Thread: McElroy now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Mark my words. New York Jets quarterback Greg McElroy will join another NFL team within the next year or two, and will become an elite quarterback."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    imo the biggest problem with sanchez is his decision making. his int's are all off of throwing into double coverage or not seeing other players who are open. i don't want to blame it all on him but both the texans and patsie games are on him. he didn't execute and he's lucky he didn't get sacked out of fg range against the patsies.

mcelroy? if the jets do reach win 8 before the end of the season, they should really try him out and see what happens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Alabama location may say you're a little biased towards McElroy. Unless you're an Auburn fan, of course.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    imo the biggest problem with sanchez is his decision making. his int's are all off of throwing into double coverage or not seeing other players who are open. i don't want to blame it all on him but both the texans and patsie games are on him. he didn't execute and he's lucky he didn't get sacked out of fg range against the patsies.

mcelroy? if the jets do reach win 8 before the end of the season, they should really try him out and see what happens.
    how about when they reach loss 8 before the end of the season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite sentence is this one, both for its commas, and, dare I say, it's awesomeness:
    "Sure, he is an entertaining player, in fact, I much rather seem him throw an interception than see Mark Sanchez throw one, to be quite honest with you."

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The International Business Times aka some guy's blog.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, I want mcelroy to start too, but he wouldn't be an elite qb with the arm strength he has. Theres just no way

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team has no weapons, was dead in the water since we caught glimpses in July.

McElroy, Sanchez, Tebow, Elway, Marino, Kelly, Montana, Manning, Baugh, Starr, Unitas, no quarterback could succeed with the crappy offense we have.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    Lol, I want mcelroy to start too, but he wouldn't be an elite qb with the arm strength he has. Theres just no way

Not knockin anybody saying this - but where exactly do we have proof of his terrible arm/ noodle arm etc...

Are we basing this on actual plays/practice that we've seen, or does it all come from somebody's draft report?

Interested to know, when I watched him in the preseasons, I did not notice it, but I wasn't exactly looking for it... I was actually impressed. Looked like he had the jitters at the very start of the preseason last year, but seemed to clear that up and perform well as the game went on.

All I hear is "he can't break glass with a bowling ball" etc, but I just want to know if this is actually based on facts. Can anybody provide anything?

I've seen scouting reports say:

"slightly above average arm strength and pretty consistent accuracy...McElroy also has pretty sound mechanics as far as footwork and his throwing motion is concerned."

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.c...outing-report/

"Displays better-than-expected arm strength on intermediate throws...Has not shown the big-time arm to make all the deep throws."

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...b-greg-mcelroy

My other thing about arm strength... can it not be improved in the weight room?

43 out of 50 on the Wonderlic is pretty impressive, regardless. Maybe Julio Jones made him look better than he was at Bama?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada View Post
    Not knockin anybody saying this - but where exactly do we have proof of his terrible arm/ noodle arm etc...

Are we basing this on actual plays/practice that we've seen, or does it all come from somebody's draft report?

Interested to know, when I watched him in the preseasons, I did not notice it, but I wasn't exactly looking for it... I was actually impressed. Looked like he had the jitters at the very start of the preseason last year, but seemed to clear that up and perform well as the game went on.

All I hear is "he can't break glass with a bowling ball" etc, but I just want to know if this is actually based on facts. Can anybody provide anything?

I've seen scouting reports say:

"slightly above average arm strength and pretty consistent accuracy...McElroy also has pretty sound mechanics as far as footwork and his throwing motion is concerned."

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.c...outing-report/

"Displays better-than-expected arm strength on intermediate throws...Has not shown the big-time arm to make all the deep throws."

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...b-greg-mcelroy

My other thing about arm strength... can it not be improved in the weight room?

43 out of 50 on the Wonderlic is pretty impressive, regardless. Maybe Julio Jones made him look better than he was at Bama?
    There's no doubt he's in the lower-tier when it comes to arm strength. But at this point, the question has to be, is it enough to compete against #1 defenses? If his arm strength is equal to Pennington's, then it's enough to win games in this league. Since the only film on him is against guys who are probably not on rosters at this point, hard to say.

The deep ball in this clip is a true floater...but it does hit the receiver in the hands. And the pass at :37 definitely had something on it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zf3YXWqO3w