Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants/Steelers Game - Reschedule It

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Sports is a way of life in our society. Football has become our national pastime. Plenty of people who have lost big in this hurricane would love to have the Giants distract them for 3 hours. Your personal attack is not necessary, plenty of people feel the same way I do.
    I don't think it was a personal attack on you as a person. Many of us are shocked that people cannot understand what a horrifically bad idea the game and the marathon are.

One of my co-workers (a lawyer) is also a paramedic who deploys to disaster areas when things like this happens (he was a 9/11 first responder). If he is going to deploy to NYC b/c there aren't enough paramedics to support basic services, there should be ZERO police and ZERO EMT/Paramedics deployed to run a stupid race (or have a football game) until all the lights are on and all the people have hot food.

You play after the disaster is over - not while people are starving, cold, and living in the dark.

BTW - they didn't play games in the Superdome until they had time to recover.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    All pols are ALWAYS running.
    Not Christie. He is clearly to fat to run!!

Of course, so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I have friends in NJ with no power, no gas, and who are running out of food and who are at their wit's end.

Why is the NFL going to have a game at Metlife on Sunday? Couldn't those state troopers be used for something more useful?

Couldn't the game be moved to the Steelers place at the flick of a switch?
    Don't watch the game. Spend 11 hrs. volunteering and help someone. Don't try and ruin my Sunday after the week most of us had or are having. What good are the state troopers besides... well nothing actually. They dress like Nazi soldiers and act tough.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    Don't watch the game. Spend 11 hrs. volunteering and help someone. Don't try and ruin my Sunday after the week most of us had or are having. What good are the state troopers besides... well nothing actually. They dress like Nazi soldiers and act tough.
    The fact the you have time to post on JI says things aren't all that bad for you. The people from Breezy Point, Staten Island, the Jersey shore, Long Island coasts, Connecticut coast - those people are having bad weeks.

Can you imagine the bad press the Jets would be getting if it was them having a game in NY this Sunday instead of everyone'e favorite Giants? It makes me made just thinking about it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    There is no reason the game cannot be played. After Katrina, they moved the Saints games until things were stable in New Orleans.

The Giants game could easily be played in Pittsburgh, (maybe Philly), Hartford (Rentchler Field), Syracuse, or Buffalo depending upon availability. The key is to move the game away from the disaster zone while the disaster is still going on.!!

While I agree with you on the state trooper uniforms (I think they look more like the uniforms in Starship Troopers), those state police would be necessary if a fight broke out or a terrorist/moron tried to take advantage of the situation by doing something bad at the game.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    There is no reason the game cannot be played. After Katrina, they moved the Saints games until things were stable in New Orleans.

The Giants game could easily be played in Pittsburgh, (maybe Philly), Hartford (Rentchler Field), Syracuse, or Buffalo depending upon availability. The key is to move the game away from the disaster zone while the disaster is still going on.!!
    I agree with this 100% but the NFL would never take a home game away from their precious giants.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I agree with this 100% but the NFL would never take a home game away from their precious giants.
    Exactly right. Playing this game is just another example of the NFL and the city sticking it to the Jets.

How dare anyone even suggest it...
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 11-02-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Can you imagine the bad press the Jets would be getting if it was them having a game in NY this Sunday instead of everyone'e favorite Giants? It makes me made just thinking about it.
    You have my vote for king of JI!!

Matter of fact just heard that Commissioner Douchebag would like to add another home game to the Giants schedule to ease the pain and suffering of The Tri State Area residents...

I don't have a dog in this fight as I'm not from the east coast, but I really don't see the problem with playing the game since it'll only last a few hours.

First I would like to give nothing but best wishes and heartfelt sympathy and a total understanding of the situation.
    The dolphins played right after Wilma and was probably one of the best things that could have happened for us here in south Florida
    Can't Stand the dolphins but it Provided a distraction for a few hours

Veteran
    In case you haven't noticed we are in an emergency situation. People need to get their priorities straight. Sports are not a priority. I don't care how much of a way of life it has become. There is not a single emergency responder that is expendable right now to cover sporting events. That is the reality of it.
    Cant agree more pete, well said. I know people in Highlands and Sea bright NJ that are homeless...lost everything. All available resources must be sent to the areas they are needed most.

And before anyone tells me to go help...I am.

I'm still without power, cell doesn't work, visiting charging/ice stations, and trying not to drive much since I'm hoping things get better before I have to try those disturbingly long gas lines. I don't give a crap about football or the marathon this weekend since I won't be watching as I'll have no power supposedly til mid/late next week and I have to conserve iPad battery power

And I understand many have it much much worse than me

So yeah I agree with the reschedule crowd

Marathon's cancelled, but the Giants don't give a s--t about New York.

I say reschedule all gms that were in the path of Sandy in the NorthEast... Unbelievable storm!!! My power down here in Norfolk Va wentout for 1 nite bc of Sandy but losing my power for a wk would drive me F****** madass!!!!!!!!!!! They should be working on getting every1 restored and cleaned up, not sports.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I'm still without power, cell doesn't work, visiting charging/ice stations, and trying not to drive much since I'm hoping things get better before I have to try those disturbingly long gas lines. I don't give a crap about football or the marathon this weekend since I won't be watching as I'll have no power supposedly til mid/late next week and I have to conserve iPad battery power

And I understand many have it much much worse than me

So yeah I agree with the reschedule crowd
    Good luck. Hope it gets better soon.

Game should have been moved to Pittsburgh, case closed.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    All pols are ALWAYS running.
    Well said, Freedom Fry ... French Fry ... Fecund Foxborough ... or whatever