Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's say Rex gets fired and Bill Cowher is not available

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    I always loved Andy Reid. Love the way he drafts. Its rare to get a guy that consistantly drafts that well and had that long of a tenure.

He would be my number 1 choice.

2nd choice is Kyle Shannahan. He is developing a young QB this year and always will have a great running game.
    Andy Reid needs a break. That dude has been through hell the past few years, he needs to sit down for a while before his next coaching gig.

Really hope the Jets go with an established coach the next time around. Shanahan might be something some day, but the Jets don't have the pieces in place to win with a neophyte.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Brian Schottenheimer
    rotflmao! Can you imagine if that were to happen. They crucify him here and elsewhere on the internet. They'd never give the guy time to develop a team. One losing game let alone a season and they'd be calling for his scapl. he is better off for now in St. Louis! But he is not a bad choice. However, at this juncture I do not want to get an inexperienced HC here again! Jon Gruden has talent and experience! He also can develop QBs! Give him Bill Polian for his GM to acquire talent. I think we'd turn it around very quickly!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Andy Reid needs a break. That dude has been through hell the past few years, he needs to sit down for a while before his next coaching gig.

Really hope the Jets go with an established coach the next time around. Shanahan might be something some day, but the Jets don't have the pieces in place to win with a neophyte.
    I do agree with you about REID needing abreak. The guy really has endured a bit too much tragedy in the past few years! I respect him greatly as a HC and talent evaluator. Could he be a legit GM candidate? Hmmmmmm!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Brian Knows the team,and he knows what needs to be done to fix the team. The players know him and what he's about.

Sanchez would probably be a better QB if Rex Ryan had allowed him to fail in 1 system instead of jerking him around .

I don't really believe that, but it is possible.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Cowher is not available,and we cant getKelly from ND i would seriously consider giving Mangini another chance. Ithink he got screwed by us and Cleveland.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Knows the team,and he knows what needs to be done to fix the team. The players know him and what he's about.

Sanchez would probably be a better QB if Rex Ryan had allowed him to fail in 1 system instead of jerking him around .

I don't really believe that, but it is possible.
    You have stated so many times here and elsewhere that SUCKCHEZ is simply too short to be effective. He is proving that with all the batted down passes and INTS to DEs. I offer no excuses for Sucky. He failed in Schotty's system too in year three! Years one and two he had a great defense to bail him out. His games were not really great except for the NE playoff game! We have sucked ever since that game!

Schotty in NY is tantamount to a time bomb with his zillion critics and the doom and gloom brigade that needs a scapegoat to crucify. I feel the guy is better off in St. Louis and I doubt he'd ever come back here under any circumstances. I like dthe guy and felt he did fine bringing us to two AFCCG with a raw and possibly inadequate QB.

If Suckchez was 6ft 6 and could see over the onrushing DL, it would be one thing but you said it a million times and in the past and I agreed with you! He is too short and is unlike DREW Brees with great pocket awareness! Thus it works against him. He can not set his feet and sometimes his passes are woefully inadequate as well as inaccurate.

In NY Brian was also bypassed for HC in favor of the Buffoon. Baltimore sure had more insight into REX then we did. I really do not see Brian swallowing his pride to come here as second best! Yet I can see him in San Diego and being extremely successful as a HC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joe Gibbs + Counter Trey = WIN.

Give the ol cooter the reigns to the wagon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol won't have to worry bout answering this question for another year or 2....

Rex is under contract till 2014, and he ain't going anywhere until then...

We are better off realizing this now, instead of being disappointed when Rex is back next year.......

But when our new GM finds our new HC, I hope we find a GREAT offensive mind as HC, and he hires a hard nosed DC. NO MORE DEFENSIVE MINDED HC'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by carlito1171; 10-30-2012 at 05:30 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    You have stated so many times here and elsewhere that SUCKCHEZ is simply too short to be effective. He is proving that with all the batted down passes and INTS to DEs. I offer no excuses for Sucky. He failed in Schotty's system too in year three! Years one and two he had a great defense to bail him out. His games were not really great except for the NE playoff game! We have sucked ever since that game!

Schotty in NY is tantamount to a time bomb with his zillion critics and the doom and gloom brigade that needs a scapegoat to crucify. I feel the guy is better off in St. Louis and I doubt he'd ever come back here under any circumstances. I like dthe guy and felt he did fine bringing us to two AFCCG with a raw and possibly inadequate QB.

If Suckchez was 6ft 6 and could see over the onrushing DL, it would be one thing but you said it a million times and in the past and I agreed with you! He is too short and is unlike DREW Brees with great pocket awareness! Thus it works against him. He can not set his feet and sometimes his passes are woefully inadequate as well as inaccurate.

