Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants/Steelers Game - Reschedule It

I also think it should have been moved to Pittsburgh and the fans should have been told not to root for the Steelers or face ejection or worse.

Veteran
    Why should the Giants swap a home game versus Steelers for a road game at Pittsburgh?

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Why should the Giants swap a home game versus Steelers for a road game at Pittsburgh?
    Really? Who f'ing cares about who has what home game at this point in this area!

FOOTBALL IS SECONDARY TO LIFE!!

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Because,,,,wait for it,,

It's the right thing to do??

Running the marathon was idiotic. Closing off streets and stretching our resources thin was flat out stupid.

Playing the Knicks game tonight was also easy. The game requires very little in the way of police presence and its no different than people showing up in manhattan for a broadway show.

The Giants situation is somewhere in between, but I just can't have that much of a problem with playing the game. Sure people are suffering (i was without power for a couple of days and have family sleeping over because they are still without power and are flooded) but the suffering will continue for a while and you can't stop every sporting event in the tri state area until everyone has power and all the displaced people are back in their homes.

No one is forcing anyone to go or watch the game. And the resources being used for the game are not that great.

It is a good distraction from this horrible situation
    Something else to think about
    Been through this many times.
    Shows recovery is starting

Last edited by Gastineau99; 11-02-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I have friends in NJ with no power, no gas, and who are running out of food and who are at their wit's end.

Why is the NFL going to have a game at Metlife on Sunday? Couldn't those state troopers be used for something more useful?

Couldn't the game be moved to the Steelers place at the flick of a switch?
    So the world should stop????It would be worse with no football

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Because,,,,wait for it,,

Um ... wait for it ... for whom?

Christie said power will be fully restored by Sunday and a three hour game at Metlife won't impact recovery efforts elsewhere.

Are Giants ticket holders supposed to make the trip to Pittsburgh or get a refund, or what's your plan?

Taking the game away from 80K local fans would just add to their misfortune, no?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandBlitz View Post
    So the world should stop????It would be worse with no football
    +1

The Giants need to win big for the fans and put some cheer into their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Oh, shut up already.
    Who are you to tell me to shut up
    I am a first responder who has to be out in the middle of these storms
    I leave my family at home during the stoms, while I go make sure people like you are safe.
    I can't even go home for 3 or 4 days
    I know what this is
    Andrew, Wilma and others
    Think before you run your key board
    Last edited by rangers1; 11-02-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight as I'm not from the east coast, but I really don't see the problem with playing the game since it'll only last a few hours.
    I can see how many would have this view, but if you were experiencing this my guess is you'd say otherwise. The resources and man power used at the game or that dumbass marathon are unbelievably sorely needed elsewhere.

I'm in Manasquan (jersey shore) w/o power. Currently blaring my 1600 watt tailgate generator to power a space heater in my sister's room. It's amazing how much power those little heaters pull. 1500 watts. Enough to power a fridge, big screen tv, cable box, few lights, chargers... Basically day time have a little comfort then choose heat. Then a fireplace to try to keep rest of the house above 55.

My neighbors are two women (mother n daughter) and they don't have a generator. So my Jet van has basically turned into a generator for them. 4 deep cycle batteries, 2000 watt inverter and idling all night to let them run a space heater n a light or two.

AND WE HAVE IT GOOD

I've spent the past couple days in Union Beach where my brothers house was flooded. He lucked out it was only flooded. We'be been gutting the place but that neighborhood looks like a damn war zone. National guard, local n state PD, sheriff... Homes burned, collapsed, flooded and smell like **** that still have people living in them because they have no where else to go or anyone to help.

Yesterday took my van and tailgate setup there to help my bro n neighbors. A bus goes around and hands out blankets and PB&J sandwiches but that doesn't help much when you've lost EVERYTHING with no power in a flooded home when the temperature drops to tbe 30s at night. This is happening up n down the shore to 100s of thousands. Looting and crime running rampant... and they wanna play a game for those who are fortunate enough to be able to attend. So they can have a break from their bad week of going a couple days w/o power and long gas lines?

