Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Strong-arming NE is smart business

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    NOYB. As I've mentioned before, though, I'm an unconventional thinker.
    unconventional to you.

illogical/brain-dead to everyone else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the dumbest thread I've seen in a while.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe people want this thread to end. It's got classic written all over it. It's not often you get thinkers like EternalChampion. He's laying it all on the line for his team. He's the shooter on the grassy knoll. He's the type of guy who takes matters into his own hands...he's got possibilities...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I can't believe people want this thread to end. It's got classic written all over it. It's not often you get thinkers like EternalChampion. He's laying it all on the line for his team. He's the shooter on the grassy knoll. He's the type of guy who takes matters into his own hands...he's got possibilities...
    Not to mention he could take out your appendix. If he had to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Have to agree

InfernalChumpion has made it to the revered class of idiotic thread starting (up there with Schroy48, shark99 and the immortal Nike) with this classic

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOYB. As I've mentioned before, though, I'm an unconventional thinker.
    No doubt a product of having ridden that unconventional short bus all those years.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Actual the more I read EC, the more I am coming around on some of his ideas. You just need to open up your mind a little.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    +1 maybe the dumbest ever.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, if you believe the season's over... I don't, but if you do... then what's the harm? Dedicate every ounce of our strength to pissing off the Patriots. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Why wouldn't we do it? WHY WOULDN'T WE DO IT?
    You play to win the game.

Taking your plan seriously for a minute: think more of the effects on the Jets than the Pats:

1. The Pats cut a player not good enough to play but okay as a practice squader.
    2. The Jets cut one of their 53 and pick up a player not worthy of being on the 53.
    3. The Pats claim the guy the Jets cut (who was a player) and then cut another guy not worthy.
    4. The Jets claim this practice squad guy and cut another 53-man roster player.
    5. Repeat until the Jets have run all their team by the Pats who end up with a powerful 53 man roster while the Jets have a roster comprised entirely of players who belong on a practice squad.

Is this what you have in mind?

Wouldn't it have been better for the Jets to use all their draft picks for the next 10 years to trade for every CB in the NFL so the Pats couldn't have traded for Talib? Sure, the Jets team would be composed of 53 CBs, but at least they would have prevented the Pats from improving by trading for Talib.
    Last edited by spacecrimenet; 11-02-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spacecrimenet View Post
    Wouldn't it have been better for the Jets to use all their draft picks for the next 10 years to trade for every CB in the NFL so the Pats couldn't have traded for Talib? Sure, the Jets team would be composed of 53 CBs, but at least they would have prevented the Pats from improving by trading for Talib.
    That's actually not a bad idea.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, EternalChampion,

The Pats just signed Moore to their paractice squad. Having a mediocre safety on their practice squad was the final piece they needed for their superbowl run. Jets had their chance to claim him. They blew it and now they are doomed.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about we strong-leg them with a cadaver leg instead?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, if you believe the season's over... I don't, but if you do... then what's the harm? Dedicate every ounce of our strength to pissing off the Patriots. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Why wouldn't we do it? WHY WOULDN'T WE DO IT?
    The Patriots and Jets piss each other off simply by existing. They don't have to go out of their way.

"Why wouldn't we do it?" (I can't believe I'm actually answering this, but once you go down the ol' Rabbit Hole, everything is Wonderland.)

Because the Jets would have to cut their Roster Players to make room for the Patriots discards, for starters.

Because even the Jets are too professional to simply spite another team as a matter of continued practice.

Even the Jets know that they should be focusing on the players they have and building for the future rather than playing mind games with a guy like Belichick, who invented mind games.

And, because, ultimately, because of their well-documented, innate ineptness, Woody, Tannenchez and Wrecks would figure out a way to screw up the strategy and end up somehow playing into Belichick's hands. Sooner or later, they would release someone that Belichick actually wanted in order to make room for his decoy on their roster.

Are we done yet? Can I leave this thread now?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't believe how many rubes took the bait on this thread.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    The Patriots and Jets piss each other off simply by existing. They don't have to go out of their way.

"Why wouldn't we do it?" (I can't believe I'm actually answering this, but once you go down the ol' Rabbit Hole, everything is Wonderland.)

Because the Jets would have to cut their Roster Players to make room for the Patriots discards, for starters.

Because even the Jets are too professional to simply spite another team as a matter of continued practice.

Even the Jets know that they should be focusing on the players they have and building for the future rather than playing mind games with a guy like Belichick, who invented mind games.

And, because, ultimately, because of their well-documented, innate ineptness, Woody, Tannenchez and Wrecks would figure out a way to screw up the strategy and end up somehow playing into Belichick's hands. Sooner or later, they would release someone that Belichick actually wanted in order to make room for his decoy on their roster.

Are we done yet? Can I leave this thread now?
    Now hear me out. I admit that you've raised some good objections to my plan. But they're not insurmountable objections. Do I have answers for all of them? No I don't. But I have no doubt that the brainpower exists right here on this board to figure it out.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    But I have no doubt that the brainpower exists right here on this board to figure it out.
    You must be new here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Right?

Check out posts #4... 6... 10... 11... 15...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Or on his entire persona.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to use "unconventional thinker" as a derogatory term enough times to get it censored on the board.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 11-02-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I'm going to use "unconventional thinker" as a derogatory term enough times to get it censored on the board.
    I gave my college girlfriend the old "unconventional thinker" one night after a heavy night of boozing and daring.

I still go to Church every day to try to absolve that one.