Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 139

Thread: Florida 4th. Grade Class

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I'm glad that kids finally can look up to gay role model, but did any of them see him whiff on his punt protection last week?


    Get lost, troll.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    BTW your going to hell.
    That's not a very nice thing to say.

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    BTW your going to hell.
    Wow.

  4. #24
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    BTW your going to hell.
    Why?

    (And it's "you're")

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Neither will Sanchez, but Mark should still be the starter if Rex and the FO aren't interested in foregoing the season and preparing for the draft.

    Tim is successful when the Defense keeps the opposing Offense to around 13-16 points. And even then, you better hope Nick Folk can bang 50+ yarders to win the game consistently. If you can do those things, then Tim can have success. Tim being a winner and making his team great is truly a myth. He's a nice 30-for-30 feel good story, but he's not an NFL QB.

    Stick with Sanchez or go with McElroy if you want to try for the playoffs, go with Tim if you want to start planning for the draft and get a few highlight runs on Sportscenter for attention.
    Never occurred to me they may actually be leaving Mark in just to get a higher draft pick, due to his suckage.

    Not the craziest thing ive heard this week.

    Also, as far as your second comment
    Tim is successful when the Defense keeps the opposing Offense to around 13-16 points
    Well, from what i saw last season, Tebow actually HELPED the D out by sustaining long, albeit boring, drives. When Tebow was running effectively last season, i saw multiple 6-8 minute drives down the field. Score or not, that helps your defense immensely.

    Where as in MArk, you just never know when you are going to get that int, pick 6, fumble in the pocket, or swatted pass. Ive seen so many MArk Sanchez led 3 n outs, that if i was a defensive player, i wouldnt be the most inspired player watching my hard work repaid by consecutive 3 n outs.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Never occurred to me they may actually be leaving Mark in just to get a higher draft pick, due to his suckage.

    Not the craziest thing ive heard this week.

    Also, as far as your second comment

    Well, from what i saw last season, Tebow actually HELPED the D out by sustaining long, albeit boring, drives. When Tebow was running effectively last season, i saw multiple 6-8 minute drives down the field. Score or not, that helps your defense immensely.

    Where as in MArk, you just never know when you are going to get that int, pick 6, fumble in the pocket, or swatted pass. Ive seen so many MArk Sanchez led 3 n outs, that if i was a defensive player, i wouldnt be the most inspired player watching my hard work repaid by consecutive 3 n outs.
    Pretty sure the Broncos O was 3-and-Out city last year.

    I know you like him as a guy and, IIRC, share his beliefs, but that doesn't mean he should be our starter. Tim just isn't good enough to justify benching Mark. I definitely don't enjoy Mark as my QB, but I would rather him over Tim any day of the week. Tim just wouldn't increase our chances of winning. Sorry.

    Either way, this entire circus act needs to go. Rex, Tanny, Mark, Tim. The whole thing is just an utter embarrassment.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    This was cool to hear.
    Im rooting for Tebow, because i do like him as a person, i do hope my kids can find an athlete like him to look up to when they are older, and yes, i also support him because of his Christian beliefs.

    I also think he could be a great motivational factor to this team, and from what i have seen and read about this team, they could use alot of motivation and fire.

    I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to see him play more as a New York Jet.

    Tebow deserves a chance to fail. Give him a few games, and see what he can offer. He certainly cant be worse than Suckchez.
    This stuff has no business in football or the Landing Strip. Religion is not a good thing. There are only three reasons that people start wars; land, food/resources, and religion. Only two of those things are necessary. The world would be a better place without religion.

  8. #28
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Why?

    (And it's "you're")
    Simple - "thou shall not take the Lord's name in vain"

  9. #29
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    This stuff has no business in football or the Landing Strip. Religion is not a good thing. There are only three reasons that people start wars; land, food/resources, and religion. Only two of those things are necessary. The world would be a better place without religion.
    I disagree with everything else but that.

    This isn't church, this isn't a missionary trip; we don't need Tebow as our starter. Tim seems like a really cool guy and all, but sharing his faith isn't a justifiable reason to think he should start.

    More and more, I see people that care more about his faith or his "Cinderella story" than they do about his QB "abilities". There is no reason why this guy should be our starter. There just ins't.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    This stuff has no business in football or the Landing Strip. Religion is not a good thing. There are only three reasons that people start wars; land, food/resources, and religion. Only two of those things are necessary. The world would be a better place without religion.
    Believe it or not, the USA was built on the beliefs, values, and morals of Christianity.

