Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Politically Speaking, Sandy was the BEST thing that could happen for Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    You're heading into C*pernicus territory here.

The storm is already old news, with most infrastructure damage confined to derelict boardwalks and seaside carnivals.

How the un-mighty have fallen further below the floorboards.
    The people of Breezy Point, Rockaway, Staten Island, Garrison Beach, Long Beach, Lyndenhurst, Massapequa, New Jersey, and all other areas not mentioned think you are very wrong and wish they a warm house like yourself........

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    The people of Breezy Point, Rockaway, Staten Island, Garrison Beach, Long Beach, Lyndenhurst, Massapequa, New Jersey, and all other areas not mentioned think you are very wrong and wish they a warm house like yourself........
    But I saw a NEws Confrence, where Obama was patting himself on the back for the great totally-not-Katrina-like job he did after the storm.

Are you calling our President a liar?

I, for one, am really glad the storm hit during Obama's reign. Imagine how bad it's be if Bush was still President.

Massapequa is my hometown, and I was there today. South of Merrick Rd is an unthinkable disaster of epic proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Imagine how bad it's be if Bush was still President.
    Or Romney, ..............there'd be no FEMA

Or Romney, ..............there'd be no FEMA
    Really?

I think that might be news to Romney.

Nice dodge btw. On Hurricanes, Bush = Obama.

Just like pretty much everything else.

I wish Pro-Choice meant having an actual, meaningful, choice for my vote on election day.

All Pro
    Oh, I know all about it teach. I've had many a week long power outage in the past - Thing is downed power lines and trees are the stuff Con Ed PSE&G Verizon, the Cable Companies and LIPA has to plan for, they are regulated by the PSC (Big Govt). If noone or no utility can plan for the amount of downed wires in any storm , it is unconscionable that it will be taking up to a week for many to get their power back as colder weather sets in because union thugs are refusing to work with non-union crews.

Now infrastructure of the kind that the stimulus was supposed to support instead of your bloated pay packet are major public works - LIE, I-95, Bridges, Roads which in the main remained intact. The NYC subway and some tunnels flooded, but they will not have to be rebuilt.

One of my best friends lives 2 blocks from the shore in Long Beach, he (IMO foolishly) chose not to evacuate because all of his neighbors stuck around too (they didnt want to be looted, some had old, solid, multistory homes they thought could withstand the storm) and he got 2' of water in his basement-lost some appliances and his heat/hot water apparatus along with a 20 yr old vehicle parked on the street. He and his wife will probably be staying at my house for part of the month he expects to be awaiting complete repair. Has no idea when power will be back.
    You know who came down his street with supplies...Catholic Charities and Fresh Direct, not the Red Cross or FEMA

Of course there is isnt good news in any of this but there is huge irony in that the OP in his leftward lurch wanting so much to pump/prop up B. Hussein when he "looked Presidential" for a day reaching around w/ Christie Creme then blew outta town faster than Sandy to the next fundraiser...now anyone can see the combined Federal and Local response has been just as poor if not worse than Katrina-gas shortages caused by MSM causing panic and poor planning not to mention 0's war on big oil, unmonitored union thugs happy to let folks shiver in the dark by shutting out nonunion workers / working like human snails, Bloomberg's ignoring SI and the outer boroughs, The wondrous Red Cross handing out Hot Chocolate and Cookies instead of blankets, FEMA running out of water, supplies etc...OweBowMao now wont even answer questions about it, some leadership that is. The Left/Big Gov't wanted ownership of the response and it sucks big time, they can and shall have it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh, I know all about it teach. I've had many a week long power outage in the past - Thing is downed power lines and trees are the stuff Con Ed PSE&G Verizon, the Cable Companies and LIPA has to plan for, they are regulated by the PSC (Big Govt). If noone or no utility can plan for the amount of downed wires in any storm , it is unconscionable that it will be taking up to a week for many to get their power back as colder weather sets in because union thugs are refusing to work with non-union crews.

Now infrastructure of the kind that the stimulus was supposed to support instead of your bloated pay packet are major public works - LIE, I-95, Bridges, Roads which in the main remained intact. The NYC subway and some tunnels flooded, but they will not have to be rebuilt.

One of my best friends lives 2 blocks from the shore in Long Beach, he (IMO foolishly) chose not to evacuate because all of his neighbors stuck around too (they didnt want to be looted, some had old, solid, multistory homes they thought could withstand the storm) and he got 2' of water in his basement-lost some appliances and his heat/hot water apparatus along with a 20 yr old vehicle parked on the street. He and his wife will probably be staying at my house for part of the month he expects to be awaiting complete repair. Has no idea when power will be back.
    You know who came down his street with supplies...Catholic Charities and Fresh Direct, not the Red Cross or FEMA

