Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 11/1

Jets Tweets & Info 11/1

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets are $4.2 million under RT @ProFootballTalk: Current team-by-team cap space, NFLPA version http://wp.me/p14QSB-6fJu #nyj

One thing looks to be true - once Pace, Scott, E. Smith, Moore (and possibly Pouha) are off the books, the Jets should have some room to make at least one big splash in free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    One thing looks to be true - once Pace, Scott, E. Smith, Moore (and possibly Pouha) are off the books, the Jets should have some room to make at least one big splash in free agency.
    Or take the 17mm Sanchez hit and move on...

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @RavensInsider: Hearing the Cardinals don't have interest in trading for Bryant McKinnie, move unlikely

Hall Of Fame
    Don't expect any moves. And quite frankly, I hope we don't make any moves. Time to clear space and plan for a overhaul after 2013 season. Rex and Tanny got their players. Their beds are made. No more borrowing from the future to fix their mess.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Don't expect any moves. And quite frankly, I hope we don't make any moves. Time to clear space and plan for a overhaul after 2013 season. Rex and Tanny got their players. Their beds are made. No more borrowing from the future to fix their mess.
    Wouldn't be upset if we moved some players for pics or cap space.

Jets Insider VIP
    All quiet on the trading front for Jets

The NFL trading deadline is 4 p.m. Thursday, but it's unlikely the Jets will make a deal, according to sources. Which means eight more games of Tim Tebow, which should keep the folks happy at ESPN's "First Take."

Of course, with Mike Tannenbaum, you never know. History tells us he can put together a deal in the time it takes to brew a cup of coffee. If he's feeling pressure to shake it up, hey, anything is possible.

The Jets' depth should improve with several players returning from injuries, which makes you think he'll stand pat. RB Bilal Powell (shoulder) and NT Kenrick Ellis (knee) are expected to return. LB Bart Scott (toe), S Eric Smith (knee) and TE Jeff Cumberland (wrist) also could be ready to go when the Jets, currently on a bye week, resume Nov. 11 against the Seahawks.

Tannenbaum believes in this roster, and he apparently is prepared to let it ride for eight more games. Unless the phone rings and ...

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    All quiet on the trading front for Jets
    As it should be. No need to trade more draft picks when we had a solid draft class this year and we are going to be clearing a lot of cap space after this year. (Scott, Pace, Sanchez (I think).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    Wouldn't be upset if we moved some players for pics or cap space.
    I agree.