Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Players cut....are we making room ???

Rookie

3 Players cut....are we making room ???

Jets | Three cut
    Tue, 30 Oct 2012 18:16:42 -0700

The New York Jets waived RB Jonathan Grimes Tuesday, Oct. 30, and cut OL Dennis Landolt and DL Daniel Muir from the practice squad, according to a source.

0 Comments | Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Rich Cimini | Share:

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2Aq4yiyM6

Yes, we're bringing in professional clowns and another sleep expert. We bowl now.

Cutting dead weight ... I see no real story here.

Right before the trade deadline? Sounds like we're getting someone, could be a huge move.

Uh. Cutting Grimes and Muir means Powell and Ellis will be ready for Seattle.
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-30-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Right before the trade deadline? Sounds like we're getting someone, could be a huge move.
    Thats what I was thinking. You never know !!

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    you big tease...

By cutting 3 practice squad players? Wow that must free up $100. It does not even open up a roster spot on the 53 man roster.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    By cutting 3 practice squad players? Wow that must free up $100. It does not even open up a roster spot on the 53 man roster.
    Grimes and Muir we're on the 53.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Thank you for the correction. I never seen them on the field and assumed all three were PS.

No need for facts.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Just because you're right doesn't mean you have to kill the buzz.

Ellis played well against the Texans - will be good to see if he can officially take over the starting NT position. Pouha could be a cap casualty in the offseason if that happens.

We'll probably bring somebody from the PS who was cut a few weeks ago back to fill Landlot's spot and with the two active roster positions, who knows and who cares. They're not going to add anyone of significance.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    No need for facts.
    The gist of my post is still the same, Your not saving any money that will allow a
    "huge move" But yes there is a roster spot

= Powell and Ellis

Practice Squad
    What's that have to do with them getting cut? Powell and Ellis were on the 53 man squad already. Means we have 2 slots to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    What's that have to do with them getting cut? Powell and Ellis were on the 53 man squad already. Means we have 2 slots to fill.
    But those two were injured and unable to play...They don't need them on the 53 man anymore

Grimes was signed when McKnight was moved to CB (or Powell got injured) I can't remember which...

Muir was signed when Ellis got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post
    It is the reason they were cut. They are no longer needed now that Powell and Ellis are healthy. I would imagine, the Jets will bring Ricky Sapp up from the practice squad since Scott's turf toe will be a problem for a while, they never replaced Mauga, Pace is looking old, and Maybin is ineffective. Also, since they have onyl 4 WR on the roster, I could them bringing up Jordan White from the practice sqaud.

Damn.

Grime Time® was awfully short.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    It is the reason they were cut. They are no longer needed now that Powell and Ellis are healthy. I would imagine, the Jets will bring Ricky Sapp up from the practice squad since Scott's turf toe will be a problem for a while, they never replaced Mauga, Pace is looking old, and Maybin is ineffective. Also, since they have onyl 4 WR on the roster, I could them bringing up Jordan White from the practice sqaud.
    Exactly what I speculated in the other thread announcing these cuts except I guessed resigning JHill instead of JWhite