Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida 4th. Grade Class

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Actually Sunshine, I can post interview vids from a number of current NFL players and coaches who readily credit Tebow for LEADING the Broncos to the playoffs.
    Yea, same way Belichick praises bad teams and talks about how good they are after he finishes destroying them. All politics, buddy.

Come on, Demos. You gotta try harder than that, my man.

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    The QB yes, usually is considered the leader, tell me who the leader was on that team? Kyle Orton wasn't? My friend it was all Tebow, he has that ability to raise everyones game and he did in Denver, you are in denial if you didn't recognize that.

As if your response about High School and College wasn't a predictable response, that is the quick and easy answer isn't it? He was both of those teams. I live in Florida and know his whole career, you have no clue on how he, and almost he alone led that High School team to a State Championship.
    The Gators, I don't even need to defend his greatness there.

But the point, the point is about leadership, heart, will, determination, refusal to accept failure, these are why he is a success and will be one in the NFL. You obviously believe a QB needs none of those, only a throwing motion and quick release is your litmus test. You obviously believe that, because Sanchez has none of them, but he he looks better throwing the ball so yeah let's go with that. Gimme a break.

Didn't know Tim was kicking 50+ yard game winnings FGs, or holding Offenses to 13-16 points. Interesting.

GO TEBOW! WOO!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yea, same way Belichick praises bad teams and talks about how good they are after he finishes destroying them. All politics, buddy.

Come on, Demos. You gotta try harder than that, my man.
    Tthing is, there's all sorts of vague platitudes that guys coaches could use. It says something when they specifically talk about him leading the Broncos out of a hole and into the playoffs.

Or like when Ryan Clark rather candidly stated that Tebow beat the Steelers. Or how Babineaux from Atlanta talked about what Tebow did.

Yes, the defense stepped up and played very well, but in 6 of those games, Tebow led come from behind, game winning drives. THAT is what got Denver into the playoffs.

Tthing is, there's all sorts of vague platitudes that guys coaches could use. It says something when they specifically talk about him leading the Broncos out of a hole and into the playoffs.

Or like when Ryan Clark rather candidly stated that Tebow beat the Steelers. Or how Babineaux from Atlanta talked about what Tebow did.

Yes, the defense stepped up and played very well, but in 6 of those games, Tebow led come from behind, game winning drives. THAT is what got Denver into the playoffs.
    Yea, I agree except on two parts; The D had NOTHING to do with it, and neither did Matt Prater.

TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Here's a story, my wife is an AP at a charter elementary school, today the 4th grade class had to choose a famous Floridian to whom they admire most and want to be like, they had to write a report about that person and dress up as that person.
    There are 104 fourth graders, about 20% of the class dressed as Tim Tebow. Gator uniforms, Bronco uniforms and Jet uniforms were all present, and the kids were not necessarily fans of those teams. That is pretty inspirational, you want a roll model, an athlete for your kid to look up to, you can't do better then Tebow.
    The Jet organization can't see the leadership, tenacity, heart, drive, attitude, and winning ability this guy has. You want to see something good, look through the eyes of children. Woody, fire Rex and Tanny and hire one of these 4th. graders, if you do , Tebow will be the starter and by the end of the season you will have a winning record.
    I think when Tim Tebow is 80 years old, his football career will be just a footnote in his life's story.

Practice Squad

Didn't know Tim was kicking 50+ yard game winnings FGs, or holding Offenses to 13-16 points. Interesting.

GO TEBOW! WOO!
    You really must not know football or you just don't read well. Tebow last year scored 18 TD's to 6 INT's, thats a 3:1 TD to INT ratio. Not too bad. Sanchez career, 77 TD's to 60 INT's, not close to 3:1.

Tebow had many sustained drives which may have led to just 3 points but more importantly his Defense loved him, they were off the field and came in fresh. Sanchez, who I know you would rather see as starting QB then Tim, is a Defense's worse nightmare. Either 3 and out 1:30 min. drive and D back on field or fumble and D back on field again. BTW the 3 and outs usually have many innaccurate passes in there.

Your reply about FG's and Defense therefore was somewhat accurate and Tebow did have much to do about that. It's called game management, help your teammates do their job better. You and I both know the Jet defense has no lovefest for Mark

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I think when Tim Tebow is 80 years old, his football career will be just a footnote in his life's story.
    Thank you Confucious, but you're probably right. Even he states that is his goal. But it still will not take away from what he can attain in this game.

You really must not know football or you just don't read well. Tebow last year scored 18 TD's to 6 INT's, thats a 3:1 TD to INT ratio. Not too bad. Sanchez career, 77 TD's to 60 INT's, not close to 3:1.

Tebow had many sustained drives which may have led to just 3 points but more importantly his Defense loved him, they were off the field and came in fresh. Sanchez, who I know you would rather see as starting QB then Tim, is a Defense's worse nightmare. Either 3 and out 1:30 min. drive and D back on field or fumble and D back on field again. BTW the 3 and outs usually have many innaccurate passes in there.

Your reply about FG's and Defense therefore was somewhat accurate and Tebow did have much to do about that. It's called game management, help your teammates do their job better. You and I both know the Jet defense has no lovefest for Mark
    It's ok, you've convinced me. TEBOW DA BEST QB OF ALL TIME! WE'RE SO LUCKY TO HAVE HIM AS OUR STARTING QB! WOOOOOOO! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!

