Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 161

Thread: Jeez Matt Cassel is Awful

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure 5 years ago you could've said Alex Smith doesn't have a future
    Still doesnt. They will never win anything with him. Harabaugh knows this and that is why he tried his hardest to get peyton manning.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Still doesnt. They will never win anything with him. Harabaugh knows this and that is why he tried his hardest to get peyton manning.
    Alex Smith has a 69.4% completion rate, 12 TDs and 5 INTs. He's one of the most efficient QBs in the NFL right now. He's doing everything the Jets wished Sanchez could do.

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Stats? Marginally better at best this season. Gabbert is a terrible QB, poor pocket presence, inaccurate throws, horrible decision-making. He also had a historically bad rookie year. No one in this franchise (or any NFL franchise) should want him the way he has played.
    Agreed, he's bad and Sanchez is pretty well the same QB. All the things you listed about Gabbert are equatable to Sanchez. The difference is that Gabbert came on to a team that was bloody awful while Sanchez came on to a team with a top 5 Defense, running game and oline his 1st two years. Sanchez in year 4 is about = to a lousy Gabbert in year 2 who is on a terrible team.

    Gabbert:
    55.6%
    7td
    3 int
    17 sacks
    77.9 rating
    4 fumbles

    Sanchez:
    52.9%
    10 tds
    8 ints
    18 sacks
    72.8 rating
    7 fumbles.

    Gabbert stinks, Sanchez is right along with him.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Agreed, he's bad and Sanchez is pretty well the same QB. All the things you listed about Gabbert are equatable to Sanchez. The difference is that Gabbert came on to a team that was bloody awful while Sanchez came on to a team with a top 5 Defense, running game and oline his 1st two years. Sanchez in year 4 is about = to a lousy Gabbert in year 2 who is on a terrible team.

    Gabbert:
    55.6%
    7td
    3 int
    17 sacks
    77.9 rating
    4 fumbles

    Sanchez:
    52.9%
    10 tds
    8 ints
    18 sacks
    72.8 rating
    7 fumbles.

    Gabbert stinks, Sanchez is right along with him.
    Statswise, Mark's a notch or two worse than Gabbert, and that's pretty bad. No QB in the league, including the rookies (Brandon Wheedon!), has a lower completion % than Sanchez.

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alex Smith has a 69.4% completion rate, 12 TDs and 5 INTs. He's one of the most efficient QBs in the NFL right now. He's doing everything the Jets wished Sanchez could do.
    Yay!!!!! He stinks and hes not winning a super bowl. you can give me all the stats you want. Harbaugh tried his best to get rid of him for a 37 year old qb who hadnt played in 18 months.

    Why?

    Cause you will never win a super bowl with a game manager in this day and age.

    With the rule changes for the offense, brad johnson will be the last game manager to ever win the big one.

  6. #46
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Cassel has had done really good years in TE NFL though, more than can be said for Suckchez.
    when? one good year with the pats, so what?

  7. #47
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Why does that statement sound so familiar?

    As bad as you say he is, still beat your Pasts at home in a playoff game, with everything on the line against a healthy Tom Brady

    Can't be that bad, now can he Jerky?

  8. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yay!!!!! He stinks and hes not winning a super bowl. you can give me all the stats you want. Harbaugh tried his best to get rid of him for a 37 year old qb who hadnt played in 18 months.

    Why?

    Cause you will never win a super bowl with a game manager in this day and age.

    With the rule changes for the offense, brad johnson will be the last game manager to ever win the big one.
    Actually Big Ben was the last game manager. He isn't now, but when he won his 1st SB, he was just a game manager.

  9. #49
    All League
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yay!!!!! He stinks and hes not winning a super bowl. you can give me all the stats you want. Harbaugh tried his best to get rid of him for a 37 year old qb who hadnt played in 18 months.

    Why?

    Cause you will never win a super bowl with a game manager in this day and age.

    With the rule changes for the offense, brad johnson will be the last game manager to ever win the big one.
    if not for 2 special teams fumbles they would of been in the Super Bowl last year. Smith stepped up big in the Saints game. they can win with him

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    As bad as you say he is, still beat your Pasts at home in a playoff game, with everything on the line against a healthy Tom Brady

    Can't be that bad, now can he Jerky?

    lol@ using the word "Jerky" as an insult on the internet.