F#ck that. The cops and resources are badly needed to help out.

The first day I went to my bro's to begin gutting his place I just took my car. After seeing the situation, I went back with my van n setup to share some power, grilled warm food, electric n propane heater with his neighbors on what's left of the street.

This weekend shouldn't have an event that takes resources away from the devastation that currently exists. (And no, devastation is not an exaggeration). Once we finish up with the house tomorrow, it's off to help others in any way we can... not to watch football.

Lend a hand to these people this weekend if you can.
    Last edited by Mike135; 11-03-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Even though they probably shouldn't play on Sunday....the reality is the NFL is too much of a cash cow to move games around. They would have to push the entire season back a week to reschedule.

Moving the game to Pittsburgh gives the Steelers a ~20% greater chance of winning statistically or something like that. Maybe more. No way the Giants sign for that.

Alternative would be to play the game in Philly I guess....or the Carrier Dome?
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 11-03-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Mike135, you're very resourceful and a blessing to your neighbors. I know how it feels to choose between the space heater with its insane wattage and the fridge and microwave. The longest I've been without electric, water and plumbing is 6 days. Using a 5 gallon bucket for a toilet. Makes you feel filthy and hopeless. I agree that whenever law enforcement is on the clock they need to be protecting the community and not doing game crowd control. The Giants should just take a bye week now and play the game at home later this season.

Stay safe. I hope things get back to something approaching normal very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    I have friends in NJ with no power, no gas, and who are running out of food and who are at their wit's end.

Why is the NFL going to have a game at Metlife on Sunday? Couldn't those state troopers be used for something more useful?

Couldn't the game be moved to the Steelers place at the flick of a switch?
    They could have played it at the Yale bowl. Fans that can not make it could turn their tickets in for a refund. Nice PR for the fans who are stuck and can't make it and the fans who were not affected get to see the game. The Giants played there for a whole year.
    Last edited by patman; 11-03-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    I'm still without power, cell doesn't work, visiting charging/ice stations, and trying not to drive much since I'm hoping things get better before I have to try those disturbingly long gas lines. I don't give a crap about football or the marathon this weekend since I won't be watching as I'll have no power supposedly til mid/late next week and I have to conserve iPad battery power

And I understand many have it much much worse than me

So yeah I agree with the reschedule crowd
    JCPL worker told me Thursday at best for restoration of power in my section of Sparta. No heat, water has moved us to a hotel for the time being. Expensive, but necessary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Because,,,,wait for it,,

People should see the devastation in Staten Island and LI and the jersey shore.

I cant imagine wasting gasoline to get to a football game is an astute move.

Just cancel the game.... if the game becomes an issue..play it at end of season or something.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Really? Who f'ing cares about who has what home game at this point in this area!

FOOTBALL IS SECONDARY TO LIFE!!
    Not even sure it is secondary....

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    People should see the devastation in Staten Island and LI and the jersey shore.

I cant imagine wasting gasoline to get to a football game is an astute move.

Just cancel the game.... if the game becomes an issue..play it at end of season or something.

Not even sure it is secondary....
    Life meaning everything else but football

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Christie is not running for office.
    The phony Obama was the one looking for a photo op. As per usual.
    The man who does nothing excect spend money he doesn't have.
    Agreed!! Obama is a jerk off. Campaigning in Ohio while people here are in need of some serious help. FEMA is a joke!! No fuel in Jersey City for emergency vehicle. So much for "No Red Tape" Obama. How can there red tape if there is no help. Whers is the helpp???

Quote Originally Posted by WillieT View Post
    Agreed!! Obama is a jerk off. Campaigning in Ohio while people here are in need of some serious help. FEMA is a joke!! No fuel in Jersey City for emergency vehicle. So much for "No Red Tape" Obama. How can there red tape if there is no help. Whers is the helpp???
    Are you in Jersey too?