It's ok, you've convinced me. TEBOW DA BEST QB OF ALL TIME! WE'RE SO LUCKY TO HAVE HIM AS OUR STARTING QB! WOOOOOOO! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!
    That's better

The QB yes, usually is considered the leader, tell me who the leader was on that team? Kyle Orton wasn't? My friend it was all Tebow, he has that ability to raise everyones game and he did in Denver, you are in denial if you didn't recognize that.

As if your response about High School and College wasn't a predictable response, that is the quick and easy answer isn't it? He was both of those teams. I live in Florida and know his whole career, you have no clue on how he, and almost he alone led that High School team to a State Championship.
    The Gators, I don't even need to defend his greatness there.

But the point, the point is about leadership, heart, will, determination, refusal to accept failure, these are why he is a success and will be one in the NFL. You obviously believe a QB needs none of those, only a throwing motion and quick release is your litmus test. You obviously believe that, because Sanchez has none of them, but he he looks better throwing the ball so yeah let's go with that. Gimme a break.
    Soo Mark Sanchez has led two teams to the AFC Championship Game then? Oh that's right these rules only apply to Tebow... my bad....

Practice Squad
    You know, it would be nice if you just tried to see the benefit of having a QB with leadership abilities and the abilities to make everyone around them better.
    It's not always about x's and O's, stats, or a gunslinger arm. The QB position more then any other needs the intangibles. Tim has those. Thats why I produced his HS, College and pro stats. Not because he's a great passing QB but because he possesses all the other intangibles that make a winner.

Bottom line, he deserves the oppurtunity at the least . To continue down this road with Sanchez is an embarrassment to us around the league and the use of Tebow up to this point has made the predicament even worse.

Just give him the oppurtunity then one of us will be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Believe it or not, the USA was built on the beliefs, values, and morals of Christianity.

See how so many people have strayed for God in this country, and look at was has transpired as those beliefs have dimmed.

If you are ok with it, thats fine. I would never push my beliefs on you or anyone, but i do have rights in this country, which was founded under God, to express mine, and i do so regularly.

Go Tim, Go Christianity, and Go GOD!!!!
    What has dimmed is American Education (unfortunately).

Actually, many of the founding fathers were Deists not Christians so that whole "Christian Nation" thing doesn't jive with reality. Some Founding Fathers were Unitarians as well. There were Christians but it was a mixed bag of beliefs.

I won't take up the thread with this argument but Deism was popular during the Founding Fathers time period and was the belief by many of the intellectual crowd.

Believe what you will but if you research it, you'll see I'm correct. I won't take any of this thread up on it though.

That's better
    You're my favorite Tebowite, Demos.

You know, it would be nice if you just tried to see the benefit of having a QB with leadership abilities and the abilities to make everyone around them better.
    It's not always about x's and O's, stats, or a gunslinger arm. The QB position more then any other needs the intangibles. Tim has those. Thats why I produced his HS, College and pro stats. Not because he's a great passing QB but because he possesses all the other intangibles that make a winner.

Bottom line, he deserves the oppurtunity at the least . To continue down this road with Sanchez is an embarrassment to us around the league and the use of Tebow up to this point has made the predicament even worse.

Just give him the oppurtunity then one of us will be proven wrong.
    Bro, what are you talking about? I'M EXCITED! TEBOW'S GONNA LEAD US TO THE SUPERBOWL! HE'S GONNA SOLIDIFY HIMSELF AS A HOFer! HE'S GONNA SHOW HE'S BETTER THAN BRADY, BOTH MANNINGS, BREES, AND RODGERS PUT TOGETHER! WOOOOO!TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!

Bewildered Beast
    Here's a story, my wife is an AP at a charter elementary school, today the 4th grade class had to choose a famous Floridian to whom they admire most and want to be like, they had to write a report about that person and dress up as that person.
    There are 104 fourth graders, about 20% of the class dressed as Tim Tebow. Gator uniforms, Bronco uniforms and Jet uniforms were all present, and the kids were not necessarily fans of those teams. That is pretty inspirational, you want a roll model, an athlete for your kid to look up to, you can't do better then Tebow.
    The Jet organization can't see the leadership, tenacity, heart, drive, attitude, and winning ability this guy has. You want to see something good, look through the eyes of children. Woody, fire Rex and Tanny and hire one of these 4th. graders, if you do , Tebow will be the starter and by the end of the season you will have a winning record.
    vinnie wat about the pats? I don't think that stuff impresses them.

Actually I am quite sure they don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    vinnie wat about the pats? I don't think that stuff impresses them.

Actually I am quite sure they don't care.

The Pats worship the Devil

Bewildered Beast
    JetSetter, good for you. I also share your beliefs. I pray to God daily and attend Mass weekly. I also do not push my beliefs on others but pray that the masses will return to what is right and good.
    Shea Stadium?

Practice Squad
    Bro, what are you talking about? I'M EXCITED! TEBOW'S GONNA LEAD US TO THE SUPERBOWL! HE'S GONNA SOLIDIFY HIMSELF AS A HOFer! HE'S GONNA SHOW HE'S BETTER THAN BRADY, BOTH MANNINGS, BREES, AND RODGERS PUT TOGETHER! WOOOOO!TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW!
    I think my first line already acknowledged your sarcasm, I tried to throw out some sort of Olive Branch but you want nothing to do with that. Sorry for the attempt.

Bewildered Beast

GO TEBOW! WOO!
    MCGIFLEY!

I think my first line already acknowledged your sarcasm, I tried to throw out some sort of Olive Branch but you want nothing to do with that. Sorry for the attempt.
    What? DUUUUUUUDE, I'M READY FOR TEBOW TIME! SARCASM? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT! TEEEEEEEEEEEBOW! TEEEEEEEEEEEEEBOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc