Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots trade for Aqib Talib

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I would say safety is more a need for them than corner. However, they need all the help they can get. Sanchez torched that secondary, which tells us alot.
    Then you haven't been watching, because the CBs are a LOT worse than the safeties. McCourty doesn't suck nearly as much as a safety and Gregory is okay when he's on the field.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Reeks of desperation.

DUH

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    The guy has skills but he's absolutely crazy... I've come to the opinion that guys specifically like Talib hurt a team more than they help a team.
    I agree- this is a lot like the Santonio Holmes trade. Troubled yet extremely talented player whose team couldn't get rid of them quickly enough.

Distinction: Pats won't pay Talib market value next year. (10 million per year)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    I agree- this is a lot like the Santonio Holmes trade. Troubled yet extremely talented player whose team couldn't get rid of them quickly enough.

Distinction: Pats won't pay Talib market value next year. (10 million per year)
    Another distinction: Talib makes Santonio look like a saint...

Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Hardly. Actually, their transgressions are pretty similar. Pot vs. Adderall. Both had a couple of assault complaints which were later dropped.

Ha i'm not going to sit and argue who is a "worse" person. However, I do think its telling Santonio had an MVP Superbowl performance yet was handed away for less than Talib. Oh and most fans (apparently not you) would agree that a) Santonio is a grade A a-hole; and b) is amongst the most overpaid players on the team- if not the league.
    Last edited by scottyM; 11-01-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Hardly. Actually, their transgressions are pretty similar. Pot vs. Adderall. Both had a couple of assault complaints which were later dropped.
    Wait, I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten when Santonio shot someone?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Ha i'm not going to sit and argue who is a "worse" person. However, I do think its telling Santonio had an MVP Superbowl performance yet was handed away for less than Talib. Oh and most fans (apparently not you) would agree that a) Santonio is a grade A a-hole; and b) is amongst the most overpaid players on the team- if not the league.
    Did I mention money? No, I just said that Talib, well, shot someone...

Wait, I'm sorry, I seem to have forgotten when Santonio shot someone?
    Talib was accused of shooting AT someone, not shooting anyone. The charges were dropped because of a lack of evidence and concerns over the character of the accuser. But don't let that little factual differential get in the way of a good hate.

Santonio's no up standing citizen either. Don't make him out as one.

Interesting that those charges were dropped?

Did I mention the Jets paid one of the biggest pieces of crap in the NFL 10 million per year yet you are trying to argue about a post where I respond to an argument that bad apples hurt a team.

When? I never heard he actually shot someone. He was arrested for discharging a gun during an argument with his sisters boyfriend. However the charge was dropped as the boyfriend changed his story too many times and there was no other witnesses. It never even went to trial, never mind not being found guilty.

They guy has a lot of anger issues and is not someone to be proud of that he is on the patriots, but he did not shoot anyone.

Veteran
    Lol at Pats fans rushing to the defense of their new dirtbag. "charges were dropped," etc.

You want to play that game, fine, Santonio's lesser charges have also all been dropped. So fo rour "alleged" dirtbags, yours still wins dirtbaggiest. Yay for you.

I never came here to defend Santonio, just laugh at you all trying to pretend like talib is not such a bad guy by trying to turn the conversation to Santonio...

Lol at Pats fans rushing to the defense of their new dirtbag. "charges were dropped," etc.

You want to play that game, fine, Santonio's lesser charges have also all been dropped. So fo rour "alleged" dirtbags, yours still wins dirtbaggiest. Yay for you.

I never came here to defend Santonio, just laugh at you all trying to pretend like talib is not such a bad guy by trying to turn the conversation to Santonio...
    What are you talking about? I said he was no guy to be proud of that he plays for the pats.

It was posted that he actually shot someone, which was not only false, but was never even charged with a shooting a person, never mind found guilty. Such a patent falsehood will be addressed.

From what I read about him was that he practices hard and plays hard. As long as he don't get arrested as a member of the pats, what he did in Tampa is what he did there. Just like Moss and Dillon before him. If he acts like Haynesworth, he will be gone in 6 games too.

But I do guarantee that BB will not ever give him a contract like Holmes got, which is practically a no cut no matter how much of a ass he is as a teammate.
    Last edited by patman; 11-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.

You still are missing the point.

THE JETS PAID HOLMES LIKE HE IS A LEGITIMATE, ELITE #1 RECEIVER. No one here is defending Talib (to the extent you make an effort to get your facts straight- he is troubled but he has never "shot someone").

There is just a little irony in bozos like you criticizing an argument that Talib's situation is similar to Holmes' when in fact, the Jets' situation is 10X worse given that the Jets paid Holmes like a bonafide franchise player.

And he should have shot and killed the dirt bag child molester that was molesting his niece.

Guy's a cancer who got into a fist fight with his own teammate. He's a cancer and a druggie. This makes the Patriots worse and shows that BB is is in a fit of desperation to win before his QB declines any more than he already has.
    "Declines." The Jets should wish for a Quarterback who has declined as much as Brady.

Let me put it in the form of a question: Is their any GM in the League who would trade Brady for Sanchez AND Tebow?

Or, turning it around, if Belichick should temporarily go insane and call Tannenbaum offering to trade Brady for Sanbow tomorrow, before the extended trade deadline, what do you think Tannenbaum would do?

Pats fans would be quite happy with just about any dirt bags in the secondary right now... if you're cleared to play on the field and turn your head while the ball is coming, you're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCFan View Post
    "Declines." The Jets should wish for a Quarterback who has declined as much as Brady.

Let me put it in the form of a question: Is their any GM in the League who would trade Brady for Sanchez AND Tebow?

Or, turning it around, if Belichick should temporarily go insane and call Tannenbaum offering to trade Brady for Sanbow tomorrow, before the extended trade deadline, what do you think Tannenbaum would do?
    Tanny would save his ass and take Brady, because it would give him a reprieve on his job (not because Brady would light it up, but just for pulling off a trade of players who people have certain perceptions of based on their names, etc). But you don't build a future on a guy like Brady, he'll be done soon. Sanchez is the future. Tebow, don't care about.

All League
    I don't really see much potential for downside in the trade. Maybe it gives them an upgrade, but even if it doesn't work out, what are they out? A 4th round choice. That's not much, even if he only lasts with them for the remainder of this season. And the Pats have had some success getting problem players to play up to their potential at least for a while (Dillon, Moss).

Tanny would save his ass and take Brady, because it would give him a reprieve on his job (not because Brady would light it up, but just for pulling off a trade of players who people have certain perceptions of based on their names, etc). But you don't build a future on a guy like Brady, he'll be done soon. Sanchez is the future. Tebow, don't care about.
    Sanchez is the future of what? Certainly not as a starting QB in the NFL after 2013.

This is a high reward potential deal to fill a position of extreme need. If it works out like the Corey Dillon deal, which was terrific for the Pats, then I'll be a happy fan. If not, I'll still be a happy fan as the FO didn't sit on their hands when they had a chance to get better. It's not like anyone cried when they showed Haynesworth the door. A first round talent with character issues, who has produced at a high level in the NFL as CB for a swap of a 4th and a 7th? Where do I sign?