Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 10/31: "Gonna OD On Candy Tonight" Edition

Jets Tweets 10/31: "Gonna OD On Candy Tonight" Edition

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 3:14 AM on Wed, Oct 31, 2012:
    Jets and Jaguars have not had any trade discussions involving Tim Tebow, I'm told. #nyj

This really chaps my jimmies...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jets and Jaguars have not had any trade discussions involving Tim Tebow, I'm told. #nyj

well isn't gabbert hurt? i hope they get rid of this guy, i can't stand these fans at metlife cheering for tebow when sanchez gets sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    well isn't gabbert hurt? i hope they get rid of this guy, i can't stand these fans at metlife cheering for tebow when sanchez gets sacked.
    If Sackchez knew how to play the position you wouldn't hear the chants.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    If Sackchez knew how to play the position you wouldn't hear the chants.
    i'm sure it's sanchez's fault that until a couple weeks ago, his offensive line gave him 2 seconds to throw the ball. and i'm sure tebow wouldn't have gotten sacked too.

Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) tweeted at 9:59 AM on Wed, Oct 31, 2012:
    My mid-season report card: I don't think the Jets will get into a good college with these grades. #Jets http://t.co/aIgQG4eN

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 2:01 PM on Wed, Oct 31, 2012:
    RT @AdamHBeasley: Reggie Bush on Antonio Cromartie: "I've been called many things. Never a punk." #nyj

Just because the FO is denying something doesn't mean it's not true. The Jets are very skilled saying one thing and doing another.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Just because the FO is denying something doesn't mean it's not true. The Jets are very skilled saying one thing and doing another.
    "We're gonna win the Superbowl" - Rex

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    "We're gonna roll up our sleeves and get it corrected."

Jets Insider VIP
    and if they wanted McElroyor CHAD PENNINGTON/ HENNE you'd hate them too. face it! You are a Sanchez fan who does not care that the Jets are not currently winning. Plus Sanchez has played poorly! I guess that does not matter to Mark's fans!

Jets Insider VIP
    i'm sure it's sanchez's fault that until a couple weeks ago, his offensive line gave him 2 seconds to throw the ball. and i'm sure tebow wouldn't have gotten sacked too.
    And when he had 5 seconds to throw as in the Miami game he was still inaccurate! No pocket presence and a loser! But it does not bother his fans. They get so upset when anyone has anything to say about their hero. I am not into hero worship at all! I want the Jets to win a Super Bowl with or without SUCKCHEZ!

*********.com (@*********) tweeted at 2:28 PM on Wed, Oct 31, 2012:
    Has Mike Westhoff Already Retired? -- http://t.co/DfKYFe2D http://t.co/oXGakkmX

Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) tweeted at 2:49 PM on Wed, Oct 31, 2012:
    What happened to days when you could bowl in peace? RT @TheBigLead Tebow photographed w/new girlfriend in Jacksonville http://t.co/WQjiRWHU

@MoveTheSticks: Studying the NYJ, noticed Sanchez having issues with his feet. His eyes go through progressions but he doesn't reset his feet.

This has been an issue from day 1.

@MoveTheSticks: Big difference from MIA defensive front and NYJ defensive front. MIA has guys that can win 1-1's, NYJ dependent on scheme

Also an issue from day 1 of Rex's regime

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MoveTheSticks: Studying the NYJ, noticed Sanchez having issues with his feet. His eyes go through progressions but he doesn't reset his feet.

This has been an issue from day 1.
    This falls as much on Cavanaugh as it does Sanchez. Why he was retained is beyond me.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Waived Tuesday by #Jets RT “@McClain_on_NFL: Texans claimed rb Jonathan Grimes.”

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @MoveTheSticks: Big difference from MIA defensive front and NYJ defensive front. MIA has guys that can win 1-1's, NYJ dependent on scheme

Also an issue from day 1 of Rex's regime
    And we used two 1st's and a 3rd to reinforce our d-line. Should've used those picks on offensive skill players - receivers, runningbacks, tight ends...

I OD'd on it during the Hurricane when our power wentout on Mon. I had to reup about an hour ago. Back n business.. Also had to fix all my halloween decorations.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    And we used two 1st's and a 3rd to reinforce our d-line. Should've used those picks on offensive skill players - receivers, runningbacks, tight ends...
    This is one area where I actually won't kill the team. There's still some reasonable hope for these guys to develop into a formidable unit.

Really, it all goes back to the miss on Sanchez. If he's a top-15 QB at this point (a reasonable expectation of a 5th-overall pick in his 4th year), then the Jets are sitting at 5-3 or 6-2 and we're not lamenting the Dolphins ability to win 1-on-1 matchups.

The d-line definitely looked a lot better when the offense actually showed up a couple of weeks ago against the Colts.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Do they cheer for Tebow whn Mark throws game ending INT's, pick 6's, fumbles away the game in the pocket, or launches 4-6 passes into opposing line mans palms?

Never been to the Metlife, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Do they cheer for Tebow whn Mark throws game ending INT's, pick 6's, fumbles away the game in the pocket, or launches 4-6 passes into opposing line mans palms?

Never been to the Metlife, just curious.
    Haven't missed a game and never once heard a chant for teblow (however we did leave in 3Q last game) Lots of chants for McElroy though.