Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida 4th. Grade Class

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Florida 4th. Grade Class

Here's a story, my wife is an AP at a charter elementary school, today the 4th grade class had to choose a famous Floridian to whom they admire most and want to be like, they had to write a report about that person and dress up as that person.
    There are 104 fourth graders, about 20% of the class dressed as Tim Tebow. Gator uniforms, Bronco uniforms and Jet uniforms were all present, and the kids were not necessarily fans of those teams. That is pretty inspirational, you want a roll model, an athlete for your kid to look up to, you can't do better then Tebow.
    The Jet organization can't see the leadership, tenacity, heart, drive, attitude, and winning ability this guy has. You want to see something good, look through the eyes of children. Woody, fire Rex and Tanny and hire one of these 4th. graders, if you do , Tebow will be the starter and by the end of the season you will have a winning record.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tebow's mom

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No one has ever denied Tebow is a great person. That being said, stating he should be a starter because 4th graders like him among other things, is one of the dumbest things I have ever read here.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Hi Tebow's mom
    LOL

Veteran
    Rochester, NY--Originally from Long Island
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Here's a story, my wife is an AP at a charter elementary school, today the 4th grade class had to choose a famous Floridian to whom they admire most and want to be like, they had to write a report about that person and dress up as that person.
    There are 104 fourth graders, about 20% of the class dressed as Tim Tebow. Gator uniforms, Bronco uniforms and Jet uniforms were all present, and the kids were not necessarily fans of those teams. That is pretty inspirational, you want a roll model, an athlete for your kid to look up to, you can't do better then Tebow.
    The Jet organization can't see the leadership, tenacity, heart, drive, attitude, and winning ability this guy has. You want to see something good, look through the eyes of children. Woody, fire Rex and Tanny and hire one of these 4th. graders, if you do , Tebow will be the starter and by the end of the season you will have a winning record.
    Yeah and I'm sure 20% of those same kids believe in Santa and the Easter bunny, what's your point. And the really sad thing is that you have the same man crush on Tebow as those 9 year olds. That's pathetic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Tim Tebow seems like a tremendous young man with great morals. I just don't think he can pass.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    I think Tim Tebow seems like a tremendous young man with great morals. I just don't think he can pass.
    I only have one question, do you think he can win?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, but it's getting to the point that I almost wish they would start him so we don't have to go through the same BS next year too. Get the Tebow abortion over with this year and get rid of him...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    Neither can Suckchez and yet you want him to be our QB.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, but it's getting to the point that I almost wish they would start him so we don't have to go through the same BS next year too. Get the Tebow abortion over with this year and get rid of him...
    and what happens if he starts us on the road to winning? Will you wake up?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    LMAO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Neither can Suckchez and yet you want him to be our QB.
    I'm so sick of our offense/team in general I wouldn't care if Tebow started the rest of the year. Do I think he can win a super bowl in this passing league? No. Could he win more games than Sanchez? Possibly. I love everything about Tebow except his passing ability. We're comparing the bottom two completion percentages in football.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    and what happens if he starts us on the road to winning? Will you wake up?
    It depends on how he plays. If it's the same crap as what he did last year in Denver then he can walk. Remember the Jets won games with Sanchez too even though he didn't play great.

Tebow might be able to win some games finishing up this year, but he will never win a Super Bowl. He doesn't have the game for it... So lets just get it over with and try to find that magical franchise QB that can win it all with no talent around him...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was cool to hear.
    Im rooting for Tebow, because i do like him as a person, i do hope my kids can find an athlete like him to look up to when they are older, and yes, i also support him because of his Christian beliefs.

I also think he could be a great motivational factor to this team, and from what i have seen and read about this team, they could use alot of motivation and fire.

I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to see him play more as a New York Jet.

Tebow deserves a chance to fail. Give him a few games, and see what he can offer. He certainly cant be worse than Suckchez.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends on how he plays. If it's the same crap as what he did last year in Denver then he can walk. Remember the Jets won games with Sanchez too even though he didn't play great.

Tebow might be able to win some games finishing up this year, but he will never win a Super Bowl. He doesn't have the game for it... So lets just get it over with and try to get that franchise QB that can win it all
    Neither will Sanchez, but Mark should still be the starter if Rex and the FO aren't interested in foregoing the season and preparing for the draft.

Tim is successful when the Defense keeps the opposing Offense to around 13-16 points. And even then, you better hope Nick Folk can bang 50+ yarders to win the game consistently. If you can do those things, then Tim can have success. Tim being a winner and making his team great is truly a myth. He's a nice 30-for-30 feel good story, but he's not an NFL QB.

Stick with Sanchez or go with McElroy if you want to try for the playoffs, go with Tim if you want to start planning for the draft and get a few highlight runs on Sportscenter for attention.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Neither will Sanchez, but Mark should still be the starter if Rex and the FO aren't interested in foregoing the season and preparing for the draft.

Tim is successful when the Defense keeps the opposing Offense to around 13-16 points. And even then, you better hope Nick Folk can bang 50+ yarders to win the game consistently. If you can do those things, then Tim can have success. Tim being a winner and making his team great is truly a myth. He's a nice 30-for-30 feel good story, but he's not an NFL QB.

Stick with Sanchez or go with McElroy if you want to try for the playoffs, go with Tim if you want to start planning for the draft and get a few highlight runs on Sportscenter for attention.
    Exactly...Agree 100%

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad that kids finally can look up to gay role model, but did any of them see him whiff on his punt protection last week?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm glad that kids finally can look up to gay role model, but did any of them see him whiff on his punt protection last week?
    Thats because he was traded for to be a QB not a punt protector, blame that on coaching not Tebow, same as the ball that hit him in the helmet, don't blame him blame coaching, they put him in those spots.

Put Sanchez in as LB and lets see what success he has.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    BTW your going to hell.