Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Strong-arming NE is smart business

This has the makings of a classic thread. NOt as good as "my girl broke up with me" but good.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You are definitely an unconventional thinker. You make both Jets fans and chowds think harder about their positions on many issues. Keep telling us your thoughts.
    In other words, we could all use another hearty laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I'm talking about when they cut a player from their active roster, wait for him to clear waivers, and then sign him to the PS. At that time, we can put a claim on the player and the player has no choice but to come here.
    so the master plan to bring the Pats to their knees is by signing players that they don't want anymore?

Its unorthodox I'll give you that.

Do you think it's a good idea for me to eat out of my neighbor's trash can and then tell him to pay me money or else I'll keep eating his garbage?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    so the master plan to bring the Pats to their knees is by signing players that they don't want anymore?

Do you think it's a good idea for me to eat out of my neighbor's trash can and then tell him to pay me money or else I'll keep eating his garbage?
    If your neighbor is Bill Belichick....of course. Obviously not a deep thinker if you have to ask.

These are players they want, that's why they are trying to get them on the PS. Look at Ray Ventrone, just because he want to the PS didn't mean they didn't want him. It'll annoy them enough to make them deal because it'll knock them off their plans, and they love their little plans.

It's obvious that this season may not be our greatest as an organization. New England, though, is bullish about their chances. We also know that New England likes to manage the back-end of their roster: cutting players, resigning them to the practice squad, elevating them, etc. What if we spent some energy on messing with their rhythm? Claim guys that they waive and hope to put on the PS. Sign away their PS players. Piss them off a little bit and make life less comfortable than they're used to. Throw them off their game. It won't make our team better, but it will make their team worse. A zero sum game.

So why do it? Well, once they're frazzled, then make an offer: we'll stop if they give us a favorable trade. Could be draft picks, could be players. But hey, we're a team with nothing to lose and they're a team with everything to lose. Take advantage of it.
    So if I read this right, your plan is to keep hitting them with your jaw until their fist break?

Quote Originally Posted by #1Patriot View Post
    So if I read this right, your plan is to keep hitting them with your jaw until their fist break?

How about we just, like.....beat them?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    How about we just, like.....beat them?

It's like a James Bond movie. You just can't kill him. He has to die by some elaborate death that ultimately fails.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    It's like a James Bond movie. You just can't kill him. He has to die by some elaborate death that ultimately fails.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xAMYHJYesM

Holy ****. Thats sig worthy.

It's obvious that this season may not be our greatest as an organization. New England, though, is bullish about their chances. We also know that New England likes to manage the back-end of their roster: cutting players, resigning them to the practice squad, elevating them, etc. What if we spent some energy on messing with their rhythm? Claim guys that they waive and hope to put on the PS. Sign away their PS players. Piss them off a little bit and make life less comfortable than they're used to. Throw them off their game. It won't make our team better, but it will make their team worse. A zero sum game.

So why do it? Well, once they're frazzled, then make an offer: we'll stop if they give us a favorable trade. Could be draft picks, could be players. But hey, we're a team with nothing to lose and they're a team with everything to lose. Take advantage of it.
    I'm sure that Bill Belichick and Bob Kraft are shaking in their boots and losing sleep every night, worrying what clever roster moves Tannenchez might make to reduce them to the level of the team he has "assembled. NOT!

Yeah, I hear that Belichick has a guy who passes out the Gatorade cups that Tannenbaum is waiting to pluck off waivers the minute he's released...he's supposed to have a pretty good arm and could give Sanchez a run for his money.

These are players they want, that's why they are trying to get them on the PS. Look at Ray Ventrone, just because he want to the PS didn't mean they didn't want him. It'll annoy them enough to make them deal because it'll knock them off their plans, and they love their little plans.
    So your post wasn't sarcastic and you weren't joking. You really believe it! I am truly speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    So your post wasn't sarcastic and you weren't joking. You really believe it! I am truly speechless.
    Look, if you believe the season's over... I don't, but if you do... then what's the harm? Dedicate every ounce of our strength to pissing off the Patriots. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Why wouldn't we do it? WHY WOULDN'T WE DO IT?

Look, if you believe the season's over... I don't, but if you do... then what's the harm? Dedicate every ounce of our strength to pissing off the Patriots. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. Why wouldn't we do it? WHY WOULDN'T WE DO IT?
    Because the organization will have some dignity and focus its efforts on improving the team rather than "pissing off" their rival?

How exactly do you think your little scheme will pay off publicly? Jets are cutting players off their active roster to prey upon the Pats' special teams roster moves? Don't you think this plays into the whole "clown posse" reputation the Jets have earned?

I keep saying, EC, your plan is inconsistent with your claim that the entire league is rigged. You can't claim the Pats are in the league's pockets and then make a plan to fleece the team you claim is favored.

You do think unconventionally. Unfortunately most of your thoughts are extremely divorced from reality, and yet you expect people to take you seriously.

Veteran
    Because they should be dedicating every ounce of their energy into trying to beat their next opponent on the field. Not to foiling the grand scheme of one single team in the league. And you realize that this type of plan is like attack a tank with a toothpick, right?

Your plan is for losers and those who are content with losing.

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Because they should be dedicating every ounce of their energy into trying to beat their next opponent on the field. Not to foiling the grand scheme of one single team in the league. And you realize that this type of plan is like attack a tank with a toothpick, right?

Your plan is for losers and those who are content with losing.
    Seriously, don't even bother... let's all leave this thread and be more intelligent for it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Seriously, don't even bother... let's all leave this thread and be more intelligent for it.
    Sorry. I just don't get to win arguments very often...