Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Marathon

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

BTW...anyone hear or know about 32? I believe he lives in the Oceanside area of LI. That place got hammered.
    I have not and have not seen him post yet.
    I am missing my friend here; 32g I hope all is well with you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    +alotmorethanone

Again, I hope it's just "busy with cleanup and serious stuff" keeping him away. Since he usedtobeacop, who knows, maybe he's off being Mr. Helpful and saving the day with derring do in his local neighborhood. I wouldn't put that past him tbh.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Well, in my case, I lack the talent (and effort) to actually play tunes. I am truly horrible. I'd link the one YouTube of me playing, but sadly I can't.

I have heard that playing along with YouTube, be it tutorials or just songs, is a great learning tool.

As for amps, I don't really set mine up per se. Just fiddle the knobs till it sounds halfway decent, but really, I've had someone come over and instantly make my amp sound so much better than I couldm, just via a few knob twists.

What I am dissapointed in is my Marshall Amp. Damn things died 3 times, tired of getting it repaired, hence why I was looking at that cheap tube Fender Pawn Shop Amp.
    There's no crying in baseball; if you are having a good time noodling or just drooling on the pickguard while standing in the mirror posing like EVH...guitar time is our time.© That all counts towards teh happiness; turns out that no one is grading us harder than ourselves.

I think, going back to gear now, for guys like us with a zillion irons in the fire and commitments all over, that 2 cheap amps split in stereo will give you that "headphones sound"; you have to include a multi-pedal or one really solid pedal that give a L/R split coming out. the right touch of delay with the growl© across the spread of those amps will give that headphones quality, and you will like how you sound and hang in there while you master your songs.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    +alotmorethanone

Again, I hope it's just "busy with cleanup and serious stuff" keeping him away. Since he usedtobeacop, who knows, maybe he's off being Mr. Helpful and saving the day with derring do in his local neighborhood. I wouldn't put that past him tbh.
    Without a doubt; he's leading the dig out wherever he is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Ha ha you idiot.

I'm fine, lost power like everyone else, got it back (alot quicker than many who are still without). My Generator saved me and the neighbors on either side of me until the power came back but had no phone/interetses/TV for most of the week.

TOn of trees down by me but no real water/home damage. However just south of us the destruction seems to get worse block by block.

On the bright side, we just loaded up two big Uhauls with clothes/diapers/water/blankets/towels at the local Rec Center...for delivery to Breezy/Longbeach...took us 40 minutes to fill both trucks with about 30 of us working together....people cant do enough.

Sadly, I think I will have two new families on the block as they are refugees from Long Beach and have nothing to go home to. They leave here every day to check on their homes and come back a little less hopeful every time.
    The family refugees I took on Monday should be going home tonight as they got power back.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Prayers for you guys that suffered alot worse than I did.
    Last edited by 32green; 11-03-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Those that didnt express horror at my alleged demise will be baned.

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

-
    Don't bane me bro

Glad everything is relatively well sizzle chest.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    sizzle chest.

-
    How are the mums? Raped?

Ha ha you idiot.

I'm fine, lost power like everyone else, got it back (alot quicker than many who are still without). My Generator saved me and the neighbors on either side of me until the power came back but had no phone/interetses/TV for most of the week.

TOn of trees down by me but no real water/home damage. However just south of us the destruction seems to get worse block by block.

On the bright side, we just loaded up two big Uhauls with clothes/diapers/water/blankets/towels at the local Rec Center...for delivery to Breezy/Longbeach...took us 40 minutes to fill both trucks with about 30 of us working together....people cant do enough.

Sadly, I think I will have two new families on the block as they are refugees from Long Beach and have nothing to go home to. They leave here every day to check on their homes and come back a little less hopeful every time.
    The family refugees I took on Monday should be going home tonight as they got power back.

Truckload of stuff headed down to Monmouth Co. From my way. Police and Fire have been collecting all day.

Glad yer OK Nipsey.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ha ha you idiot.

I forgot.

Concerned bird was concerned.

Bewildered Beast

-
    WHoA!

Jets Insider VIP

-
    I PMed mine to Ham

Jets Insider VIP

-
    Caltron laughed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ha ha you idiot.

Good to hear...unbelievable how bad this has been. Best of Luck.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    Truckload of stuff headed down to Monmouth Co. From my way. Police and Fire have been collecting all day.

Glad yer OK Nipsey.
    Wow, that's very nice. Thanks, lousy chowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Wow, that's very nice. Thanks, lousy chowds.
    Yeah, I'm helping people from New Jersey.

The world works in mysterious ways.

All League

-
    Forgiveness most merciful Dear Leader...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Forgiveness most merciful Dear Leader...
    lolz

Say...any room on that Patriot bandwagon? I'm shopping teams.

-