Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong-arming NE is smart business

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a big eternal champion thread, your threads bring quality insight to the board and you are willing to say things the mainstream pundits don't have the balls to say.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    I am a big eternal champion thread, your threads bring quality insight to the board and you are willing to say things the mainstream pundits don't have the balls to say.
    Thanks, my man, I always appreciate your insight, too.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    There's no need to get nasty. Criticize ideas, not people. And back up your criticism with facts, not insults. If you want to discuss this like 2 mature adults, I'm more than willing.
    Well how's this for starters. The Patriots are known for paying their valued practice squad players very well in order to retain them and disincentive a jump to another team's active roster. It's not a waiver process where a team can just steal another team's practice players at will in some childish form of bullying. (albeit akin to the class retard trying to bully the straight A student high school QB)

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Well how's this for starters. The Patriots are known for paying their valued practice squad players very well in order to retain them and disincentive a jump to another team's active roster. It's not a waiver process where a team can just steal another team's practice players at will in some childish form of bullying. (albeit akin to the class retard trying to bully the straight A student high school QB)
    I'm talking about when they cut a player from their active roster, wait for him to clear waivers, and then sign him to the PS. At that time, we can put a claim on the player and the player has no choice but to come here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, not directly. I'm saying BB might give us draft picks just to stop repeatedly messing with their ability to manage their roster.
    I keep waiting for the punchline. But it never comes.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I keep waiting for the punchline. But it never comes.
    You already said that once. *Yawn*

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm talking about when they cut a player from their active roster, wait for him to clear waivers, and then sign him to the PS. At that time, we can put a claim on the player and the player has no choice but to come here.
    To be fair, the Pats did this with Jake Ballard earlier in the year and it really pissed off Tom Coughlin.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You already said that once. *Yawn*
    Repeated for validity/emphasis.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    To be fair, the Pats did this with Jake Ballard earlier in the year and it really pissed off Tom Coughlin.
    Well the distinction here is that Ballard is a very good player and the Giants made a gross miscalculation in putting him on waivers. Here, Eternal Champion thinks the Jets should be making roster moves that fail to benefit the Jets at all. He just wants to piss the Patriots off by interfering with their juggling of special teams caliber players. Oh and then bully them into giving the Jets draft picks to make them stop.
    Last edited by scottyM; 11-01-2012 at 03:03 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even I LOLed

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brilliant thread.

If the Jets do this to the other 31 teams, they might be able to get 10 first rounders a year. EternalChampion for Jets GM..

Brilliant!!!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's obvious that this season may not be our greatest as an organization. New England, though, is bullish about their chances. We also know that New England likes to manage the back-end of their roster: cutting players, resigning them to the practice squad, elevating them, etc. What if we spent some energy on messing with their rhythm? Claim guys that they waive and hope to put on the PS. Sign away their PS players. Piss them off a little bit and make life less comfortable than they're used to. Throw them off their game. It won't make our team better, but it will make their team worse. A zero sum game.

So why do it? Well, once they're frazzled, then make an offer: we'll stop if they give us a favorable trade. Could be draft picks, could be players. But hey, we're a team with nothing to lose and they're a team with everything to lose. Take advantage of it.
    So in other words what you're saying is: If the New England Patriots put a cadaver on their practice squad, the Jets should pick the cadaver up and place it on their active roster?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats were in a position they could sign Ballard and then put him on the IR for the year.

If he comes back 100%, can you imagine the Pats 3-TE set with Gronk, Hernandez and Ballard?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    So in other words what you're saying is: If the New England Patriots put a cadaver on their practice squad, the Jets should pick the cadaver up and place it on their active roster?

Exactly. That way, anybody who needs a fake injury can hack off a part and throw it in the MRI machine.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Pats were in a position they could sign Ballard and then put him on the IR for the year.

If he comes back 100%, can you imagine the Pats 3-TE set with Gronk, Hernandez and Ballard?
    They don't hold a candle to the Jets Keller/ Koy Reuland/ Kody Epps trio

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Well the distinction here is that Ballard is a very good player and the Giants made a gross miscalculation in putting him on waivers. Here, Eternal Champion thinks the Jets should be making roster moves that fail to benefit the Jets at all. He just wants to piss the Patriots off by interfering with their juggling of special teams caliber players. Oh and then bully them into giving the Jets draft picks to make them stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

I was trying to validate his thoughts so he would post more of them for us. Don't worry about it, seriously, I already get it, I said that specifically for him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was trying to validate his thoughts so he would post more of them for us.
    I'm always willing to share my thoughts, young chowd.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm always willing to share my thoughts, young chowd.
    You are definitely an unconventional thinker. You make both Jets fans and chowds think harder about their positions on many issues. Keep telling us your thoughts.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey if you want Sterling Moore...have at it. PLEASE.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something like that, though I'm not sure if gifting draft picks is allowed in the NFL? Maybe something like, "If you agree to stop, I'll send you a 3rd for your 5th".
    So you're proposing a hybrid blackmail/guerilla war approach? Didn't Squidward try something similar with SpongeBob and Patrick at the Krusty Krab?

It's pure genius regardless.