Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 108

Thread: Patriots trade for Aqib Talib

  1. #21
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    So you're saying he'll fight for something? That alone is more than the Pats secondary has done all year.
    Just wait for multiple Patriots to be suspended once he starts handing stimulants out in the locker room.

  2. #22
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Just wait for multiple Patriots to be suspended once he starts handing stimulants out in the locker room.
    Yeah but the Pats are adept at switching the test results with those of cadavers.

  3. #23
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Yeah but the Pats are adept at switching the test results with those of cadavers.
    Cadavers don't pee.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Guy's a cancer who got into a fist fight with his own teammate. He's a cancer and a druggie. This makes the Patriots worse and shows that BB is is in a fit of desperation to win before his QB declines any more than he already has.
    That's a good thing for the Pats.......that was what most complained about.....that they were wasting Brady's final years by standing pat on a crap secondary.

  5. #25
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Mehhh I think there's a slight difference between adderall and steroids.
    Geesh.

    Pats already have enough DBs with ADD.

  6. #26
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Cadavers don't pee.
    I know how to make cadavers pee.

    I dont have enough time to explain it right now.

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Cadavers don't pee.
    Boy, you're like a medical doctor you're so smart

  8. #28
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion, this is a smart gamble by the Pats.

    They acquire a former 1st rounder with talent who also has some character issues at a position of need......probably the biggest need on the team. They give up a 4th (which it's not like they have been hitting it out of then park in the mid-late rounds anyways) and get back a 7th.

    It feels very similar to when the Jets traded for Holmes. We will see how it plays out.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4,552
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a huge upgrade ... Pats go from 32nd best secondary to 31st ...

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,815
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patriot way doe.

  11. #31
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Boy, you're like a medical doctor you're so smart
    Thanks, Cleat. I wouldn't say I'm like a doctor, but in a pinch - if it were strictly necessary - I could probably take out an appendix. I hope I never have to.

  12. #32
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    I know how to make cadavers pee.

    I dont have enough time to explain it right now.
    Make em drinks lots of orange juice while playing a soundtrack of a babbling brookl in the background?

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    11,637
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    In my opinion, this is a smart gamble by the Pats.

    They acquire a former 1st rounder with talent who also has some character issues at a position of need......probably the biggest need on the team. They give up a 4th (which it's not like they have been hitting it out of then park in the mid-late rounds anyways) and get back a 7th.

    It feels very similar to when the Jets traded for Holmes. We will see how it plays out.
    I would say safety is more a need for them than corner. However, they need all the help they can get. Sanchez torched that secondary, which tells us alot.

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    In my opinion, this is a smart gamble by the Pats.

    They acquire a former 1st rounder with talent who also has some character issues at a position of need......probably the biggest need on the team. They give up a 4th (which it's not like they have been hitting it out of then park in the mid-late rounds anyways) and get back a 7th.

    It feels very similar to when the Jets traded for Holmes. We will see how it plays out.
    You hit the nail on the head, pretty much the same thing. Two players
    with a history of off-field issues and under suspension. I hope the pats dont give him a 10 mill a year contract though

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Guy's a cancer who got into a fist fight with his own teammate. He's a cancer and a druggie. This makes the Patriots worse and shows that BB is is in a fit of desperation to win before his QB declines any more than he already has.
    You are absolutely right that it was done out of desperation but so what? I mean have you seen the Pats secondary? Show me a NFL coach who isn't desperate to improve a glaring weakness and I'll show you a soon to be ex- coach.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 11-01-2012 at 05:34 PM.

  16. #36
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone laughing at this trade should know that the Pats have devoted a ton of top-round draft picks for crap, I'll take Talib and all of his problems for a 4th if he can be competent.

    When you are the worst secondary in the history of the NFL, every move deserves an applause.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Guy's a cancer who got into a fist fight with his own teammate. He's a cancer and a druggie. This makes the Patriots worse and shows that BB is is in a fit of desperation to win before his QB declines any more than he already has.
    Good! He has fight in him. BB is absolutely in a fit of desperation w.r.t his secondary, this is news to no one... he made a move while they are still in championship contention. Bravo, BB.

    What moves did Rex make to address any issues on his team?

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    What moves did Rex make to address any issues on his team?
    :

  19. #39
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawrence, MA
    Posts
    3,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You hit the nail on the head, pretty much the same thing. Two players
    with a history of off-field issues and under suspension. I hope the pats dont give him a 10 mill a year contract though
    Trust me ..... in hindsight I wish the Jets didn't give Holmes that contract. At the time I wasn't against it, but I was leaning more towards keeping Braylon if it had to be one of the other (which ended up being the case).

    It happens.....teams take gamble's and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. A good amount would call the Cromartie trade a gamble (and a bigger one than Holmes, Ocho, TA) but IMO it was a win for the Jets.....short and long term, where Holmes was a short term win and so far loss long-term.

    If Pats win short term they should be satisfied. They need to maximize Brady's window.....highly doubt they get another HOFer QB for a while....let alone late in the draft again.

    Sent from my LG-P999

  20. #40
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    5,505
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's good move IMO.. But that's why the pats are winners year in year out..

    Rich get richer for a 4th round pick smh great move for pats

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us