Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 10/31: "Gonna OD On Candy Tonight" Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    And we used two 1st's and a 3rd to reinforce our d-line. Should've used those picks on offensive skill players - receivers, runningbacks, tight ends...
    Why? They would just go undeveloped by Rex and his staff...

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    This falls as much on Cavanaugh as it does Sanchez. Why he was retained is beyond me.
    He's one of "Rex's guys"

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And we agree on this. Rex has brought in older players as his M.O. And traded away picks.

He, unknowingly, recognizes you are correct and would rather have a Holmes than a Hill.

Jets Insider VIP
    REX is a defensive minded coach. He always thinks defense first! You are right! They would be wasted with REX or undeveloped. IMO the big mistake was letting Edwards go and keeping Holmes. I still can not understand that!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    REX is a defensive minded coach. He always thinks defense first! You are right! They would be wasted with REX or undeveloped. IMO the big mistake was letting Edwards go and keeping Holmes. I still can not understand that!
    CMART is implying he can't develop players, both sides of the ball.

I think he is right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

I think he is right.
    C Mart has made that point for several weeks now. I agreed with him then and now. I still think REX has a flaw in that he usually thinks defense first, last always. Not saying he develped anyone to all -pro status. Wilson is a case in point. I do not see much improvement with Big Mo. How we can be so bad at OLB is amazing with a defensive minded coach like REX. I feel that ED REED and NGATA made life much better for REX. He is not doing it with us!

The Ravens sure knew what they were doing when they bypassed rex for their HC job.

C Mart has made that point for several weeks now. I agreed with him then and now. I still think REX has a flaw in that he usually thinks defense first, last always. Not saying he develped anyone to all -pro status. Wilson is a case in point. I do not see much improvement with Big Mo. How we can be so bad at OLB is amazing with a defensive minded coach like REX. I feel that ED REED and NGATA made life much better for REX. He is not doing it with us!

The Ravens sure knew what they were doing when they bypassed rex for their HC job.
    When you have Reed; Ngata; and Lewis on your do, you look brilliant. Rex, obviously, rode the coattails of their success.

I think he is right.
    Whoa...I think I should save this...

He and his staff....Sanchez has been ruined.

He can possibly be saved by an offensive mind with a history of developing QBs like a Holmgren...A Norv Turner (I know he blows as a HC and Rivers is sucking but as a pure OC Norv is pretty good)...Jay Gruden seems to have a good resume for a young guy..

Happy Halloween my friend..

The Ravens sure knew what they were doing when they bypassed rex for their HC job
    And Ray Lewis...And spot on, KJ!!!!

Jets Insider VIP

I said this a few times over the month.

The Ravens passed on their own DC to hire an assistant coach from Philly.

They knew he was a big mouth circus attraction and did not want that.

All League
    I still think Rex is one hell of a DC, head coaching may just not be his suit

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Just because the FO is denying something doesn't mean it's not true. The Jets are very skilled saying one thing and doing another.
    I hope they trade Sanchez. I wonder what pick we would have to give up to get rid of hm?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Just because the FO is denying something doesn't mean it's not true. The Jets are very skilled saying one thing and doing another.
    A skill in the JETS organization???? Really? That's a first for 2012.

@MoveTheSticks: Studying the NYJ, noticed Sanchez having issues with his feet. His eyes go through progressions but he doesn't reset his feet.

This has been an issue from day 1.
    Because he is not a good QB. He just doe not have the ability to do these things.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    I still think Rex is one hell of a DC, head coaching may just not be his suit
    Have you been actually watching the games? He is horrible coach accross the board . He can't evaluate, develop or motivate players. He used Mangini's players and after 4 drafts, this is what he puts on the field. Crap!!! He needs to go, along with Tanny and the entire staff, down to the ball boys.

All Pro
    I said this a few times over the month.

The Ravens passed on their own DC to hire an assistant coach from Philly.

They knew he was a big mouth circus attraction and did not want that.
    Are 10 - 15 SOJF repeating "Rex is a big mouth" 100x daily "big mouth" s too ? Seems like it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    This is one area where I actually won't kill the team. There's still some reasonable hope for these guys to develop into a formidable unit.

Really, it all goes back to the miss on Sanchez. If he's a top-15 QB at this point (a reasonable expectation of a 5th-overall pick in his 4th year), then the Jets are sitting at 5-3 or 6-2 and we're not lamenting the Dolphins ability to win 1-on-1 matchups.

The d-line definitely looked a lot better when the offense actually showed up a couple of weeks ago against the Colts.
    Don't agree at all. The whole roster is devoid of talent. I was just looking at profootballfocus's All Pro and All AFCE midseason teams and we (obviously) had zero for the All Pro team but for the AFCE team the Jets only had Cromartie and D'Brick. I looked over the lists and couldn't disagree, we really just don't have any good players. Pretty depressing.

We definitely need a new QB but if we don't add a lot of talent to this team the next QB is going to fail too.

Need more like him

@InsideNFLMedia: If you missed Chris Spielman: A Football Life, re-airs tonight at 1:00 AM ET & tomorrow at 3:00 PM ET on @nflnetwork

@nfl: In case you missed it... Chris Spielman: A Football Life --> http://t.co/40yfr3W7 #AFootballLife
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-31-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    This falls as much on Cavanaugh as it does Sanchez. Why he was retained is beyond me.
    Because he was brought back by default after every single person they interviewed didn't want the job.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    When you have Reed; Ngata; and Lewis on your do, you look brilliant. Rex, obviously, rode the coattails of their success.

Don't forget Suggs , Adalius Thomas, Chris McAlister. They were all pro bowlers back then.