    That said, using you own eyes watching the games from December of last year to now, do YOU see Sanchez as a QB who is "not that bad"?

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,712
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Yay!!!!! He stinks and hes not winning a super bowl. you can give me all the stats you want. Harbaugh tried his best to get rid of him for a 37 year old qb who hadnt played in 18 months.

    Why?

    Cause you will never win a super bowl with a game manager in this day and age.

    With the rule changes for the offense, brad johnson will be the last game manager to ever win the big one.
    You are absolutely correct... As you said, Harbaugh knows it as well and that's why he sold out to get Peyton Manning. (And to think there were so many retards on this site who thought Peyton wouldn't even be close to what he was)

    Frisco has more all pros on that team than any other team in the league by FAR and they still won't win the super bowl because of Smith at QB. Everyone points to Dilfer, but looking at the past super bowl winners, you absolutely have to have that big time QB. Of course there is an exception once every 20 years, but that's it.

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Actually Big Ben was the last game manager. He isn't now, but when he won his 1st SB, he was just a game manager.
    He was a playmaker from day 1 though with how he could extend plays and was hard to take down. He also had a very high YPA in those first couple seasons, which meant when he did throw he was getting it downfield and accurately. He wasn't asked to throw a ton, but when he was, I just don't see it as game manager with his style of play.

  13. #53
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    lol@ using the word "Jerky" as an insult on the internet.


    That said, using you own eyes watching the games from December of last year to now, do YOU see Sanchez as a QB who is "not that bad"?

    I see a team that has regressed. I have seen a QB with very few weapons at his disposal. I hope he can mentally hang in there, because IMO there's enough positive, that outweighs the negative

    Lets be honest, he was good enough to beat the Pats a little over a week ago

  14. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Still doesnt. They will never win anything with him. Harabaugh knows this and that is why he tried his hardest to get peyton manning.
    Don't know why you say that.

    Alex Smith is the 4th ranked QB in the NFL completing 69.4% with 12 TD's to only 5 INT's and has a passer rating of 102.1

    I think Harbaugh is thrilled with his performance.

  15. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I see a team that has regressed. I have seen a QB with very few weapons at his disposal. I hope he can mentally hang in there, because IMO there's enough positive, that outweighs the negative

    Lets be honest, he was good enough to beat the Pats a little over a week ago
    You realize Sanchez is a major part of that team, right? When Sanchez fans say "the team sucks" or the "team has regressed" they are usually stating implicitly that "everyone but Mark Sanchez sucks or has regressed." I'm guessing that's your opinion.

  16. #56
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I see a team that has regressed. I have seen a QB with very few weapons at his disposal. I hope he can mentally hang in there, because IMO there's enough positive, that outweighs the negative

    Lets be honest, he was good enough to beat the Pats a little over a week ago
    He either made or heavily contributed to 3 turnovers against the Pats. On the road against a good team, that is not good enough to win. Not in my understanding of the NFL. The Jets D, however, was good enough to make the Pats offense look pretty mediocre throughout that game. The same Pats offense scored TDs on their first 5 drives against the Rams a week later.

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    As bad as you say he is, still beat your Pasts at home in a playoff game, with everything on the line against a healthy Tom Brady

    Can't be that bad, now can he Jerky?
    Wow, one fluke game two friggn' years ago.

    Since that game, he is 0-3 against the Pats.

    He's the worst starting QB in the NFL.

  18. #58
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    You realize Sanchez is a major part of that team, right? When Sanchez fans say "the team sucks" or the "team has regressed" they are usually stating implicitly that "everyone but Mark Sanchez sucks or has regressed." I'm guessing that's your opinion.

    I also see he's not playing well, but he has not had his #1 WR, and TE for most of the season

    Listen, I don't want to make excuses because I see his faults, but I'm not blind to see that he's good enough to win with

  19. #59
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Wow, one fluke game two friggn' years ago.

    Since that game, he is 0-3 against the Pats.

    He's the worst starting QB in the NFL.
    Hardly Jerky...you're not worth responding to other than throwing insults your way
    Last edited by JonEJet; 11-02-2012 at 12:31 PM.

  20. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post

    Listen, I don't want to make excuses because I see his faults, but I'm not blind to see that he's good enough to win with
    What's his career record versus teams with a winning record?

    'Nuff said.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us