Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giants/Steelers Game - Reschedule It

Did either team use their bye week yet? Even so, then they both get an extra bye week and the game is played another day, like Thursday night. Screw the NFL and screw the fans who "want" the game played. You can`t even get to Giants Stadium via Paterson Plank Rd. It`s closed in both directions and Moonachie Ave. has so much flood damage. Just postpone the game till another day or each team uses a bye for now. The schedule can easily be modified. Too friggin bad if the teams don`t like it. They don`t like it, give them each a loss in the standings.

No, the game should be played. Chris Christie made the right decision by giving the NFL his support. This is East Rutherford, not Long Beach Island and not a 26 mile marathon that blocks off NYC and takes up generators that could help cold families. The game will go on as it should.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieT View Post
    Agreed!! Obama is a jerk off. Campaigning in Ohio while people here are in need of some serious help. FEMA is a joke!! No fuel in Jersey City for emergency vehicle. So much for "No Red Tape" Obama. How can there red tape if there is no help. Whers is the helpp???
    Actually FEMA is out in force much sooner than anytime before (especially Katrina). Picking up 75% of the tab for initial n emergency resposes. Plus I personally have seen and spoken with their "agents" on the ground going house to house assessing damages and need. Releasing much needed emergency funds quickly to rent other places. Not to mention longer term solutions for rebuilding for the most needed.

... still waiting on the insurance company to make an appearance while FEMA has been around since Wednesday with boots on the ground. Fox News can bit#h all they want. I'm seeing it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Did either team use their bye week yet? Even so, then they both get an extra bye week and the game is played another day, like Thursday night. Screw the NFL and screw the fans who "want" the game played. You can`t even get to Giants Stadium via Paterson Plank Rd. It`s closed in both directions and Moonachie Ave. has so much flood damage. Just postpone the game till another day or each team uses a bye for now. The schedule can easily be modified. Too friggin bad if the teams don`t like it. They don`t like it, give them each a loss in the standings.
    Plus how are people supposed to get to Stilletos after the game if Paterson Plank Rd is messed up?

No train service to the stadium as well. I really don`t care about either team. Give`em both a loss or a tie, but I think this game should be rescheduled for a special MNF game or something. It`s just too early for anything like sports around here. East Rutherford unlike the shore or Staten Is., still received major flood damage. I work in the area and roads are closed from major flooding. Amazing how there wasn`t much rain during the storm, yet the same areas(Little Ferry, Moonachie, Carlstadt, Lyndhurst, East Rutherford)still flooded out due to the storm surge that breached a natural berm on the Hackensack River. All those areas sit at or below sea level. The roads are still closed aside from Rt3 and Rt17. With no train service to the stadium, I just don`t see why any fan would want to endure the traffic punishment after what this area has gone through. I doubt many fans are gonna use their gasoline for a game when I would think maybe getting to work next week would be a priority for that gas. Gas lines are hours long here in North Jersey. No one is gonna waste that stuff now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieT View Post
    Agreed!! Obama is a jerk off. Campaigning in Ohio while people here are in need of some serious help. FEMA is a joke!! No fuel in Jersey City for emergency vehicle. So much for "No Red Tape" Obama. How can there red tape if there is no help. Whers is the helpp???
    Willie T prefers those glorious days with Bush and Heckuva Job Brownie after Katrina when they forgot to show up for nearly a week

I'm desperate to see the Giants lose. They've been sooo lucky the last two weeks. After this week, I'll go back to rooting against the Steelers, unless it'll keep the Phins out of the playoffs.

Veteran
    The NFL should use this game to debut new colored gear for storm relief and give the pink a rest.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    People need a distraction? Football makes people feel good.
    How can people with no power for their TVs be distracted by a Televised Football game?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Willie T prefers those glorious days with Bush and Heckuva Job Brownie after Katrina when they forgot to show up for nearly a week
    The Federal response has been esentially the same. The "difference" has been the behavior of the rsidents of the area. NY/NJ residents imediately started helping each other for the most part.

NO residents stood in rising water and cried for someone to think for them....or just looted till they drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet_Engine1 View Post
    The Federal response has been esentially the same. The "difference" has been the behavior of the rsidents of the area. NY/NJ residents imediately started helping each other for the most part.

NO residents stood in rising water and cried for someone to think for them....or just looted till they drowned.
    Plenty of scumbags looting and price gouging folks here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Plenty of scumbags looting and price gouging folks here, too.
    Not nearly close as those down south. Not even close. People up here are a bunch of scumbags but when help is needed, people are much more civilized up here. We don`t blame anyone when nature hits us hard.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    National gov't should offer more support and resources... oh wait, there's an election on Tuesday, guess the region is SOL
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    Not nearly close as those down south. Not even close. People up here are a bunch of scumbags but when help is needed, people are much more civilized up here. We don`t blame anyone when nature hits us hard.
    I agree with your last statement, but I think you're giving us too much credit. People are being advised everywhere across the state to lock up your generator as people have been going around and stealing them left and right.

Natural disasters can bring about the best (and worst) in people.

FYI, MetLife was packed yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    But I bet the Giants wished they'd postponed the game

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    So was the Titantic when it went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    So was the Titantic when it went down.
    Thanks, I just spit up my coffee onto my white shirt.

Luckily I keep a spare set of clothes in my file cabinet.