Thread: If You Think Debating Politics here is Tough...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

If You Think Debating Politics here is Tough...

....try doing it on a forum full of smug Euro Leftists.

Ho.

Le.

In one post, it was claimed that Goffords was shot by a dedicated Republican, that republicans will riot if Obama wins, that Romney will implement a Christian Theocracy and immediately invade Iran, and that the Tea Party were violent terrorists, and Occupy was nothing but peaceful hippies beaten up by the facist cops.

All dead serious, I should add.

Why I even responded, I will never know.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Ho.

Le.

In one post, it was claimed that Goffords was shot by a dedicated Republican, that republicans will riot if Obama wins, that Romney will implement a Christian Theocracy and immediately invade Iran, and that the Tea Party were violent terrorists, and Occupy was nothing but peaceful hippies beaten up by the facist cops.

Well the Occupy part is accurate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Ho.

Le.

Want some links to the StormFront.com website concerning our presidential politics? It's very lol worthy. All Kenya and stuff...

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Want some links to the StormFront.com website concerning our presidential politics? It's very lol worthy. All Kenya and stuff...

I think I'd expect Stormfront to be what it is.

I wouldn't expect a random assortment of Euro's on a non-Politics forum to be so universally US hating and aggressively far-left.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't expect a random assortment of Euro's on a non-Politics forum to be so universally US hating and aggressively far-left.
    But misery loves company.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Really?

You didn't think a European message board would be anti American?

I went to a Harley Biker rally today and was appalled at the amount of anti-Honda people there. Appalling to say the least....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Really?

You didn't think a European message board would be anti American?

I went to a Harley Biker rally today and was appalled at the amount of anti-Honda people there. Appalling to say the least....

Aye PK, I suppose you've got a point.

Of course, if I was that pre-aware, forum-wise, I'd never post in here either.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Aye PK, I suppose you've got a point.

Of course, if I was that pre-aware, forum-wise, I'd never post in here either.

Just curious....besides vitriolic, how do you characterize the leanings of the JI Politics Forum?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Just curious....besides vitriolic, how do you characterize the leanings of the JI Politics Forum?
    Overall, about evenly split. A few great moderates like Doggin and Winston, a few solid left/right guys, and a few fringe/insane far left/far right guys and a decent mix of "Other" guys, i.e. the Libertarian contingent.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Overall, about evenly split. A few great moderates like Doggin and Winston, a few solid left/right guys, and a few fringe/insane far left/far right guys and a decent mix of "Other" guys, i.e. the Libertarian contingent.
    Really? I'm surprised to hear/read that. From a (mostly) read-only perspective, sometimes I think this place is a committee trying to establish the direction of the Republican Party/Conservative Movement.

From a voter perspective, I suspect you'd find a breakdown of supporters of roughly 60% Romney, 30% Obama and 10% other. Just a guess though. Admittedly, everyone sees things through their own lens (including myself) as its impossible to clear yourself of your own biases.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Really? I'm surprised to hear/read that. From a (mostly) read-only perspective, sometimes I think this place is a committee trying to establish the direction of the Republican Party/Conservative Movement.

From a voter perspective, I suspect you'd find a breakdown of supporters of roughly 60% Romney, 30% Obama and 10% other. Just a guess though. Admittedly, everyone sees things through their own lens (including myself) as its impossible to clear yourself of your own biases.
    Who knows, I generally ignore most of the Republiwargarblers here, a few on ignore, a few not but rarely read.

I mostly read and reply to liberals or left leaners, and our resident moderates/intellectuals. So I certainly could be biased based on whom I read and whom I think is worthy of reply.

Be interesting to have a poll of regular posters, but not everyone votes in such polls here. We could always write a list of the JI Poli-Sci Regulars, and decide if we think they're left/right/center/other?

You're the Mod these days crash get us a list of the top 20-30 posters by postcount in this subforum (Sooth could get that for you), and lets go down the list.
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-31-2012 at 03:22 PM.