Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeez Matt Cassel is Awful

All Pro

Jeez Matt Cassel is Awful

It's painful to watch this guy. Every time he gets it going just a little bit like clockwork he ****s it up with a stupid turnover or bad decision.

Their whole team is really terrible. But yeah, 2 defensive TDs, you could argue both at least partially his fault. McCluster could have had that, but it wasn't where you want to put it

Cassel has had done really good years in TE NFL though, more than can be said for Suckchez.

All Pro
    Every year he shows just enough to make KC fans think he may be ready to turn the corner. And then every year he nose dives. Given his age, if he was going to turn a corner it would have happened already. It's noticable how he just doesn't to improve year to year. At times he shows good touch in the medium range passing game but generally his accuracy is not good. His decision-making is weak. His pocket presence is weak. His footwork is poor. And his arm strength scares nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Every year he shows just enough to make KC fans think he may be ready to turn the corner. And then every year he nose dives. Given his age, if he was going to turn a corner it would have happened already. It's noticable how he just doesn't to improve year to year. At times he shows good touch in the medium range passing game but generally his accuracy is not good. His decision-making is weak. His pocket presence is weak. His footwork is poor. And his arm strength scares nobody.
    He is awful.

He parlayed 1 year in Belichick's system into 10s of millions.

Just another bum USC QB, there are about 30 of them in a row dating back to the 1970s, but Jet scouting wouldn't know that, and if they did they probably thought "this time will be different, after all we're the NY Jets, so what if statiscally speaking a USC QB gives us less than a 2% chance of winning a SB".

I hope the Jets pick Barkley next year haha. Why am I being sarcastic? They probably will.

Welp, looks like Geno Smith is KC bound

He just doesn't have the physical tools. If Quinn were not so horrible, he wouldn't play another snap this season

All Pro
    Wow. Amazing stat just announced during the game...the last time that the Chiefs won a game behind a QB who was drafted by the Chiefs was 1987----25 YEARS AGO (Todd Blackledge)!

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Wow. Amazing stat just announced during the game...the last time that the Chiefs won a game behind a QB who was drafted by the Chiefs was 1987----25 YEARS AGO (Todd Blackledge)!
    That really is an amazing stat.

What a horrible organization KC is. They haven't been reputable since Hank Stram was running things. Pioli, another bum, amazing what happens to virtually anyone who leaves Belichek, and to think, if he didn't hate Hess's man Gutman, he would have brought it all to our team...sad. I don't like Belichek, but I have lots of respect for him, cheating aside.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post

He parlayed 1 year in Belichick's system into 10s of millions.

I guess you missed the 2010 season?

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Cassel has had done really good years in TE NFL though, more than can be said for Suckchez.
    How many AFCCG's has Matt been in? I forget....

Sanchez is a joke but he had better moments in his short career than Matt ever had in his entire life.....aside from the "getting PAID" part.

It's refreshing to see a qb play worse than the suckchise...

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    How many AFCCG's has Matt been in? I forget....

Sanchez is a joke but he had better moments in his short career than Matt ever had in his entire life.....aside from the "getting PAID" part.
    Who cares, being the Trent Dilfer of an AFC Divisional round winner means nothing. Cassel had 2 years in the NFL where he was actually a really good QB. Sanchez has never been better than average.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Who cares, being the Trent Dilfer of an AFC Divisional round winner means nothing. Cassel had 2 years in the NFL where he was actually a really good QB. Sanchez has never been better than average.
    What are you his cousin?

In 2010 didn't he get destroyed by 30 or 40 points in KC's first play-off game?

Guy has stolen lots of money. Not in the same league as Sanchez in that department....but a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF View Post
    What are you his cousin?

In 2010 didn't he get destroyed by 30 or 40 points in KC's first play-off game?

Guy has stolen lots of money. Not in the same league as Sanchez in that department....but a lot.
    The money is the factor that makes Cassel looks like the steal of the century vs Sackchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's painful to watch this guy. Every time he gets it going just a little bit like clockwork he ****s it up with a stupid turnover or bad decision.
    It's noticable how he just doesn't to improve year to year. Generally his accuracy is not good. His decision-making is weak. His pocket presence is weak. His footwork is poor. And his arm strength scares nobody.
    Sounds like another qb I know.

Are people honestly saying that Matt Cassel is better than Mark Sanchez?

Let's get real here. His division title means very little due to the division that he did it in. And they got pounded by the Ravens at home in the playoffs.

And people think our organization sucks. 1987, the last year that the Chiefs won a game QB'ed by a QB drafted by them?

My god.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Are people honestly saying that Matt Cassel is better than Mark Sanchez?

Cassel is better than Sanchez.

It was scary just how similar the miscues were to Sanchez's. Costly fumble inside the KC red-zone and a tipped pick 6 on a high (but "catchable") throw to an open receiver. We've seen this movie before, haven't we?

LOL @ Cassell being better. I know Mark's stock is at an all-time low, but cmon man!

I suppose next you'll have people saying Gabbert >>> Sanchez