Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Spurrier thinks Alabama can beat NFL teams

If spurrier coached the NFL team maybe.

People forget that even the worst teams in history have immense talent on them. These guys are such freak athletes, that they make everything look so easy, that you forget how skilled they are.

The jump from college to the pros is the biggest talent jump there is. There is a lesser talent jump with Alabama and a top High School team, than there is Alabama to a the worst pro team. The Jags or the Browns or Chiefs would win by at least 40, and that is only if they decided to put their foot off the gas in the 2nd quarter. I am not sure if Alabama would be able to cross the 50, and if they would ever stop a team from scoring on any drive.

Only if Spurrier was the coach of said NFL team(s).

Even Jacksonville would steam roll Alabama.

I love Alabama. They're a pro football factory and they're fun to watch, but some of their starters don't even become NFL reserves.

There isn't a chance in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by tripside View Post
    I saw a guy in vegas tweet the jags would be favored by 24 vs bama on a neutral field, no chance they could put up a fight vs an nfl team.
    The spread would be much higher than that.

NFL team would likely put up 7 on every posession and Alabama would be lucky to get a first down.

NFL team would have more TD's than Alabama first downs.

NFL teams Bama can beat:

STL
    KC
    CLE
    BUF
    TENN (when Locker starts)
    NYJ (when Tebow starts)

Veteran
    There's a significant drop-off in ability between NFL starters and depth chart backups.

College players will get tossed around and beat all over the field.

Spurrier is demonstrating why he's not coaching in the NFL.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    There's a significant drop-off in ability between NFL starters and depth chart backups.

College players will get tossed around and beat all over the field.

Spurrier is demonstrating why he's not coaching in the NFL.

I really don't believe Spurrier believes what he said to the interviewer. Instead, he was probably using a superlative to state how good he thinks this year's Crimson Tide team is. Despite his lack of success in the NFL - he's no dummy! He knows the difference in talent.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    [/I][/B]
    I really don't believe Spurrier believes what he said to the interviewer. Instead, he was probably using a superlative to state how good he thinks this year's Crimson Tide team is. Despite his lack of success in the NFL - he's no dummy! He knows the difference in talent.
    Yeah, he must.

I'd hope.