanchez I can promise you that. Mark really should right books on how to succeed when you suck at your job.
    And you should write books on how to troll. Well done, sir.

Mark has to go, though and Rex could very well follow him.

I just hope Tanny goes with them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Rex cannot see that Sanchez is too inaccurate, and too turnover prone, for his style of team, he deserves to be fired.

Rex's "Run First, Play D" idea needs a QB who turns it over infrequently 9Sanchez is worst in the league) and completes passes at a 60%+ clip (Sanchez has NFL worst Comp. %).

If Rex hangs wih Sanchez, they'll all surely hang together after this season.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No NFL team can withstand a turnover machine at QB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    No NFL team can withstand a turnover machine at QB

I know I'm not being fair but he did have plenty of "Sanchez" moments.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

I know I'm not being fair but he did have plenty of "Sanchez" moments.
    No SB ring either

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    No SB ring either
    '98 was his best shot.

Thanks, Keith "Sure-handed" Byars.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree it is redoncoulos that he will not give tebow a shot mark sucks and rode the lucky train of a top team that Mangini built for marks first two years

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    I agree it is redoncoulos that he will not give tebow a shot mark sucks and rode the lucky train of a top team that Mangini built for marks first two years
    Mangini built Edwards, Holmes, LT, Greene, K. Jenkins, Leonard, Scott, Cromartie..do tell