    See how so many people have strayed for God in this country, and look at was has transpired as those beliefs have dimmed.

    If you are ok with it, thats fine. I would never push my beliefs on you or anyone, but i do have rights in this country, which was founded under God, to express mine, and i do so regularly.


    Go Tim, Go Christianity, and Go GOD!!!!

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,436
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I disagree with everything else but that.

    This isn't church, this isn't a missionary trip; we don't need Tebow as our starter. Tim seems like a really cool guy and all, but sharing his faith isn't a justifiable reason to think he should start.

    More and more, I see people that care more about his faith or his "Cinderella story" than they do about his QB "abilities". There is no reason why this guy should be our starter. There just ins't.
    Does he preach the word on Sundays?

  12. #32
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Believe it or not, the USA was built on the beliefs, values, and morals of Christianity.

    See how so many people have strayed for God in this country, and look at was has transpired as those beliefs have dimmed.

    If you are ok with it, thats fine. I would never push my beliefs on you or anyone, but i do have rights in this country, which was founded under God, to express mine, and i do so regularly.


    Go Tim, Go Christianity, and Go GOD!!!!

  13. #33
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I disagree with everything else but that.

    This isn't church, this isn't a missionary trip; we don't need Tebow as our starter. Tim seems like a really cool guy and all, but sharing his faith isn't a justifiable reason to think he should start.

    More and more, I see people that care more about his faith or his "Cinderella story" than they do about his QB "abilities". There is no reason why this guy should be our starter. There just ins't.
    OK, lets leave Religion out, football only:

    High school: 9,810 passing yards, 3,186 rushing yards, 95 passing TD's and 62 rushing TD's = 157 TD's, led team to State Title.

    College: 3 year starter, Heisman Trophy winner, led Gators to BCS National Championship 2008, 13-1 record senior year. 9,286 passing yards, 37 passing TD's and 51 rushing TD's (broke Herschel Walkers TD record) for a total of 88 TD's, 15 INT's, 3,000 rushing yards. I'm stopping here on college stats they are too numerous to go on.

    NFL: Went 7-4 as a starter, Led Broncos to Division win, beat the Pittsburgh Steelers and their #1 D in 1st playoff game, lost to NE Patriots eventual AFC Champion Super Bowl Representative (best NFL team over last decade and a half). Season stats; over 11 games, 1,726 passing yards, 12 TD's, 6 INT's, 660 rushing yards, 6 rushing TD's thats 18 total TD's.

    This guy does not lose at any level. No religion here just stats. But hey, he has a terrible throwing motion and a slow release and his accuracy isn't great (that sounds like another Jet QB), so he must be bad. Yeah , lets not play a guy that wins, had success at every level and against any odds you stack against him, in favor of a QB with NO Leadership skills, is the worse accuracy QB in the NFL, no pocket presence, turnovers at the most inoppurtune times, etc. etc. etc.

    Any one not calling for a change of QB with the insertion of Tebow is just flat out blind or just in denial. I guess you all want Dan Marino, throw for 350 yds a game, you get to see lots of yardage but you never get to win a SB.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    OK, lets leave Religion out, football only:

    High school: 9,810 passing yards, 3,186 rushing yards, 95 passing TD's and 62 rushing TD's = 157 TD's, led team to State Title.

    College: 3 year starter, Heisman Trophy winner, led Gators to BCS National Championship 2008, 13-1 record senior year. 9,286 passing yards, 37 passing TD's and 51 rushing TD's (broke Herschel Walkers TD record) for a total of 88 TD's, 15 INT's, 3,000 rushing yards. I'm stopping here on college stats they are too numerous to go on.

    NFL: Went 7-4 as a starter, Led Broncos to Division win, beat the Pittsburgh Steelers and their #1 D in 1st playoff game, lost to NE Patriots eventual AFC Champion Super Bowl Representative (best NFL team over last decade and a half). Season stats; over 11 games, 1,726 passing yards, 12 TD's, 6 INT's, 660 rushing yards, 6 rushing TD's thats 18 total TD's.

    This guy does not lose at any level. No religion here just stats. But hey, he has a terrible throwing motion and a slow release and his accuracy isn't great (that sounds like another Jet QB), so he must be bad. Yeah , lets not play a guy that wins, had success at every level and against any odds you stack against him, in favor of a QB with NO Leadership skills, is the worse accuracy QB in the NFL, no pocket presence, turnovers at the most inoppurtune times, etc. etc. etc.

