Thread: Dolphins are quietly going 5-3

Dolphins are quietly going 5-3

Honestly, I did not see this coming with a rookie QB, and coach but the phins are looking more like a playoff team as the season progesses.

As much I hate it, Tannehill looks like the real deal.

Tannehill is meh. Though, that's an upgrade for them.

Just another year of "He's our franchise QB!....for real this time!" for the Dolphins.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    Honestly, I did not see this coming with a rookie QB, and coach but the phins are looking more like a playoff team as the season progesses.

As much I hate it, Tannehill looks like the real deal.
    He wasnt in the Jets game very long, you missed that also

All Pro
    Dolphins are not beating the colts this week. Lucks been real good in the dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Dolphins are not beating the colts this week. Lucks been real good in the dome.
    Let's Hope!!!

The Jets will handle businees in Seattle. .... hahaah doesn't Rex seem to suck after the Bye ?

Duck the ducking Follfins.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Tannehill is meh. Though, that's an upgrade for them.

Just another year of "He's our franchise QB!....for real this time!" for the Dolphins.
    Tannehill is the real deal. Phil Simms loves the kid and I think he knows a thing or two more than you about quarterbacking in the NFL.

Tanny needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tannehill is the real deal. Phil Simms loves the kid and I think he knows a thing or two more than you about quarterbacking in the NFL.

Tanny needs to go.
    Yea, so was Cam Newton.

I couldn't care less what Simms thinks, either.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Tanny needs to go.
    Simms loved/loves Sanchez. We would have been better off if Moore doesn't come in the game.

It's too early to tell if Tannehill is the real deal or not, but he has looked really good so far, based on the fact that everybody said he was supposed to sit this year. If he had the same reputation as Luck, then it wouldn't be anything extraordinary. But based on the expectations, he is playing great. I couldn't be happier with his development. Now again, that being said, it is still too early to say if he is going to be a franchise qb. I'm actually getting annoyed with other dolphins fans that are calling him the next marino or whatever. Just let the kid develop.

I think bringing Mike Sherman over to be the Offensive coordinator was huge. Tannehills transition was made alot smoother by that. He just has great control over the offense already, and I think it has helped him become a leader right away, because he has had to kinda teach and help the other guys along the way. It's all just very encouraging.

Miami's two missed FG's from being a 6-1 football team.

Amazing what a QB who doesn't turn the ball over can do for a team.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Miami's two missed FG's from being a 6-1 football team.

Amazing what a QB who doesn't turn the ball over can do for a team.
    That and 20 years of picking in the top 10

Veteran
    they've had a very easy schedule and have barely gotten by it. if they had the schedule we've had, they'd probably be 3-5 too.

Hall Of Fame
    Lets face it. We are behind the Dolphins now. They have a coach and a young QB and are improving. More importantly, their organization has a plan and their team has an identity.

We took their trash.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Lets face it. We are behind the Dolphins now. They have a coach and a young QB and are improving. More importantly, their organization has a plan and their team has an identity.

I laughed my as off when the Phins hired Joe Philbin.

What a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I laughed my as off when the Phins hired Joe Philbin.

What a dumbass.
    After "Hard Knocks" I thought to myself "This guy isn't going to last more than one season. His players will quit on him early and he'll be gone by the end of January."

Wrong.

Kudos to him, because he's two Dan Carptenter kicks away from being 6-1 and on top of the AFC East. After Sunday, barring something unforeseen, they'll be 5-3 and the #1 WC in the AFC, tied with New England atop of the AFC East. I think Miami will be 7-4 or 8-3 entering a tough December schedule where they'll only have to win 1 or 2 games to secure a playoff spot.

Crazy.