Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants/Steelers Game - Reschedule It

All League

Giants/Steelers Game - Reschedule It

I have friends in NJ with no power, no gas, and who are running out of food and who are at their wit's end.

Why is the NFL going to have a game at Metlife on Sunday? Couldn't those state troopers be used for something more useful?

Couldn't the game be moved to the Steelers place at the flick of a switch?

People need a distraction? Football makes people feel good.

Ha you think that's bad? Look at the NYC marathon

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Ha you think that's bad? Look at the NYC marathon
    I totally agree. I cannot believe that Bloomberg is so clueless. If I am starving on Staten Island, I might get my friends together to form a human blockade to the race route to protest the three giant generator located in Central Park.

No need to cancel, people need a sense of normalcy... not to mention, Steelers doing the super classy move of agreeing to fly in the day of and fly out after the game rather than force their way to valuable hotel spots.

After the cover of todays post, there will be MAJOR problems if they run the marathon...people will use it to get out all their frustrations...it could get very, very ugly

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    No need to cancel, people need a sense of normalcy... not to mention, Steelers doing the super classy move of agreeing to fly in the day of and fly out after the game rather than force their way to valuable hotel spots.
    There is every need to cancel. All of the resources that are needed to have these events could certainly be used better elsewhere - police, fireman, EMT - all of these services need to be on call and/or present at the event. That they are being used for something so non-essential as a sporting event is beyond description when so many have lost everything and need help. Anyone who cannot see that is just as clueless as the imbeciles who decided to proceed with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    There is every need to cancel. All of the resources that are needed to have these events could certainly be used better elsewhere - police, fireman, EMT - all of these services need to be on call and/or present at the event. That they are being used for something so non-essential as a sporting event is beyond description when so many have lost everything and need help. Anyone who cannot see that is just as clueless as the imbeciles who decided to proceed with this crap.
    Sports is a way of life in our society. Football has become our national pastime. Plenty of people who have lost big in this hurricane would love to have the Giants distract them for 3 hours. Your personal attack is not necessary, plenty of people feel the same way I do.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Sports is a way of life in our society. Football has become our national pastime. Plenty of people who have lost big in this hurricane would love to have the Giants distract them for 3 hours. Your personal attack is not necessary, plenty of people feel the same way I do.
    In case you haven't noticed we are in an emergency situation. People need to get their priorities straight. Sports are not a priority. I don't care how much of a way of life it has become. There is not a single emergency responder that is expendable right now to cover sporting events. That is the reality of it.

Banned
    In case you haven't noticed we are in an emergency situation. People need to get their priorities straight. Sports are not a priority. I don't care how much of a way of life it has become. There is not a single emergency responder that is expendable right now to cover sporting events. That is the reality of it.
    Absolutely true.

Have only argued with Petejet about Psl's in the past. This post is spot on.

and the generators will be running at the tailgates sunday for the TV's to watch the 1PM games...

National gov't should offer more support and resources... oh wait, there's an election on Tuesday, guess the region is SOL

Jets Insider VIP
    National gov't should offer more support and resources... oh wait, there's an election on Tuesday, guess the region is SOL
    check with Governor Christie of New Jersey on that and get back to me

wow

just about the dumbest human on the planet

All League
    as of yesterday afternoon, 75% of nj doesnt have power

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    check with Governor Christie of New Jersey on that and get back to me

wow

just about the dumbest human on the planet
    Oh you mean the photo-op he had with Obama the other day? Meanwhile nobody can even get gas now 4 days removed from hurricane hitting and many many without power still. You calling anyone dumb is priceless.

Oh you mean the photo-op he had with Obama the other day? Meanwhile nobody can even get gas now 4 days removed from hurricane hitting and many many without power still. You calling anyone dumb is priceless.

Christie is not running for office.
    The phony Obama was the one looking for a photo op. As per usual.
    The man who does nothing excect spend money he doesn't have.

You have it completely backwards...

I'm okay with postponing whatever needs for sports and divert resources to anyone who is still being affected by the storm. I'm going to tune in but if they said no football in the Northeast until everyone is back up and on their feet, I'd be fine with it. The town next to me still has half of it without power.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Christie is not running for office.
    All pols are ALWAYS running.