Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong-arming NE is smart business

Strong-arming NE is smart business

It's obvious that this season may not be our greatest as an organization. New England, though, is bullish about their chances. We also know that New England likes to manage the back-end of their roster: cutting players, resigning them to the practice squad, elevating them, etc. What if we spent some energy on messing with their rhythm? Claim guys that they waive and hope to put on the PS. Sign away their PS players. Piss them off a little bit and make life less comfortable than they're used to. Throw them off their game. It won't make our team better, but it will make their team worse. A zero sum game.

So why do it? Well, once they're frazzled, then make an offer: we'll stop if they give us a favorable trade. Could be draft picks, could be players. But hey, we're a team with nothing to lose and they're a team with everything to lose. Take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    It's obvious that this season may not be our greatest as an organization. New England, though, is bullish about their chances. We also know that New England likes to manage the back-end of their roster: cutting players, resigning them to the practice squad, elevating them, etc. What if we spent some energy on messing with their rhythm? Claim guys that they waive and hope to put on the PS. Sign away their PS players. Piss them off a little bit and make life less comfortable than they're used to. Throw them off their game. It won't make our team better, but it will make their team worse. A zero sum game.

So why do it? Well, once they're frazzled, then make an offer: we'll stop if they give us a favorable trade. Could be draft picks, could be players. But hey, we're a team with nothing to lose and they're a team with everything to lose. Take advantage of it.
    If you claim one of THEIR PS players you have to put that player on your active 53. The Jets 53 is bad enough as it is. Plus it destroys the little continuity the Jets have.
    Don't think the Patriots are easily bullied. Nor are they stupid like the Jets admin and coaching.
    The Patriots have a plan. It's like a marketing plan in business that the better companies have. They have objectives, strategies and a tactical plan fom a personnel perspective. And it's long term, not one year. The Jets change with the wind it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    If you claim one of THEIR PS players you have to put that player on your active 53. The Jets 53 is bad enough as it is. Plus it destroys the little continuity the Jets have.
    That's OK, I know it doesn't help us, but it would mess with them all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Don't think the Patriots are easily bullied. Nor are they stupid like the Jets admin and coaching.
    The Patriots have a plan. It's like a marketing plan in business that the better companies have. They have objectives, strategies and a tactical plan fom a personnel perspective. And it's long term, not one year. The Jets change with the wind it appears.
    I'm saying if the season is out of hand, let's devote it to hurting the Pats in any way they can. Then use that to force a trade with them. If this becomes our plan, then we too have a plan.

I'm saying if the season is out of hand, let's devote it to hurting the Pats in any way they can. Then use that to force a trade with them. If this becomes our plan, then we too have a plan.
    Let me get this straight...you think BB is going to give you draft picks for a PS player?

2nd rounder for Ross Ventrone. Something like that?

I'm starting to think your cadaver thread was one of your smarter ones.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Let me get this straight...you think BB is going to give you draft picks for a PS player?

No, not directly. I'm saying BB might give us draft picks just to stop repeatedly messing with their ability to manage their roster.

No, not directly. I'm saying BB might give us draft picks just to stop repeatedly messing with their ability to manage their roster.
    So he would call Rex and say...If you agree to stop it, I will send you a draft pick?

I'm starting to think your cadaver thread was one of your smarter ones.

No, I think his plan is to keep signing scrubs off the Pats' PS onto the Jets' 53-man until the Pats cry uncle and offer a major trade in order to get the Jets to stop. Tony Sparano becomes Tony Soprano and the Jets go all mafia on the Pats.

edit: what he said.

Right. Pats are easy targets for bullying because the Pats' FO is miles behind the intelligence of the Jets FO. Pats could never find a way to fight back.

Who knows, maybe Rex could demand that Bill gives him Danny Woodhead back.

So he would call Rex and say...If you agree to stop it, I will send you a draft pick?
    Something like that, though I'm not sure if gifting draft picks is allowed in the NFL? Maybe something like, "If you agree to stop, I'll send you a 3rd for your 5th".

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    No, I think his plan is to keep signing scrubs off the Pats' PS onto the Jets' 53-man until the Pats cry uncle and offer a major trade in order to get the Jets to stop. Tony Sparano becomes Tony Soprano and the Jets go all mafia on the Pats.
    Meanwhile the Jets put James Develin, Marcus Forston, Matt Kopa, Greg Salas, and Jeremiah Warren on their roster?

Something like that, though I'm not sure if gifting draft picks is allowed in the NFL? Maybe something like, "If you agree to stop, I'll send you a 3rd for your 5th".
    Can I ask how old you are?

Are you stupid or something?

Can I ask how old you are?
    NOYB. As I've mentioned before, though, I'm an unconventional thinker.

Is that what they're calling it now?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Are you stupid or something?
    There's no need to get nasty. Criticize ideas, not people. And back up your criticism with facts, not insults. If you want to discuss this like 2 mature adults, I'm more than willing.

All Pro
    What was the length of your school bus as a child?

There's no need to get nasty. Criticize ideas, not people. And back up your criticism with facts, not insults. If you want to discuss this like 2 mature adults, I'm more than willing.
    Willing? Why, do you know of one?

EC,

Your entire premise is flawed because you've already said that Kraft has financial control over Goodell, so if it became obvious the Jets were attempting these types of shenanigans against the chosen Pats, the most likely outcome would be the Jets getting slapped with draft pick fines. Gotta re-think this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    EC,

Your entire premise is flawed because you've already said that Kraft has financial control over Goodell, so if it became obvious the Jets were attempting these types of shenanigans against the chosen Pats, the most likely outcome would be the Jets getting slapped with draft pick fines. Gotta re-think this one.
    Amazingly, you actually have a very good point. My belief, though, is that Goodell's power is weakening as a result of him overplaying his hand in the bounty scandal. I don't think he wants to get involved in any more league drama until that whole thing blows over.