Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Marathon

They cancelled the race.

Canceled, per WCBS Newsradio 88.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Just got word the Marathon is now cancelled (just heard it on NBC news)
    Not on Google yet...are you sure?

OK...Now on FOX. Bloomberg is still an a$$.

NYers should march on city hall.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Good.

Fish, thanks for the welcome back earlier.
    No thanks necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Not on Google yet...are you sure?
    Yes.

Jets Insider VIP
    CANCELLED

the right thing to do Mr Mayor

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    CANCELLED

the right thing to do Mr Mayor
    Im sure he was pressured. He is the AHOLE who said it should be on.

Fugg him.

Under KOCH or Giulianni..it would NEVER have been an issue.

Jets Insider VIP
    disagree

but the important thing is that it's cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Im sure he was pressured. He is the AHOLE who said it should be on.

Fugg him.

Under KOCH or Giulianni..it would NEVER have been an issue.
    Giuliani would have been equally moronic. Koch was a mensch with smarts and a heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Giuliani would have been equally moronic. Koch was a mensch with smarts and a heart.
    I lived in Queens and worked in Manhattan under KOCH. I really liked him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

On my way home from work I saw a convoy of utility trucks from Texas headed eastbound on I-195. Pretty sweet sight.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

A little too late to save allthe out if towners the aggravation of ciming in here, but better late than never.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    On my way home from work I saw a convoy of utility trucks from Texas headed eastbound on I-195. Pretty sweet sight.
    Btw, I meant to post this in the hurricane thread, my bad.

Bloomberg sucks.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    A little too late to save allthe out if towners the aggravation of ciming in here, but better late than never.
    My wife is understandably frustrated; she had a 2 week stay coming at friends up on 3rd ave in the 90's.

Now she gets to go to Florida.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    My wife is understandably frustrated; she had a 2 week stay coming at friends up on 3rd ave in the 90's.

Now she gets to go to Florida.
    3rd Ave and the 90s is perfectly fine, the lights will be back on downtown by tomorrow, why are you cancelling your trip?

Whether the marathon should take place is completely independent of whether oeope should visit the city now - imo they absolutely should. Once the lights go back on in the city, there should be no real problem accomodating the typical traffic in the city.

C'mon in....ill buy you a fresca.

What is this

The reasons I write in the margins, so to speak, is because it seems you do all the heavy thinking for us.
    I barely do any thinking for me, much less all of you fine gentlemen. Anway, I think you've got another friend who does the heavy thinking in your mutual admiration society, so much so I've occasionally wondered if they're not one and the same....

BTW I made the effort to lay out my rig and share secrets of being a weekend Gilmour warrior...but that died a quick death.

whatupwiththat?
    Your setup was impressive if I recall.

All Pro
    The idea of a benefit taking place instead of the race played into the "peaking" idea. Obviously this is not the right time; people are watching their food rot...the news makes it sound as if there's real progress; yet the people I listen to say that's not the case.

What is this

The reasons I write in the margins, so to speak, is because it seems you do all the heavy thinking for us. With one of your threads, there's never much meat on the bone for me; I usually just agree with you.

BTW I made the effort to lay out my rig and share secrets of being a weekend Gilmour warrior...but that died a quick death.

whatupwiththat?
    "Meat" you say, more like cheap supermarket brand bacon that melts away when heat is applied, shriveling up to an unsatisfying repast.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    "Meat" you say, more like cheap supermarket brand bacon that melts away when heat is applied, shriveling up to an unsatisfying repast.
    That's wrong, and you know it.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 11-03-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Your setup was impressive if I recall.
    How come no one was talking about how they set their amps; what tunes they like to play; do you play along with YubeTube; that kind of thing.

right?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    3rd Ave and the 90s is perfectly fine, the lights will be back on downtown by tomorrow, why are you cancelling your trip?

Whether the marathon should take place is completely independent of whether oeope should visit the city now - imo they absolutely should. Once the lights go back on in the city, there should be no real problem accomodating the typical traffic in the city.

C'mon in....ill buy you a fresca.
    MI grew up on E91st and hvae family on 93rd and 3rd and yes they are fine.

Others on LI...not so much.

WCO...it appears that you are/were in the SMALL minority about the Marathon.

I am glad it was cancelled. I am watching FOX right now ..looking at damage on LI south shore. UNREAL.

BTW...anyone hear or know about 32? I believe he lives in the Oceanside area of LI. That place got hammered.

I cant believe I am playing golf today and people are in cold wet homes. Heart breaking.

How come no one was talking about how they set their amps; what tunes they like to play; do you play along with YubeTube; that kind of thing.

right?
    Well, in my case, I lack the talent (and effort) to actually play tunes. I am truly horrible. I'd link the one YouTube of me playing, but sadly I can't.

I have heard that playing along with YouTube, be it tutorials or just songs, is a great learning tool.

As for amps, I don't really set mine up per se. Just fiddle the knobs till it sounds halfway decent, but really, I've had someone come over and instantly make my amp sound so much better than I couldm, just via a few knob twists.

What I am dissapointed in is my Marshall Amp. Damn things died 3 times, tired of getting it repaired, hence why I was looking at that cheap tube Fender Pawn Shop Amp.