Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jags trying to get tebow

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are trading the wrong qb. Find a way to get sanchez off this team 1st. Then deal with tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN
    Tebow's presence in Jacksonville right now to visit family/friends during bye likely fueled speculation. But no talks w/Jags

This proves how stupid Manish is...

The trading deadline fueled the speculation..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a season filled with misery, something like this would at least eliminate the sheer embarrasment of watching our OC try to "confuse" the defense by having Tebow run a 10-yard ??? posing as a WR.

Seriously, is there anything worse than knowing your OC actually thinks it's a positive to take a WR off the field and have Tebow run a route in a passing situation?

Trade...please happen.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MMehtaNYDN
    But no talks w/Jags

I stubbornly refuse to acknowledge this until Thursday night.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry you had to see this mess in person Tim.

I can only equate the feeling to an uninvited guest knocking at your front door, when your house is a mess.

Best of wishes, and dont bash us Jets(fans) too hard in the media.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Even if it was true, Woody wouldnt trade him
    Fixed

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Rumors of Tim Tebow becoming a Jaguar swirl; don't be sucked in just yet

One story from Action Sports' Steve Wrigley claiming the Jaguars are in talks with the Jets to acquire Tim Tebow has sent the Twitterverse into an Exorcist-like head spin overnight.

Wrigley does not name the source(s) in his piece. Nevertheless, it was picked up by dozens of media outlets in the twilight hours, resurrecting the story that seemingly just won't die.

Within hours, bleacherreport.com, foxsports.com and other sites all ran with the story - citing Wrigley's story.

However, it should be noted that no other major media outlet has been able to independently confirm the trade talks. This is not to say it's not true - just that Tebow fans shouldn't start buying #15 Jaguars jerseys just yet.

There have also been some contradicting Wrigley, saying the two teams are not in talks about Tebow, like NFL.com's Albert Breer.

Whatever the case, one thing is certain: Any hint of a story involving Tebow will be certain to invite astronomically high attention - especially here in Jacksonville.

Ever since the record-setting quarterback won fame and national championships at the University of Florida, local fans have clamored for him to become a Jaguar.

It seems the mere possibility of Jacksonville's native son returning is enough to renew the hopes of Tebow's supporters and the ire of his detractors.

Just don't get too excited. We've heard it all before.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog...dont-be-sucked

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no way Khan does this. Gabbert is in his 2nd year and has absolutely no help outside of MJD. Thier attendance is way up this year and is the same percentage as the jets at 96% of the stadium.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    One could only "Tebow " and call to the Lord our God to answer this prayer. The Jets and Mike T especially should be **** canned if a deal for Tim becomes available for a fourth or better and the Jets reject the offer.
    This deal would solve two issues, it would remove the Tebow media circus and it would finally allow for GMac to dress and be ready to play.
    As far as the wildcat offense, Kerley can run it in a Brad Smith mode, if you ask me Kerley thru the best pass I saw all of last season and unlike Tim, he is fast and shifty and can run to both corners and throw better then Tim. DO THIS DEAL. !!!!!!!'nn
    It's not up to Mike T or anyone else in the Jets FO or Coaching staff...

It's Woody.....All Woody

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Woody.....All Woody
    This. X 100000000.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny
    Tim Tebow is not getting traded. The #Jets desperately need his one carry for two yards against Seattle.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just who humiliated who here?
    Being backup to the worst QB in the league isn't humiliating?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Woody.....All Woody
    If this were true wouldn't Woody demand they actually use him in a reasonable way?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    If this were true wouldn't Woody demand they actually use him in a reasonable way?
    It could still be coming...

He still has 2 1/2 yrs left on his contract...patience.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Despite my hopes, it's become clear there is a total disconnect betwen Owner and Front Office/Coach or between Owner/Fron Office and Coach.

The staff, clearly, did not want Tebow and will not play Tebow.

--The two-three "up the gut" ruyns they call each week for Tebow shows a staff consciously misusing an asset to spite someone above them.

--The utter and complete failure of Mark Sanchez to be even a below-average QB, whilst belching forth turnover after turnover and throwing less than ~25% of his passes accurately (and only around 50% completions overall) shows that they have no intention to ever play Tebow.

So as such, Tebow should be traded. Our staff doesn't want him and/or has no idea how to use him. Our staff is wedded to the total POS we have at QB in Sanchez, and has no plans to replace him no matter how badly he plays and fails.

So, the least we can do in such a circumstance is get SOMETHING of value in return for an underutilized and unwanted asset.

Make the trade. It won't make a difference to us, the Ryan Era is already over regardless.
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-31-2012 at 10:11 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny
    Tim Tebow is not getting traded. The #Jets desperately need his one carry for two yards against Seattle.
    spoken like a true veteran of many Jet campaigns to nowhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Despite my hopes, it's become clear there is a total disconnect betwen Owner and Front Office/Coach or between Owner/Fron Office and Coach.

--The two-three "up the gut" ruyns they call each week for Tebowshows a staff consciously misusing an asset to spite someone above them.

--The utter and complete failure of Mark Sanchez to be even a below-average QB, whilst belching forth turnover after turnover and throwing less than ~25% of his passes accurately (and only around 50% completions overall) shows that they have no intention to ever play Tebow.

So as such, Tebow should be traded. Our staff doesn't want him and/or has no idea how to use him. Our staff is wedded to the total POS we have at QB in Sanchez, and has no plans to replace him no matter how badly he plays and fails.

So, the least we can do in such a circumstance is get SOMETHING of value in return for an underutilized and unwanted asset.

Make the trade. It won;t make a difference to us, the Ryan Era is already over regardless.
    LOL!

Great post dude.

Be fair tho, they did let Tebow attempt that jump pass, that would have been a 1st down, had Epps' Knee ligaments not failed.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

--The two-three "up the gut" ruyns they call each week for Tebow shows a staff consciously misusing an asset to spite someone above them.

Make the trade. It won;t make a difference to us, the Ryan Era is already over regardless.
    I previously had not considered a rift between Ryan and Tanny, but I think it is a real possibility. It completely explains why Tanny was so high on the Tebow trade and the coaching staff talks up Tebow, but refuses to use him in even obvious situations. Just like Pop Fisher refused to play Roy Hobbs. Too bad Tebow could never be a Roy Hobbs. Heck, I'd be satisfied if Sanchez were at least a Bump Bailey.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow has value to a team as he "can" play multiple positions. On game day when you can only suit up 45 players that has value. He will need to go to a team with the understanding in that he will be a "slash" player. I think with an off season in working in an offense he can be an effective "H" back. Now that value is IMO a 6th or 7th as his salary is high for a player that will most likely get 5-10 snaps a game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I previously had not considered a rift between Ryan and Tanny, but I think it is a real possibility. It completely explains why Tanny was so high on the Tebow trade and the coaching staff talks up Tebow, but refuses to use him in even obvious situations. Just like Pop Fisher refused to play Roy Hobbs. Too bad Tebow could never be a Roy Hobbs. Heck, I'd be satisfied if Sanchez were at least a Bump Bailey.
    It's hard to imagine a different scenario but wouldn't Tanny simply Fire Rex?

If this is the case you're claiming Rex is purposely hurting the NYJ's for a spiteful purpose. That, to me, is hard to believe - but...I can't explain it any other way.