Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Jets Tweets 10/30: Slow News Day Edition

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like

    Jets Tweets 10/30: Slow News Day Edition

    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 2:05 PM on Tue, Oct 30, 2012:
    Got some internet so #Jets #Dolphins film review can resume. Had "not good" written before the power went out. Anyone think I need more?


    Conor Orr (@ConorTOrr) tweeted at 4:13 PM on Tue, Oct 30, 2012:
    Apologize for the delay, but here's the #Jets and #Dolphins film review: http://t.co/V58WqVVL


    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 5:02 PM on Tue, Oct 30, 2012:
    Jets didn't hire Sparano to implement plays like using Tebow in Wildcat. How do I know that? He was hired 2 months before Tebow trade #nyj

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Slow news day Edition' is right.

    But that's understandable since Sandy kept everyone's attention.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    Released Grimes and Muir, cut Landolt from the PS.

    Bye bye Grime Time

    “@CBSJets: #Jets have released DT Daniel Muir and waived RB Jonathan Grimes.”

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Released Grimes and Muir, cut Landolt from the PS.

    Bye bye Grime Time

    @CBSJets: #Jets have released DT Daniel Muir and waived RB Jonathan Grimes.
    2 roster spots open.

    Sapp to the 53 man roster please! RHill resigned?

    Oh heck. Who cares anymore. This franchise is a joke.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    2 roster spots open.

    Sapp to the 53 man roster please! RHill resigned?

    Oh heck. Who cares anymore. This franchise is a joke.
    It's like Musical Chairs.


    First one to grab a seat wins....

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,998
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much for Grimes' potential. Can't wait to see the return of the great Jason Hill

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 5:51 PM on Tue, Oct 30, 2012:
    By cutting Grimes, #Jets must be confident Powell (shoulder) will be back.


    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 5:57 PM on Tue, Oct 30, 2012:
    Jets also announce that OL Dennis Landolt has been released from the practice squad

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    'Slow news day Edition' is right.

    But that's understandable since Sandy kept everyone's attention.
    True. More pressing matters than football.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets RapidReports (@CBSJets) tweeted at 5:59 PM on Tue, Oct 30, 2012:
    #Jets active roster now stands at 51 - two open spots. Practice stands at 6 - one open spot.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,632
    Post Thanks / Like
    wonder if this means their going to go after Blount or Ivory with a 7th rounder. interesting moves. maybe their going to promote some of the young guys to get some time, essentially throwing in the towel on the season.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    wonder if this means their going to go after Blount or Ivory with a 7th rounder. interesting moves. maybe their going to promote some of the young guys to get some time, essentially throwing in the towel on the season.
    They won't go after Blount or Ivory because that would make too much sense and the Jets MO is not about "making sense". It's about making as much of a clusterfrick as possible and making money(Woody) off of it.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 7:09 PM on Tue, Oct 30, 2012:
    I've been critical of Mark Sanchez for his inconsistent play, but it's baffling how Jets have undermined a young QB who's showed promise

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,998
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 7:09 PM on Tue, Oct 30, 2012:
    I've been critical of Mark Sanchez for his inconsistent play, but it's baffling how Jets have undermined a young QB who's showed promise
    Nice grammar, Manish.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Nice grammar, Manish.
    Actually, that's correct grammar. Although, I think "shown" would be a better word than "showed".

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,998
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Actually, that's correct grammar. Although, I think "shown" would be a better word than "showed".
    "Who is showed promise" is correct grammar? Whose is the word he should've used.

    Trust me, journalismfag here.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    "Who is showed promise" is correct grammar? Whose is the word he should've used.

    Trust me, journalismfag here.
    Who's is a contraction for "who has" along with "who is" correct? Who has works though as McGinley stated, shown would have been the better choice.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,998
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Who's is a contraction for "who has" along with "who is" correct? Who has works though as McGinley stated, shown would have been the better choice.
    That Florida education system paying off.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    That Florida education system paying off.
    Nah nah man it's the binge drinking that follows every Sunday with this team. Kills dem brain cells I heards.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Who's is a contraction for "who has" along with "who is" correct? Who has works though as McGinley stated, shown would have been the better choice.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    "Who is showed promise" is correct grammar? Whose is the word he should've used.

    Trust me, journalismfag here.
    Negative. "Who's" is a contraction of "who is" as well as "who has". "Whose" is a possessive word, so that wouldn't work in a situation where we are trying to imply action.

    Lawyer'd.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us