    Any one not calling for a change of QB with the insertion of Tebow is just flat out blind or just in denial. I guess you all want Dan Marino, throw for 350 yds a game, you get to see lots of yardage but you never get to win a SB.
    Difference being that Marino DESERVED to start; Tebow doesn't. Not for this team.

    You're acting as if Tebow actually "led" them to the playoffs. That is utterly laughable. The only people who actually think that are his insane followers.

    Also, are we really gonna act like High School/College ball is in any way the same thing as the NFL? Geez, you're delusional.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Does he preach the word on Sundays?
    Not what I was saying. What I was saying was that YOU sharing his faith isn't a justifiable reason to think he should start.

  16. #36
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Believe it or not, the USA was built on the beliefs, values, and morals of Christianity.

    See how so many people have strayed for God in this country, and look at was has transpired as those beliefs have dimmed.

    If you are ok with it, thats fine. I would never push my beliefs on you or anyone, but i do have rights in this country, which was founded under God, to express mine, and i do so regularly.


    Go Tim, Go Christianity, and Go GOD!!!!
    JetSetter, good for you. I also share your beliefs. I pray to God daily and attend Mass weekly. I also do not push my beliefs on others but pray that the masses will return to what is right and good.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Believe it or not, the USA was built on the beliefs, values, and morals of Christianity.

    See how so many people have strayed for God in this country, and look at was has transpired as those beliefs have dimmed.

    If you are ok with it, thats fine. I would never push my beliefs on you or anyone, but i do have rights in this country, which was founded under God, to express mine, and i do so regularly.


    Go Tim, Go Christianity, and Go GOD!!!!
    Someone should probably have told those Pilgrims that slaughtering the Natives wasn't very cool, then.

    Also, I don't recall us at all talking about the U.S and what it was founded upon and blah blah blah. We were talking about FOOTBALL. Stay focused, my man.

    If you share his faith, that's cool. I believe in Christianity myself, so don't think I'm disagreeing with you on the whole "Go Christianity! Go GOD!" thing. I'm also not hating on Tim because of his beliefs. I just don't think having the same faith as him is a good enough reason to demand that he start no matter what. I bet you anything that if he was Muslim or some other religion, but was still his good ol' Timmy self, that same group of Christians wouldn't want him starting.
    Last edited by McGinley; 10-31-2012 at 11:25 PM.

  18. #38
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Difference being that Marino DESERVED to start; Tebow doesn't. Not for this team.

    You're acting as if Tebow actually "led" them to the playoffs. That is utterly laughable. The only people who actually think that are his insane followers.

    Also, are we really gonna act like High School/College ball is in any way the same thing as the NFL? Geez, you're delusional.
    Actually Sunshine, I can post interview vids from a number of current NFL players and coaches who readily credit Tebow for LEADING the Broncos to the playoffs.

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,091
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    JetSetter, good for you. I also share your beliefs. I pray to God daily and attend Mass weekly. I also do not push my beliefs on others but pray that the masses will return to what is right and good.
    That is garbage. One does not need religion to distinguish between right and wrong. It is innate in almost all human beings. It is religion, in fact, that often corrupts it. People do "insane" things in the name of religion and have done so throughout human history. Young children know it is wrong to hurt someone long before religion is forced upon them by their parents.

  20. #40
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    396
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Difference being that Marino DESERVED to start; Tebow doesn't. Not for this team.

    You're acting as if Tebow actually "led" them to the playoffs. That is utterly laughable. The only people who actually think that are his insane followers.

    Also, are we really gonna act like High School/College ball is in any way the same thing as the NFL? Geez, you're delusional.

    The QB yes, usually is considered the leader, tell me who the leader was on that team? Kyle Orton wasn't? My friend it was all Tebow, he has that ability to raise everyones game and he did in Denver, you are in denial if you didn't recognize that.

    As if your response about High School and College wasn't a predictable response, that is the quick and easy answer isn't it? He was both of those teams. I live in Florida and know his whole career, you have no clue on how he, and almost he alone led that High School team to a State Championship.
    The Gators, I don't even need to defend his greatness there.

    But the point, the point is about leadership, heart, will, determination, refusal to accept failure, these are why he is a success and will be one in the NFL. You obviously believe a QB needs none of those, only a throwing motion and quick release is your litmus test. You obviously believe that, because Sanchez has none of them, but he he looks better throwing the ball so yeah let's go with that. Gimme a break.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us