In NY Brian was also bypassed for HC in favor of the Buffoon. Baltimore sure had more insight into REX then we did. I really do not see Brian swallowing his pride to come here as second best! Yet I can see him in San Diego and being extremely successful as a HC.
    I think that Brian would make a great HC . If it were up to me i would get rid of 3 guys. Tanny and replace him with Marty . The guy knows football and football players. Rex is gone and replaced with Brian. Next i replace Sparano and replace him with Chad Penington. Pennington has played in the WCO,under Shoddy and Sparano.

Oh and I am keeping Pettine atleast for the 2013 yr and allowing him to be free to do what he wants to with the defense.

This mess is all Rex.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Schottenheimer
    I might throw out my Jets fan card if that happens

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put me in the Jon Gruden camp. For now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    lol won't have to worry bout answering this question for another year or 2....

Rex is under contract till 2014, and he ain't going anywhere until then...

We are better off realizing this now, instead of being disappointed when Rex is back next year.......

But when our new GM finds our new HC, I hope we find a GREAT offensive mind as HC, and he hires a hard nosed DC. NO MORE DEFENSIVE MINDED HC'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So you think. Just wait until the Jets get ran through for a couple 30 point beatdowns,.

Oh wait.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brad Childress.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InsideBlitz View Post
    Brad Childress.
    Wasn't he the one who coached the Vikings?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW...I heard Franchesa today and in his opinion, he didn't claim any "sauces", Woody loves Rex and thinks he'll be back another season (please NO!). He thinks it's possible Tanny could be out or at least have his personnel authority removed..

Again, no "sauces" just his opinion..He also said the Jets org has screwed up Sanchez..Still thinks he is/can be a good QB..Feels Rex isn't a HC..

Just thought I would pass it along.

As for the question. I want Holmgren as HC..Let him hire his OC to groom to replace him as HC when he decides to "retire" again from coaching. I'd also be OK with Andy Reid (altho I think he needs a year off) or Jay Gruden is an interesting name/option

I don't want Homgren as GM or anything other than HC...

As for Cowher...After four (including Groh) consecutive D coaches becoming the Jets HC it's time for an offensive minded HC...Especially in this day of NFL age of pass, pass and more pass...
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-30-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that Brian would make a great HC . If it were up to me i would get rid of 3 guys. Tanny and replace him with Marty . The guy knows football and football players. Rex is gone and replaced with Brian. Next i replace Sparano and replace him with Chad Penington. Pennington has played in the WCO,under Shoddy and Sparano.

Oh and I am keeping Pettine atleast for the 2013 yr and allowing him to be free to do what he wants to with the defense.

This mess is all Rex.
    Brian will be a great HC in San Diego. In NY he will be scrtuinized too much! He has a zillion haters here. Of course winning changes minds quickly! But I do not think he'd come here for the reasons I stated previously! I am curious about what has Pettine shown you to keep him? He is a carbon copy of REX RYAN in thought and deed. A new broom sweeps clean! I do not see saddeling a new HC with a leftover DC. That happened with SCHOTTY and it did not really work out! You keep saying that this is all REX. Is anyone disagreeing with you?
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 10-30-2012 at 06:43 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    So you think. Just wait until the Jets get ran through for a couple 30 point beatdowns,.

Oh wait.
    So you're just gonna leave out the part where I said to hire a hard nose DC as well right, lol cool!!

How often do the Giants get blown out with their offensive minded HC Tom Coughlin? Don't worry I'll wait.....

And wanna know why they don't? Because he has a very good DC in Perry Fewell....

The problem I have with DC's that become HC's is that they think they can control the ball and limit turnovers on offense and their defense will win all the games for them. Sorry pal, You have to have a QB and you have to air the ball out to win SB's in this league nowadays......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Again, no "sauces" just his opinion..He also said the Jets org has screwed up Sanchez..Still thinks he is/can be a good QB..Feels Rex isn't a HC..
    So in other words, Fatcessa is agreeing with SAR.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    So you're just gonna leave out the part where I said to hire a hard nose DC as well right, lol cool!!

How often do the Giants get blown out with their offensive minded HC Tom Coughlin? Don't worry I'll wait.....

And wanna know why they don't? Because he has a very good DC in Perry Fewell....

The problem I have with DC's that become HC's is that they think they can control the ball and limit turnovers on offense and their defense will win all the games for them. Sorry pal, You have to have a QB and you have to air the ball out to win SB's in this league nowadays......
    My humor sucks, sorrry.

No, im actually with you 100%. Blow it up, and start fresh. At least there will be hope.

No player/coach/staff member should be immune to the offseason implosion. Start producing NOW, or get your out of town ticket stamped in the offseason.

Yes, Mark sucks, and i too have seen more than enough. Personally, i knew at the end of last season.......and the crapball just keeps on rolling downhill, sucking up players in its path.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason423 makes a strong case that Tanny and Rex should have a chance to develop the next Franchise QB. He echos Francesser; agees that the Jets FO did a horrendous job of developing #6 (as in: he shows no growth after 3+ seasons).