Thread: In the Wake of Sandy, Chase Bank Has Your Back

All League

In the Wake of Sandy, Chase Bank Has Your Back

Just got this email from my credit card company, Chase Bank, titled "We're here to help you after Hurricane Sandy."

Earlier this week, we announced we will waive or automatically refund a number of fees through October 31st for our customers in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia and the District of Columbia. As the storm cleanup continues, we are extending those waivers through Thursday, November 1st, and to customers in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island.
    So in the week of the largest storm to ever hit the US East coast, Chase will grant me a one day extension (until Nov 1) to pay my credit card bills that are due Oct 31. No mention that playing into the decision is that due to downed computer systems and delayed paper mail they would be unable to process the millions of payments made on time anyway. So really this is just them looking out for themselves.

Absolutely pathetic. I terminate all business with Chase effective tomorrow. If my wife were a banker I'd be kicking her in the nuts at this moment.

Yeah... That's not melodramatic...

Your wife has nutz? Whoa...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Yeah... That's not melodramatic...

Really? A national bank, in the wake of a huge hurricane, extending their payment due dates by one day for payments their systems couldn't have handled anyway, and immediately using that minor extension as marketing material to portray themselves as "the bank with a heart.?"

So what bank, investment house, or similar bloodsucking enterprise do you work for?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Just got this email from my credit card company, Chase Bank, titled "We're here to help you after Hurricane Sandy."

So in the week of the largest storm to ever hit the US East coast, Chase will grant me a one day extension (until Nov 1) to pay my credit card bills that are due Oct 31. No mention that playing into the decision is that due to downed computer systems and delayed paper mail they would be unable to process the millions of payments made on time anyway. So really this is just them looking out for themselves.

Absolutely pathetic. I terminate all business with Chase effective tomorrow. If my wife were a banker I'd be kicking her in the nuts at this moment.
    So they gave you an extra day to pay which benefits you, but because you think their intentions were something other than simply your best interests you are going to "terminate all business with Chase effective tomorrow"? Yeah, this makes sense.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    So they gave you an extra day to pay which benefits you, but because you think their intentions were something other than simply your best interests you are going to "terminate all business with Chase effective tomorrow"? Yeah, this makes sense.
    common he means they were spinnin', Jethro. Spinnin'.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Okay, I've been waiting like 7 months for the perfect spot to use this one:

"I don't get the outrage."

BOOOM goes the dynamite.

All League
    Sigh. Emergency NY Relief Fund address:

Please send cash or checks to:

Chase Bank
    C/0 Whatever
    @Thanks Suckers
    Well Be Screwing Yer *****es

Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Okay, I've been waiting like 7 months for the perfect spot to use this one:

"I don't get the outrage."

BOOOM goes the dynamite.
    Guess you didn't notice that phrase is a registered trademark of southside®.... you'll be hearing from my lawyer, Stokes, whenever he returns.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post

Reading comprehension isn't my strong suit, but it seems to me the message said in addition to waiving fees through oct. 31, they will also give one more day to nov. 1.

But I'm not that smaht.

Wow, such support these days for big businesses that continue to rape the general public on a daily basis. Amazing how the perception of these thing have been turned upside down. Billionaires who understand the " common folk " , corporate executives making hundreds of millions on backs of there employees, all to willing to make sure there are plenty of 8.50 an hour jobs for everyone. How over the last ten years labor unions are part of some evil empire out to destroy America. I can envision in ten years a working slave class, and overstayers class, executive class and of course the elite ruling class. Guess in which category most of you lemmings will fall into.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Wow, such support these days for big businesses that continue to rape the general public on a daily basis. Amazing how the perception of these thing have been turned upside down. Billionaires who understand the " common folk " , corporate executives making hundreds of millions on backs of there employees, all to willing to make sure there are plenty of 8.50 an hour jobs for everyone. How over the last ten years labor unions are part of some evil empire out to destroy America. I can envision in ten years a working slave class, and overstayers class, executive class and of course the elite ruling class. Guess in which category most of you lemmings will fall into.
    I'm following SAR and his BMW

All League
    A little known sub-class called CHE.

They're kind of like the free masons.
    Last edited by Big L; 10-31-2012 at 08:57 AM.

You seem outraged.

Bewildered Beast
    I just changed you from "must-read" to "must smoke one with this guy".

Bloody Peasants!

No-

You have to lease your BMW until you are bumped up from overseer.

You are missing the details.

Jets Insider VIP
    I dumped Chase years ago as they are a sh!tty company with pathetic customer service. My decision was based upon their unwillingness to waive a $20 draft fee (first ever!) whilst I had a substantial amount of money in various accounts with them for 15+ years.

Went to Capital One, couldn't be more pleased.

Jets Insider VIP
    Are you friends with that Adema guy?

Bewildered Beast
    ADemas!