Of course there is isnt good news in any of this but there is huge irony in that the OP in his leftward lurch wanting so much to pump/prop up B. Hussein when he "looked Presidential" for a day reaching around w/ Christie Creme then blew outta town faster than Sandy to the next fundraiser...now anyone can see the combined Federal and Local response has been just as poor if not worse than Katrina-gas shortages caused by MSM causing panic and poor planning not to mention 0's war on big oil, unmonitored union thugs happy to let folks shiver in the dark by shutting out nonunion workers / working like human snails, Bloomberg's ignoring SI and the outer boroughs, The wondrous Red Cross handing out Hot Chocolate and Cookies instead of blankets, FEMA running out of water, supplies etc...OweBowMao now wont even answer questions about it, some leadership that is. The Left/Big Gov't wanted ownership of the response and it sucks big time, they can and shall have it.
    Paranoid psychosis...seek medical help

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

The storm is already old news, with most infrastructure damage confined to derelict boardwalks and seaside carnivals..
    I do find your schtick funny, but when you post something like this, it really points to your lack of knowledge.

Now, go ahead, insult me.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I do find your schtick funny, but when you post something like this, it really points to your lack of knowledge.

Now, go ahead, insult me.
    INFRASTRUCTURE I said my jolly bad fellow. Not power lines and trees.

Other than having had to search a bit for gas, no outages, all utilities, roads clear, food supplies well stocked...

Lets not go too nuts comparing this to the likes of the Galveston storm, Andrew, Katrina etc

It only looks worse because of the crap blue state response. Only today are crews out in force, probably because of triple OT

I wish libs got all this worked up over terror attacks

INFRASTRUCTURE I said my jolly bad fellow. Not power lines and trees.

Other than having had to search a bit for gas, no outages, all utilities, roads clear, food supplies well stocked...

Lets not go too nuts comparing this to the likes of the Galveston storm, Andrew, Katrina etc

It only looks worse because of the crap blue state response. Only today are crews out in force, probably because of triple OT

I wish libs got all this worked up over terror attacks
    Yeah, I'm sure the folks in Breezy Point are just fine today.

No outages????? How about NO HOUSE LEFT???

It won't affect the electoral college, but there will be a real drop off in turnout in NY and NJ on election day - I won't be able to make it to a poll myself, since I'm too far from my polling place (staying with family in the Bronx) and my Romney vote in a deep blue state isn't worth the gas line now, and I know plenty of people in the same situation. That is likely to negatively impact Obama's popular vote count, meaning the odds of an Obama electoral win and popular vote loss just got better.

2' of water - that's pretty damn lucky for Long Beach. But yeah - you have no idea how many of my friends I yelled at for staying in an evacuation zone. It's just not worth it. The downside of evacuating is it may be for nothing - that is, you might not have needed to, and you were inconvenienced when you didn't have to be. The downside of staying is you might put your life - and the life of your rescuers (not to mention kids, in some cases) in jeopardy. When that's the calculus, just get the hell out.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    It won't affect the electoral college, but there will be a real drop off in turnout in NY and NJ on election day - I won't be able to make it to a poll myself, since I'm too far from my polling place (staying with family in the Bronx) and my Romney vote in a deep blue state isn't worth the gas line now, and I know plenty of people in the same situation. That is likely to negatively impact Obama's popular vote count, meaning the odds of an Obama electoral win and popular vote loss just got better.
    Stay safe doggin. Thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    2' of water - that's pretty damn lucky for Long Beach. But yeah - you have no idea how many of my friends I yelled at for staying in an evacuation zone. It's just not worth it. The downside of evacuating is it may be for nothing - that is, you might not have needed to, and you were inconvenienced when you didn't have to be. The downside of staying is you might put your life - and the life of your rescuers (not to mention kids, in some cases) in jeopardy. When that's the calculus, just get the hell out.
    Sadly, many people are also worried about getting robbed if they leave their homes.

Shouldn't be something they have to worry about during a tragedy, but that's the world we live in

Jets Insider VIP
    safety of you and yours is way more important than anything else

especially voting

unless you reside in Ohio, of course

I hope they had enough fire power.

"I'm so glad we had that storm last week," Chris Matthews said, "No, politically I should say -- not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics," he said.

"To clarify -- I was thrilled at the cooperation between the President and state officials that made the country proud. Great bipartisanship," he tweeted.

"Obviously I wasn't talking about the horror of the storm. I grew up on the Jersey shore," Matthews wrote in another message on his Twitter feed.

Saying the storm was the reason Obama was re-elected is simply wrong. Romney momentum from the Denver debate ended well before Sandy hit landfall. The polls showed Obama gaining in the national polls and holding his lead in the battleground states over week before Sandy was in the headlines.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 11-07-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Stay safe doggin. Thoughts and prayers.
    Thanks. Just got power back, so I'm good to go. Much of my community is wrecked, though. Will likely have guests in the near future; my house is set up as a mother-daughter, so I've put the word out that if people need a temporary place to stay, I've got room for em.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Sadly, many people are also worried about getting robbed if they leave their homes.

Shouldn't be something they have to worry about during a tragedy, but that's the world we live in
    True. Still - it's just stuff. I get robbed, I have homeowner's insurance that will help replace it. One or two of my kids drowns when we try to evacuate too late, like that poor woman in Staten Island . . . there's no coming back from that.